HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Rundblad to Philadelphia

Old
01-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
Rundblad + Boedker + 2013 3rd for Giroux
I enjoy how it's a 3rd. Can't give up a 2nd for Claude!

Jack Donaghy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
I would give Rundblad and a 2nd for Schenn, at least. I might even throw in another decent prospect or depth type d-man.
Me too.

02-08-2013, 11:53 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Considering he's been scratched for 8 of the 11 games played, maybe a thought of bring traded can come back? So I thought I'd bump this. It just seems he can't break into the line-up with Phoenix, but Philly could use his puck moving skills.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:23 AM
Primary Assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I'd very much rather Keep Laughton over Rundblad. Also, I would think that to some point, I know he's not proven yet, but Laughton might still have more value than Rundblad right now.
Laughton was projected as a 3rd rounder in last year's draft, whom Holmgren reached for at the end of the first round. To believe that he has more value than a young stud defenseman is ludicrous.

Primary Assist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:45 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Assist View Post
Laughton was projected as a 3rd rounder in last year's draft, whom Holmgren reached for at the end of the first round. To believe that he has more value than a young stud defenseman is ludicrous.
Link?

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Quote:
I'm not saying he is valued more but Laughton was not projected 3td round. I believe he was 25-30 range.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:48 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
LOL@ 3rd rounder.
This takes the cake as the worst post on this thread with the exception of the Giroux proposal

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:55 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Right now, what does Phoenix need that doesn't break the bank (bottom 6 forward)?

Old
02-09-2013, 02:03 AM
Vip
IFHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
I'd suggest something around Brayden Schenn + if we hadn't just acquired Luke. Phoenix needs centers don't they?
I take this and run.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:04 AM
Vip
IFHY

Quote:
Right now, what does Phoenix need that doesn't break the bank (bottom 6 forward)?
Our whole team consists of bottom 6 forwards. Not kidding. Just look at our roster. I'd say the only non bottom 6 players are Vrbata, Boedker and Vermette.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:16 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
Our whole team consists of bottom 6 forwards. Not kidding. Just look at our roster. I'd say the only non bottom 6 players are Vrbata, Boedker and Vermette.
Doan is bottom 6? Also, hasn't Hanzal been pretty good for you guys?

Old
02-09-2013, 08:04 AM
ginner classic

Quote:
Without knowing his central scouting ranking, he was ranked in the meiidle first round by redline. Not sure where 3rd rounder comes from. You just winding people up for fun.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 08:56 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Read for Rundblad isn't the worst idea in the world. Read has 4 goals, plays defense, makes plays, knows where to go on the ice. Inexpensive. The Flyers could work on Rundblad's defense. Flyers need their prospects but can afford to shed a winger (although not right now-- injuries) once Simmonds and Hartnell come back. It's possible the Flyers may bring up Noebels if Read is moved. McGinn's emergence is a pleasant surprise and makes Read more expendable (although there are reasons not to move him and I would be fine hanging on to and even resigning him.. he's good). Read would improve the Coyotes right away at the cost of a guy seemingly having a little trouble for the Yotes.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Me too.
Me three.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
I agree, but why is our gf some good? Smoke and mirrors?

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
LOL@ 3rd rounder.
This takes the cake as the worst post on this thread with the exception of the Giroux proposal
For those don't know, Primary Assist is a troll account. Any thread involving the the Flyers, you can find her posting asinine stuff to drum up drama.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:16 AM
hbk

Rundblad is developing very nicely with Phoenix. I understand the notion that their may not be enough ice time for a lineup that consists of both Yandle and Rundblad. That being said, Rundblad is meeting expectations at this point and is already better defensively than some of us believed he would ever be. Phoenix will need to make a move at some point but they have the luxery of waiting for the right deal. Personally I view Rundblad as one of the most skilled players in the organization. Unreal puck skills. There is a reason Maloney refers to him as the next Zubov.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Primary Assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
For those don't know, Primary Assist is a troll account. Any thread involving the the Flyers, you can find her posting asinine stuff to drum up drama.
I was a Flyer fan when you were a zygote in your mother's ovary, you ignorant stepford fan. Just because I'm critical of a team that I loved since 1967 doesn't equate to a troll. For the past 38 years this team has been a product of bad management to a bad, antiquated philosophy on building a team. Somebody has to be critical; apparently the modern Flyer fan isn't capable of being so.

Primary Assist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:40 PM
DesertDawg

IMO, Read wouldn't have as much success on the Coyotes as he does on the Flyers. Would love Couturier (very unlikely). I think Voracek would excel on the 'Yotes (too bad it would likely take what I would consider an overpayment). Brayden Schenn? Hate to have to add a 2nd for him (even though that would be a closer true value and he would fit in better with the Coyotes, ATM, than Rundblad, I just think that 2nd has more value than in years past and the possibility for a good prospect to slip into the 2nd round).

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:02 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Rundblad is developing very nicely with Phoenix. I understand the notion that their may not be enough ice time for a lineup that consists of both Yandle and Rundblad. That being said, Rundblad is meeting expectations at this point and is already better defensively than some of us believed he would ever be. Phoenix will need to make a move at some point but they have the luxery of waiting for the right deal. Personally I view Rundblad as one of the most skilled players in the organization. Unreal puck skills. There is a reason Maloney refers to him as the next Zubov.
If his hands are unreal, with possibly a better defense than others on the team and possibly the next Zubov, then why isn't he playing normally?

Old
02-09-2013, 01:12 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
If his hands are unreal, with possibly a better defense than others on the team and possibly the next Zubov, then why isn't he playing normally?
He is stuck competing with Schlemko, Summers and Stone. All 3 of those guys are more steady in their own end, and Phoenix is having issues with defense this year. Summers and Stone are ready, and can afford to sit in the pressbox. Rundblad needs playing time, so he was sent back down. On any other team, with any other coach, he is an everyday player. Do not mistake the incredibly high standards Tippett has for a player not being good enough.

One of Yandle or Rundblad will not be with this organization past the draft, I bet.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:18 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
He is stuck competing with Schlemko, Summers and Stone. All 3 of those guys are more steady in their own end, and Phoenix is having issues with defense this year. Summers and Stone are ready, and can afford to sit in the pressbox. Rundblad needs playing time, so he was sent back down. On any other team, with any other coach, he is an everyday player. Do not mistake the incredibly high standards Tippett has for a player not being good enough.

One of Yandle or Rundblad will not be with this organization past the draft, I bet.
Honestly, if Gormley might be set to play for next season, I can easily see Rundblad being the guy out. I think you guys should keep Yandle till OEL and Gormley truly take over, then he might become trade bait. What I'm getting at is, he would be an everyday player for us. So other coaches don't have higher standards? Tippett just has a different play style than others, as in he is way more defensive oriented than offensive, while others balance it or focus more on offense (Lavy is more of a balance, if not, then just a slight bias on offense). Because of that I think Rundblad would thrive with the Flyers, especially considering we need another PMD other than Timonen.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:38 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
So other coaches don't have higher standards? Tippett just has a different play style than others, as in he is way more defensive oriented than offensive, while others balance it or focus more on offense (Lavy is more of a balance, if not, then just a slight bias on offense).
I don't really agree with it, but Tippett is old school. Rookies have to earn their keep, no matter where they were drafted. Didn't really fly with Mueller and Turris, but Boedker and Hanzal have thrived under him. It is what it is. I believe that Maloney traded for Rundblad knowing this, and has every intention of trading him.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:39 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Honestly, if Gormley might be set to play for next season, I can easily see Rundblad being the guy out. I think you guys should keep Yandle till OEL and Gormley truly take over, then he might become trade bait. What I'm getting at is, he would be an everyday player for us. So other coaches don't have higher standards? Tippett just has a different play style than others, as in he is way more defensive oriented than offensive, while others balance it or focus more on offense (Lavy is more of a balance, if not, then just a slight bias on offense). Because of that I think Rundblad would thrive with the Flyers, especially considering we need another PMD other than Timonen.
I think most of us Coyote fans think that Schlemko, with his low salary, could offset the departure of Yandle (if he could stay healthy) and Yandle will net a better trade scenario than Schlemko could. Now, if a team would step up and offer true value for Schlemko, I would rather keep Yandle and the prospects. Just saying that at this moment it's Schlemko's performance that could make Yandle tradeable and not any of the prospects, at least until he got hurt.

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:40 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I don't really agree with it, but Tippett is old school. Rookies have to earn their keep, no matter where they were drafted. Didn't really fly with Mueller and Turris, but Boedker and Hanzal have thrived under him. It is what it is. I believe that Maloney traded for Rundblad knowing this, and has every intention of trading him.
I think Maloney got Rundblad because it was more to get rid of Turris than to directly go after Rundblad. Rundblad just happened to be the piece he got that was fair for Turris. If a player, even if drafted so high, isn't earning his keep under Tippett, then why should he stay in Phoenix and be buried in the minors?