HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Potential Washington Sell-Off

Old
02-09-2013, 10:57 AM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
This.

They will never get "fair value" back.
Whoever gets the best player in the deal wins. So Wash CANT win this trade.
Basically he is a CAP forever, best to rebuild around him, he is still young. This is not Calgary

Funny, I heard the same things from Columbus about Rick Nash.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:00 AM
BernieParent

I'm surprised there isn't more interest in Beagle. The Flyers could use someone who dominates the faceoff circle. What would be his asking value, in your opinion?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:10 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

It'd be a lot, Beagle is on a good pretty long contract and gets toughest assignments.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:18 AM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I'm surprised there isn't more interest in Beagle. The Flyers could use someone who dominates the faceoff circle. What would be his asking value, in your opinion?
Beagle dominated Boston in the playoffs last year at both the dot as well as in his actual play, neutralizing the top lines. Would love to get him in a Bruins sweater, if not for the sake of removing his abilities from another team.

Last edited by DJENTLEMAN: 02-09-2013 at 05:05 PM.
DJENTLEMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:34 AM
alpine4life

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Alzner are the one I see the WAS would not trade... some would require an over-payment but all in play. What would it take to bring Carlson to Ottawa? (1st, 2nd + prospect?)

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:42 AM
MardocAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
Don't even bother. Ovechkin, Backstrom, Forsberg, Alzner, Wilson and Kuznetsov are not going anywhere. That's just silly.

The young guys that might be in play are Johansson, Galiev, Neuvirth and Perreault.

Orlov, Barber and Carlson are pretty remote possibilities if the offer is good enough.
Are Caps fans still waiting for Kuznetsov to ride in and save the franchise? I think if he was gonna come to the NHL he would have done it already.

MardocAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:42 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
NO!

Following Caps would not be considered for trade
Ovechkin
Backstrom
Brouwer
Laich
Green
Alzner
Carlson
Holtby
Prospects (Kuznetsov/Forsberg/Wilson etc.)
Draft Picks

Everything else is on the table
As a Caps fan, I guess i should sell off my future tickets. The core is the problem.

We've had plenty of different looks around them.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:47 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick
Keep Kessel

If the Caps want to rebuild on the fly I think they should sell off Mike Green.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:55 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
He would be my 1st guess, if someone would have to leave WAS

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:04 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardocAgain View Post
Are Caps fans still waiting for Kuznetsov to ride in and save the franchise? I think if he was gonna come to the NHL he would have done it already.

- Kuznetsov's KHL contract ends in the spring of 2014
- Kuznetsov has said he will come over after the 2014 Olympics
- Kuznetsov DOB is May 1992, you do the math as to how old he will be when he comes to the NHL

Caps fans are anxiously awaiting his arrival and when he arrives he'll be a nice compliment to the others on the team.

Thanks for asking.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
Don't even bother. Ovechkin, Backstrom, Forsberg, Alzner, Wilson and Kuznetsov are not going anywhere. That's just silly.

The young guys that might be in play are Johansson, Galiev, Neuvirth and Perreault.

Orlov, Barber and Carlson are pretty remote possibilities if the offer is good enough.
Well don't be too optimistic about him, he wouldn't be the first with a great freshman year and a big second year slump (Tampa had two freshman at the same pace last year in Peca and Mullin) and Mullin has 11 points in 26 games and Peca has 17p in 24g this year.

So give him 2 years until you value him high on the trading block

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:19 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
It'd be a lot, Beagle is on a good pretty long contract and gets toughest assignments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan
Beagle dominated Boston in the playoffs lasted year at both the dot as well as in his actual play, neutralizing the top lines. Would love to get him in a Bruins sweater, if not for the sake of removing his abilities from another team.
Thanks for your responses. I agree about Beagle's huge value, especially in the playoffs. And like you said, fedfed, he's on a nice contract so there's little urgency to move him, except if somebody is overpaying.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:36 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
NO!

Following Caps would not be considered for trade
Ovechkin
Backstrom
Brouwer
Laich
Green
Alzner
Carlson
Holtby
Prospects (Kuznetsov/Forsberg/Wilson etc.)
Draft Picks

Everything else is on the table
Kinda have to shake it up somewhere. Backstrom, Alzner, Carlson, prospects and high picks, I get, and youŽll never get a return worth it for Ovechkin, but guys like Laich or Green should absolutely be on the table. What is this? Give us young promising core pices for Ward and Chimera?

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
Funny, I heard the same things from Columbus about Rick Nash.
You heard this before or after Nash requested a trade? That little detail greatly changes someones longevity with a team.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
Ovechkin, Backstrom, Alzner are the one I see the WAS would not trade... some would require an over-payment but all in play. What would it take to bring Carlson to Ottawa? (1st, 2nd + prospect?)
He's playing poorly at the minute, but there's still no reason for a team looking to do a mini rebuild to trade a young defenseman like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Green's been far and away our best defenseman this season, offensively and defensively. We're significantly worse without him.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:13 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Well don't be too optimistic about him, he wouldn't be the first with a great freshman year and a big second year slump (Tampa had two freshman at the same pace last year in Peca and Mullin) and Mullin has 11 points in 26 games and Peca has 17p in 24g this year.

So give him 2 years until you value him high on the trading block
I don't necessarily think he's part of the Caps core or untradeable, but just because those 2 other players regressed after strong freshmen years doesn't mean Barber will.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:14 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Kinda have to shake it up somewhere. Backstrom, Alzner, Carlson, prospects and high picks, I get, and youŽll never get a return worth it for Ovechkin, but guys like Laich or Green should absolutely be on the table. What is this? Give us young promising core pices for Ward and Chimera?
Green's not going anywhere. Will be going to see the Caps tonight for the third time this season. You get a better understanding of the value or not of hockey players when you see them in person on the ice and how they perform when the puck is not on their stick or how their game vision is. Pairing Alzner with Green has resulted in Green returning to his form from a few years ago.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:16 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Green's not going anywhere. Will be going to see the Caps tonight for the third time this season. You get a better understanding of the value or not of hockey players when you see them in person on the ice and how they perform when the puck is not on their stick or how their game vision is. Pairing Alzner with Green has resulted in Green returning to his form from a few years ago.
I was more thinking along the lines of which areas you have great young talent in than saying he sucks.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:17 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Teams that are looking to pick the bones of the Caps are more interested or should be in the now and not the tomorrows for their teams. A package that includes the likes of a Ribeiro and Ward or Chimera is not too shabby in helping a team now in the playoffs.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:21 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Teams that are looking to pick the bones of the Caps are more interested or should be in the now and not the tomorrows for their teams. A package that includes the likes of a Ribeiro and Ward or Chimera is not too shabby in helping a team now in the playoffs.
Sure probably getting some 2nds, maybe even a 1st for Ribeiro, but as you said from contenders, so nothing for the next one or two years probably.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:26 PM
WNY to NoVA

Quote:
the guy is bad. can't play defense, no matter who he's paired with and thats not worth .5ppg

WNY to NoVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:42 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY to NoVA View Post
the guy is bad. can't play defense, no matter who he's paired with and thats not worth .5ppg
Green's +/- is currently 0, Erskine is a plus 1. All the other Caps defensemen are a minus. Doubt you've actually been to any of the games at the Verizon Center to see Green's play this season.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
I don't necessarily think he's part of the Caps core or untradeable, but just because those 2 other players regressed after strong freshmen years doesn't mean Barber will.
That's right, but who knows, will take 3-4 years at minimum to know what you really got in him, so it's absolutly to early to hype him anywhere

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:08 PM
WNY to NoVA

Quote:
Green's +/- is currently 0, Erskine is a plus 1. All the other Caps defensemen are a minus. Doubt you've actually been to any of the games at the Verizon Center to see Green's play this season.
you're dead on, i refuse to go to that hot bed of idiocy, seen him play plenty over the years.

washington would be wise to move on from him, just doubt they'll get many buyers

WNY to NoVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Bieber fever

I want hendricks

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote