HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wpg-Chi trade

Old
02-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Zhamnov10

vCash: 500
Wpg-Chi trade

To wpg: Nicklas Hjalmarsson

To chi: Zach Redmond + 2013 3rd

I'm not sure but with cap situation next year,Leddy becomes rfa,Chicago looking for improved goaltending at a cost I think this trade will help both teams.Chi has to many LHD and wpg has to many RHD.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Seanahue

vCash: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post

I'm not sure but with cap situation next year,Leddy becomes rfa,Chicago looking for improved goaltending at a cost I think this trade will help both teams.Chi has to many LHD and wpg has to many RHD.
Can't see us doing that with how well Redmond has been playing in his first dance. He did his time in the minors and it looks like it has paid off.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:00 AM
GGGHawks18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post

Hammer has been the best D guy this year for the Hawks. I don't see the Hawks trading any of their D guys at this point. They have solid depth. Brookbank has played a little better the last couple games (only playing because Rozival is hurt).

Goal tending this year has been real good. Crawford has looked like he was a couple of years ago and Emery has done very well in his 3 starts this year.

No on Chicago's end.

GGGHawks18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGHawks18 View Post
Hammer has been the best D guy this year for the Hawks. I don't see the Hawks trading any of their D guys at this point. They have solid depth. Brookbank has played a little better the last couple games (only playing because Rozival is hurt).

Goal tending this year has been real good. Crawford has looked like he was a couple of years ago and Emery has done very well in his 3 starts this year.

No on Chicago's end.
What are your teams biggest needs?

Old
02-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Hawkaholic

This isn't even close.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 120
Hawks fans probably have a better gauge, is Hjarmalsson actually available? Personally I'd be willing to give up a bit more than that.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Hawks fans probably have a better gauge, is Hjarmalsson actually available? Personally I'd be willing to give up a bit more than that.
I agree maybe add Antro to the mix

Old
02-09-2013, 12:49 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Hawks biggest need is a second or third line cener who can win faceoffs, can play an up tempo game, is defensively responsible, and offensively capable. Doesn't have to be a star, but must be an upgrade over Kruger and Shaw. The defense won't be altered unless there is an injury. Goaltending is set if Crawford continues to play well, equal to or better than his first year (as he is currently).

The roster players who are expendable include Frolik and Bickell and maybe Stalberg (if the player coming back is higher end). The farm is stocked with players who can go in a trade, though probaly not including Danault, Teravainen and even McNeill. This would include Jimmy Hayes, Adam Clendening, Jeremy Morin, Dylan Olsen, Kyle Beach and even Brandon Pirri. Draft picks also can go. They will be looking to trade quantity and quality futures for that *one* player, not the other way around.

This trade doesn't help the Hawks in their pursuit of The Cup, and in fact weakens the team considerably. Easy to say no to to the proposal.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

As a Jets fan, I understand why the OP thinks Redmond holds value, but the reality is he is a complete no-name to fans of other teams.

I am extremely high on Redmond but I get that Blackhawks fans would laugh at this.

I'd rather just see what Redmond can become over the next year or two rather than trade him right before he potentially breaks out, especially considering we won't get value out of him in a trade.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:56 PM
sketch22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not really. Unless a team is sending back a player who can fill Hammer's spot plus something else there is no reason for the Hawks to make this deal. Hammer has arguably been the Hawks best d-man so far this year and any deal involving him would have to reflect that value to the team. The Hawks are contending and trading Hammer for an unproven d-man with a grand total of 4 NHL games on his resume doesn't match up with what we are trying to do. Plus the Hawks don't need more puck movers. If the Hawks move Hammer they would immediately need some exactly like him to fill his spot.

sketch22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
Hawks biggest need is a second or third line cener who can win faceoffs, can play an up tempo game, is defensively responsible, and offensively capable. Doesn't have to be a star, but must be an upgrade over Kruger and Shaw. The defense won't be altered unless there is an injury. Goaltending is set if Crawford continues to play well, equal to or better than his first year (as he is currently).

The roster players who are expendable include Frolik and Bickell and maybe Stalberg (if the player coming back is higher end). The farm is stocked with players who can go in a trade, though probaly not including Danault, Teravainen and even McNeill. This would include Jimmy Hayes, Adam Clendening, Jeremy Morin, Dylan Olsen, Kyle Beach and even Brandon Pirri. Draft picks also can go. They will be looking to trade quantity and quality futures for that *one* player, not the other way around.

This trade doesn't help the Hawks in their pursuit of The Cup, and in fact weakens the team considerably. Easy to say no to to the proposal.
Sounds like the Hawks might be in the market for Antro at the deadline if the Jets are out of it, especially given the history with Chevy and the Hawks. I think Antro would be a huge pick-up for the right contending team.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:01 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
I would rather trade postma then redmond

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:10 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

I've been really impressed by what Redmond has done so far this year, but there's no way Chicago gives up Hjalmarsson that easily. There'd be a dozen other teams willing to give up more I'd think. Besides which, Redmond's value is tracking up and is considered a future piece for the team (likely #4 D) - Hainsey should be the trade target.

I agree with the earlier posters that Antro could be a huge pickup for a contender at the deadline. He's streaky offensively and he's the butt of jokes for his foot speed, but he's still solid defensively and he's smart/strong with/on the puck during the cycle game. He'd be an upgrade for a lot of teams at 3rd-line center or a huge upgrade on the 4th line. Hawks fans shouldn't have to be reminded of the benefits to depth at forward during the playoffs.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Hawker14

Done deal.

Hawker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:19 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
Sounds like the Hawks might be in the market for Antro at the deadline if the Jets are out of it, especially given the history with Chevy and the Hawks. I think Antro would be a huge pick-up for the right contending team.
Antropov plays an up-tempo game?

As for the OP, Chicago passes.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no to this. Just tell me how does this help the Hawks

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Just IMO - but Hjalmarsson is nowhere close to being available, which wasn't the case this off-season. Hawks fans are thrilled how Hjalmarsson has "leveled up" to a legit upper tier 2nd pair d-man at this point. It's only 11 games, so I won't go all bat-shyte crazy, but I'm actually more confident with him defensively than than anyone else. He's a perfect fit for the team, and he's got a reasonable cap hit at $3.5M. I can't imagine him getting traded in any sort of "reasonable" trade at this point.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:31 PM
sketch22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Antropov plays an up-tempo game?
Exactly what I was thinking.

sketch22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:47 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

What would Chicago want for Dylan Olsen? Winnipeg could sure use a lefty defenseman.

untouchable21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:51 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
What would Chicago want for Dylan Olsen? Winnipeg could sure use a lefty defenseman.
As a package, Chicago would move him for a top-9 centre.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I would rather trade postma then redmond
Me too!

Old
02-09-2013, 01:56 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Good idea.

Probably not much, it'd be awesome to just get the Oduya 3rd back , he looked decent last year when he was on the team but did poorly back in Rockford. Then again, Leddy didn't look great in Rockford and has been a beast so far. I think he has NHL second pairing upside and like many college players will be a late bloomer. It's his speed that usually gets griped about. He'd be a good pickup for another team to give a serious shot if they got him for cheap.

I'd hate to trade for a 2C/3C without giving Brandon Pirri a minimum of 15 games first.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:02 PM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1700
Pure HF. A solid NHL player for an unproven prospect and a pick in the later round. People put way too much stock in prospects and undervalue NHL players around here.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Wpgpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
Hawks biggest need is a second or third line cener who can win faceoffs, can play an up tempo game, is defensively responsible, and offensively capable. Doesn't have to be a star, but must be an upgrade over Kruger and Shaw.
Bryan Little?

Wpgpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Alexander Burmistrov would look good here in Chicago

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote