HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[BOS/NYI] Tim Thomas traded to Islanders for conditional 2nd in '14 or '15

Old
02-09-2013, 11:58 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I thought I was giving you a hard time on our board with the TT discussion, but after reading through part of this thread I realize it was mild banter compared to the 1,000 times you had to clarify that we won't be losing the 2nd round pick, not to mention the fact that Daly himself said the Isles won't be allowed to toll the contract for infinity. I hope you have Advil because it would give me a headache. I think I even saw some posters talking from an angle of the Islanders expecting TT to play one day.

I do think Vis is going to be traded, btw, and have said that for a while now. But Streit has been playing to his standard season opening suck level so this entire saga may play out in some unanticipated interesting way. Thomas' contract wouldn't cover moving both though.
I wish we could sticky the main facts

I don't know what's sillier..the omg outrage and false statements, that the TT contract allows the isles to reach the cap floor.

or the snickering over the isles losing a 2nd, when Thomas' agent says he's still not playing and plenty of credible writers have said, the B's only get the pick if he plays 1 game.

And I think the isles could trade both Vis+ Streit, if they bring back at least $700,000 in salary. I'm hoping we get a serious push for a playoff spot instead.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:33 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Six words: Playing for the isles on Sat.

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...ed:i=1.4592300

Lubomir Visnovsky had an idea what his reception from the fans at Nassau Coliseum for his Islanders debut might be like Saturday night.

"I talk to Garth Snow, talk to coaches, talk to teammates, and it was big surprise to me how good to me, everybody excited to like me and everybody thinking I try to help this team," Visnovsky said in English he apologized for after a brief interview. "I want to [show] everybody I'm a good player and I want to help this team . . . "
Crew, I wasn't mocking the Isles - I'm aware of Vis (finally!) coming over to do what he's legally bound to, I strongly dislike Slovan and I was very, very upset with how Vis behaved towards Isles since last summer (grievance etc.). It was just a really pathetic attempt of sarcasm.

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:36 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Crew, I wasn't mocking the Isles - I'm aware of Vis (finally!) coming over to do what he's legally bound to, I strongly dislike Slovan and I was very, very upset with how Vis behaved towards Isles since last summer (grievance etc.). It was just a really pathetic attempt of sarcasm.
Oh, may bad
Sorry.

I thought you were saying another player, the isles can't get to play for them.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:41 PM
A Pointed Stick
Can You Believe It?

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
There's something inherently wrong with this move and the league seems powerless to stop the Isles from doing so.

Thomas won't play this year. Mentally, he's gone off the deep end.

It's just a way for the Isles to spend as little money as possible and ice the least competitive team they can find. Taking on $5 mil in salary for dead weight just so you won't be penalized is just ethically wrong.
The team, with Visnovsky reporting now, is above the cap without using TTs contract. In other words it isn't to meet salary floor limits now. The consensus thinking on our board is that it gives the GM the option to move a high priced contract like Visnovsky. In a vacuum, that is a smart move by a GM who is screwed by an owner not willing to pay more than the league minimum. Consider the way we have had to overpay for really bad old vets to meet the cap floor, you could almost be sympathetic about it.

But I can't because the owner is already cheating the cap floor rule by keeping his pet goaltender onboard. He should have traded for some good players by now which would have put us over the floor making the TT trade avoidable.

Btw, I wish the majority of you would use Wang's name instead of saying 'the Islanders' when it comes to this stuff. Us fans, the players, probably the GM, all want the team to invest in their club appropriately. The problem is the owner. He deserves all the credit for this crap.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:44 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Oh, may bad
Sorry.

I thought you were saying another player, the isles can't get to play for them.
Well, considering nearly everybody's saying that in here, I should have seen that coming

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote