HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clarkies free agent targets

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2006, 05:03 PM
  #26
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Did you see McKee in the playoffs?



Corvo sucks man
Once again, did you see our defense in the playoffs? What was the one thing that the defense lacked that really burned us in the end? It was a lack of puck moving defensemen. Have you seen McKee play? He's not a puck moving defenseman. And yet you want the Flyers to sign him? Why? He's not what we NEED. We NEED puck moving guys, not yet another defensive defenseman with no puck moving skills.

So what, McKee had a great playoff blocking shots and being a defensive conscious. The fact of the matter is that the Sabres were also carried through by the play of puck moving defenders like Tallinder, Lydman, Campbell and Kalinin. Who were our puck carriers in the playoffs? Desjardone, Pitkanen and Meyer. Oh but wait, I'm sure there'll be an excuse as to why we didn't make it past the first round because we didn't have KJ or KP.

Fact of the matter is that the system in Philadelphia needs a complete overhaul. It's tired, it's old, it's boring and it doesn't work anymore. The days of having brutes on the backend is yesteryear NHL. McKee is yesteryear NHL through and through.

If we do sign McKee, maybe Clarke will go out and convince Donald Audette that he should come out of retirement and play on the 2nd line because he'd be ideal with the system here. The more and more I think of it, the more and more this franchise pisses me off by signing players who can't cut it anymore, or they refuse to sign players because they've signed all these yesteryear has beens and never will bes.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 05:42 PM
  #27
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,490
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Once again, did you see our defense in the playoffs? What was the one thing that the defense lacked that really burned us in the end? It was a lack of puck moving defensemen. Have you seen McKee play? He's not a puck moving defenseman. And yet you want the Flyers to sign him? Why? He's not what we NEED. We NEED puck moving guys, not yet another defensive defenseman with no puck moving skills.

So what, McKee had a great playoff blocking shots and being a defensive conscious. The fact of the matter is that the Sabres were also carried through by the play of puck moving defenders like Tallinder, Lydman, Campbell and Kalinin. Who were our puck carriers in the playoffs? Desjardone, Pitkanen and Meyer. Oh but wait, I'm sure there'll be an excuse as to why we didn't make it past the first round because we didn't have KJ or KP.

Fact of the matter is that the system in Philadelphia needs a complete overhaul. It's tired, it's old, it's boring and it doesn't work anymore. The days of having brutes on the backend is yesteryear NHL. McKee is yesteryear NHL through and through.

If we do sign McKee, maybe Clarke will go out and convince Donald Audette that he should come out of retirement and play on the 2nd line because he'd be ideal with the system here. The more and more I think of it, the more and more this franchise pisses me off by signing players who can't cut it anymore, or they refuse to sign players because they've signed all these yesteryear has beens and never will bes.

I saw Hatcher play like a dog, Rathje suck, and Corvo look like he belongs in the AHL. McKee is a guy who wins. Delmore moves the puck, you want him too? If Clarke gets his way, Hatcher will be gone anyways.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 07:07 PM
  #28
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,515
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Wow Clarke has done an excellent job signing his target FAs...letting 2 of the 4 (probably the better two) to be signed by other teams...

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 07:18 PM
  #29
Art Vandelay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy
Wow Clarke has done an excellent job signing his target FAs...letting 2 of the 4 (probably the better two) to be signed by other teams...
Clarke's targets? It's a "journalists" speculation nothing more, Pannacio (sp?) doesnt know who Clarke is targeting.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2006, 07:51 PM
  #30
Steve L*
Registered User
 
Steve L*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southampton, England
Country: England
Posts: 11,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy
Wow Clarke has done an excellent job signing his target FAs...letting 2 of the 4 (probably the better two) to be signed by other teams...
What do you want him to do? Overpay more than the other GMs are doing?

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 12:16 AM
  #31
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
What do you want him to do? Overpay more than the other GMs are doing?
What can he do? We are stuck with Hatcher and Rathje for another 2 years (at least) no brainer.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 07-02-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:58 PM
  #32
FoppaArGud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PHILLY
Country: United States
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
O For Four!!!

Nice, Clarkie!

FoppaArGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:01 PM
  #33
FoppaArGud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PHILLY
Country: United States
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
Buy Out Rathje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
What can he do? We are stuck with Hatcher and Rathje for another 2 years (at least) no brainer.
I dont know what the situation is with Primeau but he is another candidate as much as I hate to say it. Johnsson's salary was not so big that it opened up much, in fact we probably should have given him the $3.5-4M/yr. The cap expansion is only sufficient to cover raises for Gagne and the netmidners. If this team was going to get any better, it would have required him biting the bullet on one of those oafs and since Rathje was the more oafish of the two, I say it's him. Hatcher was actually OK at times, he was just asked to play in too many situations and too many minutes down the stretch when his old knees probably needed rest.

FoppaArGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:51 PM
  #34
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaArGud View Post
I dont know what the situation is with Primeau but he is another candidate as much as I hate to say it. Johnsson's salary was not so big that it opened up much, in fact we probably should have given him the $3.5-4M/yr. The cap expansion is only sufficient to cover raises for Gagne and the netmidners. If this team was going to get any better, it would have required him biting the bullet on one of those oafs and since Rathje was the more oafish of the two, I say it's him. Hatcher was actually OK at times, he was just asked to play in too many situations and too many minutes down the stretch when his old knees probably needed rest.
Actually, Rathje was fine as well until he started having his hip problems and Pitkanen went down the tubes.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.