HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 'Early' GDT: Blue Jackets @ Blues

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 05:33 PM
MephistoIV

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Have to disagree with you slightly. If everyone is healthy, I think Walser is #7

Sydor-Wescott
Richardson-Spacek
Lachance-Klesla

Sydor, Wescott, Spacek and Klesla all would get PP time.

Hes played great with our injuries and I think he can contend for a bottom 6 spot now...

what a save by Marc on the penalty shot though...

Old
12-16-2003, 05:48 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Hmmmm......We're not blown out yet, but I guess there's still plenty of time.
I figured I'd be stomping off to bed by now. (not without kicking the cat first, of course)
I told my wife I'd streak down our street if won. She doesn't think I'm serious. A road win would be worth the cold. I'm just trying to do my part.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Spaceace

Drake ties it on the PP!!!!!!!!! 1-1

Old
12-16-2003, 06:09 PM
CBJSlash

We look confident out there. Even though they tied it we aren't rolling up into a ball. It'd be nice to see one of our d-man just knock the crap out of somebody in front of the net.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:20 PM
DStarsChick

Send a message via AIM to DStarsChick
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan-o-45
Hmmmm......We're not blown out yet, but I guess there's still plenty of time.
I figured I'd be stomping off to bed by now. (not without kicking the cat first, of course)
I told my wife I'd streak down our street if won. She doesn't think I'm serious. A road win would be worth the cold. I'm just trying to do my part.

3 minutes left, what will you do for a tie??

Old
12-16-2003, 06:22 PM
CBJSlash

Is it possible that when we are in the offensive zone, Walser plays, but when he crosses the red line he morphs into another Scott Lachance?

Old
12-16-2003, 06:25 PM
CBJSlash

Denis is playing like he never wants another day off

Old
12-16-2003, 06:27 PM
Spaceace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash
Denis is playing like he never wants another day off
He's sounding AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Old
12-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Spaceace

Blues win!!!!! Although this was a loss for Columbus, Denis SOUNDED like he was standing on his head. He's the 1st star of the game.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:35 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
I was listening to the Blue Jackets net-radio feed tonight, despite the fact I'm a Blues fan (MediaPlayer wasn't working properly for KTRS feed). I don't know who does the play-by-play, but he made it sound like I had just missed the most exciting game in history. You guys should consider yourselves lucky to have a play-by-play man like that.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:38 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Damn. See, this team is so damn inconsistent. That's what drives me nuts. Good effort tonight. Denis was outstanding -- can't really fault him or Lachance too much on the winning goal, Tkachuk did a great job.
Physical play. Good chances on the offensive end. At least they got a point. I'm happy in the sense that I really thought Columbus would get rolled tonight, but I'm still a wee bit pissed because the inconsistency from game to game is madening.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:39 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Aaaahhhh.....deja' vu.
I guess I'll kick the cat now.

Quote:
3 minutes left, what will you do for a tie??
I never expected a tie.
This is exactly what I expected. Figured it was a safe bet.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:43 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Yeah, I've got to give props to Tkachuk for a really incredible goal. I'm not going to blame Denis, either. You can't expect him to hold a one goal lead every game. Sure wish we could get our scoring lines together.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:51 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
I was listening to the Blue Jackets net-radio feed tonight, despite the fact I'm a Blues fan (MediaPlayer wasn't working properly for KTRS feed). I don't know who does the play-by-play, but he made it sound like I had just missed the most exciting game in history. You guys should consider yourselves lucky to have a play-by-play man like that.
Ahh, welcome to the wonderful world of George Matthews and Bill Davidge (sp?), my Tiffani-Amber loving friend (hockey may divide us, but the sexy ladies of Saved By the Bell will always bring us together).
I almost can't listen to CBJ games because George gets so damn wound up. It's too stressful on me. RIGHT OFF IN FRONT ... SAVE MADE, HOLY MOLY WHAT A GOALIE....
I always feel like I'm going to have a heartattack.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:54 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan-o-45
Yeah, I've got to give props to Tkachuk for a really incredible goal. I'm not going to blame Denis, either. You can't expect him to hold a one goal lead every game. Sure wish we could get our scoring lines together.
I like Malhotra, but I'm not sure why DM paired him and Nash. It didn't pay off tonight. I liked Cassels with Nash and Malhotra with Zherdev. I thought that worked well in the few games it has been used.
Not many opportunities to use the 4th line tonight, but I think I saw Hyphens once the whole game and that was in the first period.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:59 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
I like Malhotra, but I'm not sure why DM paired him and Nash. It didn't pay off tonight. I liked Cassels with Nash and Malhotra with Zherdev. I thought that worked well in the few games it has been used.
Not many opportunities to use the 4th line tonight, but I think I saw Hyphens once the whole game and that was in the first period.
Nash-Cassels-Vyborny
Sanderson-Malhotra-Zherdev
Wright-Marchant-Letowski
Does it really matter what the fourth line it?

Come on, Doug, make it happppeeeennnnn. You get two actual scoring lines and a shutdown line.

I noticed the absence of Hyphens as well, I noticed all the other centers (Marchant, Cassels and Malhotra) took the shift when the fourth came out.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:26 PM
CBJSlash

Quote:
Ahh, welcome to the wonderful world of George Matthews and Bill Davidge (sp?), my Tiffani-Amber loving friend (hockey may divide us, but the sexy ladies of Saved By the Bell will always bring us together).
I almost can't listen to CBJ games because George gets so damn wound up. It's too stressful on me. RIGHT OFF IN FRONT ... SAVE MADE, HOLY MOLY WHAT A GOALIE....
I always feel like I'm going to have a heartattack.
Agreed I've had chest pains every time I listen to the guy. Not a big fan of the lines tonight. I think Maclean was looking to get 3 lines that could put the puck in the net. Andy, Sandy and Vyborny usually produce some chances, then Marchant with Zherdev, and Nash with anybody. I don't think it paid off either. In my opinion I like Nash on a line with Marchant more, I think he speed creates space and his defense allows Nash to spring some odd man rushes.

I sure wish our back end was healthy. The subs have done nice especially Erickson IMO, but it would be nice to see what our full healthy squad could do. I thought our D got pushed around a bit tonight and why could have desperately used Richardson and Westcott back there.

The forwards did an excellent job backchecking and forechecking. How bout Zherdev taking the puck right off Demitra's stick?

Good effort from the guys tonight.

Old
12-16-2003, 09:04 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
The game wasnt televised in Stl tonight, so I watched the Columbus feed on Cenet Ice. And Wow, Dan Kelly, our old radio Play by play guy. He has a good voice like his dad(HoFer), enjoy him while you have him.

On the post game show, the Stl radio guys were paying huge compliments for Nash and Zherdev. They talked about how zherdev is bubbling with talent that you can already see on the ice. About how Nash is like a Joe Thornton, who is developing faster than joe thornton. And about how well klesla is comming around. These words were coming from the likes of Bob Plager. IVe always thought that Of all the recent expansion teams, Columbus has done the best job of drafting.

Old
12-16-2003, 11:45 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBJF
Weird hunch time:

Marc Denis, more than a trifle miffed about his brief benching, plays the way he did the first season, and keeps Columbus in the game early.

Shelley thumps somebody, Vyborny and Cassels score, Wright gets an empty-netter after a last-minute goal brings the Blues within one (he is still Marc Denis, after all).

Jackets win 3-1.

And a jolly old elf in a red suit is heard to exclaim as his sleigh rockets out of sight "You guys were due for a break. Now somebody tell MacLean to get stop calling me!"
that was a very good bout between Steve Mclaren and Jody Shelley, they were both throwing em pretty good. I would have to give Shelley an edge but that was hardly a thumping?

Mark Denis was easily the best player on the ice for either team tonight.

Old
12-17-2003, 03:00 AM
MephistoIV

Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
what an amazing game by the jackets... EVERYONE played well(except the fourth lines 1 minute of ice time)

Denis proved why he should NOT have been benched in Pitt and Nash had a handful of shots. Geoff was his old self and played great and except for Walser's SECOND IN A ROW game ending penalty, he played solid..

And, I always mute the FSN guys since they are goons and put on the radio...

Old
12-17-2003, 04:28 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
that was a very good bout between Steve Mclaren and Jody Shelley, they were both throwing em pretty good. I would have to give Shelley an edge but that was hardly a thumping?

Mark Denis was easily the best player on the ice for either team tonight.
TBJF made that post earlier in the day. I guess since he felt Shelley hasn't fought much recently, he'd take his frustration out at some point. Pretty even battle. Is McLaren going to stick with the club till Low gets back?

Old
12-17-2003, 04:45 AM
jackets63

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
The game wasnt televised in Stl tonight, so I watched the Columbus feed on Cenet Ice. And Wow, Dan Kelly, our old radio Play by play guy. He has a good voice like his dad(HoFer), enjoy him while you have him.
You mean Dan Kelley actually had a job before his stint with the Jackets? I wasnt sure he had ever seen a hockey game before, let alone worked play-by-play for one before. You can have him and the equally inept Konroyd any day. I cant believe you could play in the league as long as Konroyd did and be so clueless about the game. Too bad the AHL doesnt have a strong TV contract. These two need sent down to work on thier game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
... IVe always thought that Of all the recent expansion teams, Columbus has done the best job of drafting.
Personelwise, I think we've done great things with the assets at our disposal (other than the Espen Knutsen situation.) Thats why you might pick up the frustration of everyone here. There is no reason that we should play so horrible with the guys we have here.

Old
12-17-2003, 05:26 AM
TBJF
Brick by Ga-borik

Send a message via AIM to TBJF Send a message via Yahoo to TBJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
TBJF made that post earlier in the day.
Correct. I agree with c-carp in scoring the the bout as just about dead-even.

Another frustrating loss, but a good hockey game.

If Denis can maintain something close to this level of play for a few games, and a d-man or two comes back from IR, this team could develop some positive momentum.

Closed Thread