HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary- Carolina

Old
02-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Deen

vCash: 0
Calgary- Carolina

To Carolina: Blake Comeau + Chris Butler

To Calgary: Jiri Tlusty + 5th round pick

Carolina adds depth on the buleline and a durable winger that can play either side and has the potential to bounce back to the form he once had on the Island.

Calgary adds a little grit and higher end talent to play alongside Cervanka and Hudler to form an all Czech line and restocks their pick lost in acquiring Wideman.

Sound fair?

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:55 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Tlusty is what 24 and had 35 points last year? Seems like bad value for Carolina.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:59 PM
ALI

vCash: 50
I like it A lot DEAL!

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Deen

Butler is only 26 and a couple years removed from a 21 point season shortened by injury and Comeau is only 26 and a couple years removed from a 24 goal, 46 point season. I think the value is there.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

vCash: 500
Comeau is total trash, he is NOT a player you trade for.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Comeau is total trash, he is NOT a player you trade for.
Butler is the player with value to Carolina in the deal, he is criminally underrated. But ther eis no way the Flames do the proposed deal, they aren't going to trade a 4/5 defenseman for another winger unless they are adding some grit and skill.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:54 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
total pass on the Canes end. Tlusty's been the perfect glue guy for the Staal-Semin line. Last thing the Canes need is another bottom 6 winger and another #4/5 type dman. We already have one of those in McBain. Not saying Butler sucks, but they need a guy that's a definite #3/4 type and Butler is not that.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Deen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
total pass on the Canes end. Tlusty's been the perfect glue guy for the Staal-Semin line. Last thing the Canes need is another bottom 6 winger and another #4/5 type dman. We already have one of those in McBain. Not saying Butler sucks, but they need a guy that's a definite #3/4 type and Butler is not that.
I don't see Semin re-signing in Carolina, I think Comeau would be a cheap alternative that could possibly shine playing with Staal. To each their own I suppose.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:06 PM
jayhamm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
I don't see Semin re-signing in Carolina, I think Comeau would be a cheap alternative that could possibly shine playing with Staal. To each their own I suppose.
Any reason why you think that? They should be able to afford him and if the coaching/ownership likes him they will be willing to offer him contract length as well. One of his requests after leaving Washington was that he be used on the PK and the Canes have given him that. He has two Staal brothers that he could line up next to. The Hurricanes are not perennial contenders but they can be a perennial playoff/bubble team in the near future.

No doubt he could get big money on the open market but I'd have to think he'd have some loyalty to a team that took a gamble on him if they made him a fair offer.

jayhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Deen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhamm View Post
Any reason why you think that? They should be able to afford him and if the coaching/ownership likes him they will be willing to offer him contract length as well. One of his requests after leaving Washington was that he be used on the PK and the Canes have given him that. He has two Staal brothers that he could line up next to. The Hurricanes are not perennial contenders but they can be a perennial playoff/bubble team in the near future.

No doubt he could get big money on the open market but I'd have to think he'd have some loyalty to a team that took a gamble on him if they made him a fair offer.
Semin signed where the money was, don't fool yourself because he will likely do it again. Carolina offered the biggest contract and he bit. His heart is in Russia, I could see him either chasing dollar signs in the off season or heading back to the motherland. That wasn't a knock on playing in Carolina or the management and staff.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:26 PM
jayhamm

Quote:
Semin signed where the money was, don't fool yourself because he will likely do it again. Carolina offered the biggest contract and he bit. His heart is in Russia, I could see him either chasing dollar signs in the off season or heading back to the motherland. That wasn't a knock on playing in Carolina or the management and staff.
Is that why he signed in Sokol Krasnoyarsk and played 4 games for free link before moving to Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod during the lockout? Clearly a huge money grab to play in his hometown in front of family, friends, and fans as a tune up before entering the KHL. Let's not forget that he got to play in front of his 90 year old grandmother as well.

Last edited by jayhamm: 02-09-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: formatting
Old
02-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Remember2004

Quote:
To Carolina: Blake Comeau + Chris Butler

To Calgary: Jiri Tlusty + 5th round pick

Carolina adds depth on the buleline and a durable winger that can play either side and has the potential to bounce back to the form he once had on the Island.

Calgary adds a little grit and higher end talent to play alongside Cervanka and Hudler to form an all Czech line and restocks their pick lost in acquiring Wideman.

Sound fair?
From a Flames point of view we take this and run... Only reason

being that we get to get rid of Comeau! and Turnover

Butler. Killing 2 birds with one stone!! Honestly I

would take a 5th for both of those clowns.

Remember2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:12 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
From a Flames point of view we take this and run... Only reason

being that we get to get rid of Comeau! and Turnover

Butler. Killing 2 birds with one stone!! Honestly I

would take a 5th for both of those clowns.
Seriously Butler has been great since he was taken off the top line turns out he isn't a #2 defenseman.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Seriously Butler has been great since he was taken off the top line turns out he isn't a #2 defenseman.
Well I say from the Colorado game he has improved but i'm still not high up on him like other flames fans.

Remember2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:19 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Well I say from the Colorado game he has improved but i'm still not high up on him like other flames fans.
He is already better than Sarich why aren't you trying to give him away?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:02 PM
TrickRider

If I were Feaster, I'd see about including a different defenseman and forgoing the draft pick, but that's just going by the team's needs. I think the value's there.

TrickRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Metro Misfits
Misfits of the Metro

Quote:
Semin wanted big money for a short contact if he didn't get a long term deal.

I bet he resigns with the Canes for 5y.

Metro Misfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

JR said in Toronto that Semin had given him far more than expected, and he seems to be getting along great with the team.

I'm not much for speculation, but I think Carolina is the best fit for him and he'll resign for a fair price. Plus he gets six games a year to stick it to Ovi.

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
No he hasn't. He's regularly the worst defensemen on the ice when he's not watching from the pressbox. I can't comment on the times he didn't play, but unless he's really good at sitting down and watching the Flames, great is about the last adjective I would use to describe anything Butler has done this season.

Come on now, are we really going to call a player fighting with Sarich for play time as "great?" We're not Feaster, we don't need to hype up bad players to other posters in hopes of making a fake trade. Let's take off the rose coloured glasses and call a spade a spade.

Now he is 26 and not done developing. He's shown nice puck moving abilities and has decent speed, if he learns to play better positionally and follow the play he may turn into a top 4 defenseman but at this time he's at best a bottom pairing defenseman for a team with no defensive depth. Ideally he doesn't touch the ice on a decent team.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:54 AM
AD Skinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Plus he gets six games a year to stick it to Ovi.
The two teams have yet to meet this season, so we don't know how important this is to him, but I've got to think that this cannot be stated enough. If I were Semin, I would want to put the hurt on the Caps, big time.

AD Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:50 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post
No he hasn't. He's regularly the worst defensemen on the ice when he's not watching from the pressbox. I can't comment on the times he didn't play, but unless he's really good at sitting down and watching the Flames, great is about the last adjective I would use to describe anything Butler has done this season.

Come on now, are we really going to call a player fighting with Sarich for play time as "great?" We're not Feaster, we don't need to hype up bad players to other posters in hopes of making a fake trade. Let's take off the rose coloured glasses and call a spade a spade.

Now he is 26 and not done developing. He's shown nice puck moving abilities and has decent speed, if he learns to play better positionally and follow the play he may turn into a top 4 defenseman but at this time he's at best a bottom pairing defenseman for a team with no defensive depth. Ideally he doesn't touch the ice on a decent team.
3rd lines can play great doesn't make them more then 3rd liners. Butler is much better than Smith or Sarich, he has been very well positioned and with the limited ice time it has cut down on him trying to force plays. I think you really don't know what your talking about.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:50 PM
GIN ANTONIC

Canes will re-sign Semin at all costs to ensure he doesn't play against them and Cam Ward. He absolutely would absolutely run a train on us game against. He's happy it seems and is being productive. I see him resigning for a fair price.

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Roboturner913

I think if Carolina wants to trade for one of Cgy's d-men they would be most interested in Giordano. He is the kind of guy they need, got enough offensive-minded d-men already.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:45 AM
jayhamm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
I think if Carolina wants to trade for one of Cgy's d-men they would be most interested in Giordano. He is the kind of guy they need, got enough offensive-minded d-men already.
He's probably going to expensive and cost Rask+ or Murphy+ : /

Old
02-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Hockyluv21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhamm View Post
He's probably going to expensive and cost Rask+ or Murphy+ : /
I was actually just thinking of a one-for-one, JJ/Gleason type of deadline deal for Giordano.

To Flames:

D Ryan Murphy (Prospect)

To Canes:

D Mark Giordano (3 years/$4.02M per remaining)

Essentially, future help for help now. Works perfectly for both teams, Flames need to clear cap space and add near-NHL ready prospects, and Canes need immediate D help for the next three years.

Hockyluv21 is offline   Reply With Quote