HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2012-13 Ongoing Waivers Thread (Chris Bourque)

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 500
I like Tyrell's energy. Would like to claim him and send Schwartz to Peoria for more seasoning.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:55 PM
lucscaps

petricki can't be claimed tell tomorrow so he is good to play tonight

Old
02-09-2013, 12:56 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Tyrell should be claimed. Why its not Labrie on waivers I don't know.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

I'm really hoping the flames pick up tyrell. Good Alberta boy, drafted by jay feaster when he was in Tampa, I think he would fit Calgary well. Also Calgary is desperate for depth with all the injuries they have ATM

Old
02-09-2013, 01:09 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

I really don't see Tyrell clearing. Have no flippin idea what they were thinking with this one

Old
02-09-2013, 01:48 PM
bassassin

I don't like Tyrell being waived

Old
02-09-2013, 01:55 PM
caley

I'm not surprised by Petrecki being on waivers, by most accounts, he has not really developed much since being drafted. He might get picked up based on being physical and his draft pedigree, but who knows?

I'm not too surprised by Tyrell being on waivers, though I expect he'll be claimed, especially after reading some of coach Boucher's comments about him (taken from Tampa's board)

Quote:
"Coming into camp, he had to fight for his spot," Lightning coach Guy Boucher said. "There is a lot of competition right now in the organization, and not only did he have an amazing camp, every time I put him on the ice now in games he's been terrific."
Quote:
"Labrie would have been great" against the Rangers, Boucher said, "big body, big team. But a guy like (RW Dana) Tyrell has been unbelievable. I hate to make other people pay just so the other one gets a share of the pie. I try to look for some excuse before I do that, but I don't have any."
Quote:
A horse off the ice," Boucher said. "He's one of the strongest pound-for-pound players we've got and one of the most dedicated individuals."
I'm wondering if Tampa is bringing in another player and they needed Tyrell's roster spot, because it seems like they could have easily snuck someone like Mikkelson or Labrie down to the AHL if it was just a simple reshuffling.

02-09-2013, 02:16 PM
bassassin

Calgary claims him, he's a Feaster pick after all.

Calling it now. And I don't like it one bit, there better be a damn good trade to make up for this.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Lightning fans, can we get a scouting report on Tyrell? He's one of the few NHL'ers that I really don't know much about. I think he is somewhat of a defensive forward and PKs and is suited for the bottom-six with little offensive game, but that's about all I know. Also, he's listed as a center. Is that where he's primarily been used or has he played wing, or both?

I am pretty confident he'll be claimed but we always say that and they end up clearing. I just don't see why a team wouldn't take a chance on him though. For one, Buffalo's bottom-six could get a whole lot better and I might be interested in this kid if he's a defensive forward that can help a team's bottom-six and plays hard every shift. We can't keep dressing Scott and McCormick. Our fourth line is one of the worst in the League even with Kaleta possibly coming back soon. Scott, McCormick, Ellis, and Kaleta have been playing there and arguably three of the four shouldn't be in every night.

Petrecki should clear.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Sear91

vCash: 435
Don't get this at all... it should be Labrie on waivers, not Tyrell.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:50 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Lightning fans, can we get a scouting report on Tyrell? He's one of the few NHL'ers that I really don't know much about. I think he is somewhat of a defensive forward and PKs and is suited for the bottom-six with little offensive game, but that's about all I know. Also, he's listed as a center. Is that where he's primarily been used or has he played wing, or both?

I am pretty confident he'll be claimed but we always say that and they end up clearing. I just don't see why a team wouldn't take a chance on him though. For one, Buffalo's bottom-six could get a whole lot better and I might be interested in this kid if he's a defensive forward that can help a team's bottom-six and plays hard every shift. We can't keep dressing Scott and McCormick. Our fourth line is one of the worst in the League even with Kaleta possibly coming back soon. Scott, McCormick, Ellis, and Kaleta have been playing there and arguably three of the four shouldn't be in every night.

Petrecki should clear.
Played for the Lightning as a winger.

RAPID. One of the fastest players you will ever see, first step, general acceleration and top speed are ridiculous. Lacks balance. Gritty, forechecks well, plays bigger than he is and he's good on the PK. Never stops working.

Hands made of stone at the NHL level, but was a decent scorer in juniors/the ahl, so there is hopes that still develops (he has missed substantial time to knee injuries, those are now behind him)Upside is probably gritty 3rd line winger.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:06 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Played for the Lightning as a winger.

RAPID. One of the fastest players you will ever see, first step, general acceleration and top speed are ridiculous. Lacks balance. Gritty, forechecks well, plays bigger than he is and he's good on the PK. Never stops working.

Hands made of stone at the NHL level, but was a decent scorer in juniors/the ahl, so there is hopes that still develops (he has missed substantial time to knee injuries, those are now behind him)Upside is probably gritty 3rd line winger.
Fast/Hands of stone, this sounds like Jason Chimera

Old
02-09-2013, 03:08 PM
The YzerJesus
#Bishlevski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post

Petrecki should clear.
You are basically right. Bottom 6, PK guy.
Highlights:
Fast. Very fast.
Stone hands
Not a finisher by any means. Goal wise anyway.
Good checker
Intense play. Be good to have on an energy line or a checking line.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Hope the Nucks can claim Tyrell. Fan of his game

Old
02-09-2013, 03:56 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
I'm actually hoping that the Canes snag Petrecki and waive Sanguinetti. Petrecki is the kind of guy the Canes can take a roll of the dice on this year to hope he develops into a decent physical dman.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:01 PM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

Nick Petricki, should be claimed. He should be looked at in Philly.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:39 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

I like Dana Tyrell, he should get claimed.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:44 PM
ikeane

Hope Hawks claim Tyrell. Like the feisty physicalness he brings

Old
02-09-2013, 06:23 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

I will be shocked if Tyrell doesn't get claimed.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:30 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedmonster View Post
Tyrell should be claimed. Why its not Labrie on waivers I don't know.
I think perhaps Yzerman wants Tyrell to get claimed. Yzerman is probably looking to open up a contract slot so he can add a rental or two at the trade deadline. The Lightning look like a contender this season, and he's thinking ahead envisioning a playoff run.

Yzerman knows Labrie won't get claimed. Tyrell is on a one-way deal with another year left, which is more than likely negating any trade value he might otherwise have. Too much risk to give up a draft pick for player who may become a very expensive AHLer.

Thus, waivers may be the only way, and Yzerman is probably eyeing a team like EDM, which currently has multiple injuries down the middle. In fact, Yzerman and Tambellini may have worked this out in advance.

02-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
I think perhaps Yzerman wants Tyrell to get claimed. Yzerman is probably looking to open up a contract slot so he can add a rental or two at the trade deadline. The Lightning look like a contender this season, and he's thinking ahead envisioning a playoff run.

Yzerman knows Labrie won't get claimed. Tyrell is on a one-way deal with another year left, which is more than likely negating any trade value he might otherwise have.

Thus, waivers maybe the only way, and Yzerman is probably eyeing a team like EDM, which currently has multiple injuries down the middle. In fact, Yzerman and Tambellini may have worked this out in advance.
Then why not just make a trade for future considerations or something like that? Waivers seem to be pretty high risk when you're a player like Tyrell.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:37 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Then why not just make a trade for future considerations or something like that? Waivers seem to be pretty high risk when you're a player like Tyrell.
Future considerations are draft picks. Too much risk to give up a draft pick for a player who may only turn out to be a very expensive AHLer.

Or, perhaps Yzerman and Tambellini have talked about it, but couldn't come to an agreement, but Yzerman in a last ditch effort is hoping EDM will take him anyway.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:28 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post

Yzerman knows Labrie won't get claimed. Tyrell is on a one-way deal with another year left, which is more than likely negating any trade value he might otherwise have. Too much risk to give up a draft pick for player who may become a very expensive AHLer.

Thus, waivers may be the only way, and Yzerman is probably eyeing a team like EDM, which currently has multiple injuries down the middle. In fact, Yzerman and Tambellini may have worked this out in advance.
Tampa are only at 47 contracts right now though. Including Tyrell.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:44 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Tampa are only at 47 contracts right now though. Including Tyrell.
Yeah good point. I noticed that after as well when I saw the couple ELCs TBL has that are sliding. It could then be Yzerman wants to free up operating budget (for both this and next season) in order to accommodate future additions, particularly of the TDL variety.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:52 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

I hope Calgary claims Dana Tyrell and waives Blake Comeau when everyone is healthy.

They are both speedy bottom six players that can kill penalties. The difference being that Tyrell is much cheaper, and has some upside at the NHL level still. He was a Feaster draft selection afterall and we are currently going through some injury problems. He is also from nearby Airdrie which is always nice I suppose.

Closed Thread