HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 2-1 ... again

Old
02-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Chooch

vCash: 500
I think this is the worst team i've ever watched play 5 on 5 hockey. And now we're starting to see how much our powerplay really sucks when it's not at Rexall. All of this, and Kreuger stands behind the bench with this fake look on his face which literally drives me insane and Tambellini stands idle trying to assist Ken Holland on his remote control's technical problem.

Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:48 PM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

can't win a draw
don't wanna shoot on the PP
Tambo can't/won't address needs
get Whitney off this team
same in Potter

5 losses in a row...in a 48 game= another lost year

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MilanKraft

Lost to a better team. Nothing to be ashamed off.

Now tomorrow....

MilanKraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Still furious at whitney for taking ****** shots in the final minute.

Johnny Bravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post
last year we finished 8 games under .500.

right now we're .500.

if we finished this year .500 i'd call that an improvement.

it's only the purely delusional who think this team is a lock for the playoffs.
I kinda enjoyed watching some games last year. We could score sometimes.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HallOfGreatness4

vCash: 800
This team sucks and I'm fed up. At best they are a mediocre squad. Tired of it. Three #1 overall in a row and they're all overrated. I'm tired of it.

HallOfGreatness4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeDrag83 View Post
Seriously?
Yes, seriously.

Maybe I should have said defensively though.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 875
Could only listen due to studying Acc, but it sounded like we got absolutely dominated especially in the faceoff circle.

Anything seem out of place? any bright spots?

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:49 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
Someone needs to sit Hall down and tell him he's no Datsyuk or Malkin. He doesn't have the hockey IQ to do those dangle plays. His play should be to chip off the boards and outrace the player for the puck, or drive with it to the outside.
I thought he did an okay job at this today. He kept his stupid mistakes to a minimum, especially late. Makes him one of our best forwards when he does that.

Those Datsyuk/Malkin moves are completely fine for me when it's Eberle/RNH doing them. They have the hockey sense, awareness, and skill to make these moves when they actually become a high% play.

Eberle's through-the-legs with Datsyuk in pursuit and the defenseman screening the normal shot is one of those examples.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

RNH is great defensively but man does he ever need a goal right now. He is fighting it pretty hard in the offensive end.

Eberle was the only forward making plays tonight.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHAWKING View Post
I think this is the worst team i've ever watched play 5 on 5 hockey. And now we're starting to see how much our powerplay really sucks when it's not at Rexall.
Tail end of 2006-2007. We got shutout a tonne after the Smyth trade.

But yeah, this is close.

Old
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallOfGreatness4 View Post
This team sucks and I'm fed up. At best they are a mediocre squad. Tired of it. Three #1 overall in a row and they're all overrated. I'm tired of it.
Then go take a break away from hockey or something.

You saying they all suck and are overrated every 5 posts isn't exactly helping.

We all HATE losing, it's been far too man years, but the world is not ending.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Could only listen due to studying Acc, but it sounded like we got absolutely dominated especially in the faceoff circle.

Anything seem out of place? any bright spots?
We scored a PP goal.

They scored two.

That was really the difference, despite our sucking at faceoffs.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
They should just use Paajarvi in Whitney's spot.

He's got a good hard slapshot and actually shows decent offensive touch on the PP.

He's probably more defensively responsible when it comes to shorthanded chances too.
Oh please. He has no offensive touch at all. None. How can you call it decent?

What they should do is ask their GM to provide a roster that doesn't contain five guys who shouldn't be in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
There is not one game this season NOT ONE where i came away thinking that they clearly outplayed the other team.
Yup.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post
last year we finished 8 games under .500.

right now we're .500.

if we finished this year .500 i'd call that an improvement.

it's only the purely delusional who think this team is a lock for the playoffs.
Who thinks this team is a lock? I'm pretty sure people want to see a competent or competitive team.

Puritania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I kinda enjoyed watching some games last year. We could score sometimes.
Yeah, they actually seem worse this year especially 5 on 5. It has become a grind just to watch them lately. It's baffling with all the skill on the roster how they could be so inept.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RisingSun

vCash: 50
So much for the acclaimed "kid line".

I thought offense was supposed to be our specialty?

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Outside of Justin Schultz's play and Khabibulin's effort there are no positives to report. The Red Wings executed a near-perfect gameplan against the Oilers on their PK but lets be honest, shutting the Oilers' *cough* offense down isn't exactly rocket science.
Yeah RNH's and Hall's defensive plays in the 3rd were crap There's a reason why we lost 2-1 and not 5-1, I only caught the 3rd but besides some questionable coaching decisions in particular on that 5 on 3, I thought that our guys gave it all that they had and that's all that you can ask for. We had a number of chances to tie it but couldn't quite do it, it doesn't mean that we suck, it means that right now things aren't going our way, that's what happens in sports. As long as they are playing hard I'm fine with the results, that said anyone saying that Gagner had a good game in the defensive zone tonight they need glasses. I only caught the 3rd and he had at least 2-3 poor plays in that period alone.

This team WILL turn it around, mark my words as long as the core is healthy they will start to win games, IMO it starts tomorrow in Columbus. Seeing Hall and RNH chase down Zetterberg tells me that they detest losing and sooner or later they are going to contribute in a big way to us winning games. Paajarvi had a pretty strong 3rd as well, Petry and Gagner had rough 3rd's IMO. We lost to a veteran team by a single goal basically because our execution wasn't as good as it needed to be and we didn't get a bounce our way. My prediction is that tomorrow Columbus is going to get their ***** handed to them in a big way.

02-09-2013, 04:51 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallOfGreatness4 View Post
Mediocore = average = 15th place in the league. More often than not that gets you in the playoffs.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stoneman89

When did Jeff Petry turn into a such *****? Got royally abused by the much smaller Zetterberg all game, and then stood with around with Smid on the Wings PP while Franzen blocked Khabby completey on the winner. He started off banging bodies in Vancouver and was very effective, and now shies away from all contact and loses way too many one on one battles.

Just one of many issues plaguing this team right now.

Quite possibly the worst 2 two man advantages I have ever seen. Not one shot on net. Pathetic.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HallOfGreatness4

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
Someone needs to sit Hall down and tell him he's no Datsyuk or Malkin. He doesn't have the hockey IQ to do those dangle plays. His play should be to chip off the boards and outrace the player for the puck, or drive with it to the outside.
I think he spends too much time tweeting and is overrated at this point to be honest. He is nothing more than an average goal scorer and for us to be a good team he needs to start taking over games. He should be embarassed

HallOfGreatness4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:52 PM
hossy316

Send a message via MSN to hossy316
The team needs a guy ala Brandon Prust/Ryane Clowe.

5-3 and Nuge and Ebs play catch behind the net for 15 seconds and then set NOTHING up. What play book is this out of?? 2 guys below the goal line on a 5-3. Does that not defeat the purpose of having a 2 man advantage??

hossy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Yeah RNH's and Hall's defensive plays in the 3rd were crap There's a reason why we lost 2-1 and not 5-1, I only caught the 3rd but besides some questionable coaching decisions in particular on that 5 on 3, I thought that our guys gave it all that they had and that's all that you can ask for. We had a number of chances to tie it but couldn't quite do it, it doesn't mean that we suck, it means that right now things aren't going our way, that's what happens in sports. As long as they are playing hard I'm fine with the results, that said anyone saying that Gagner had a good game in the defensive zone tonight they need glasses. I only caught the 3rd and he had at least 2-3 poor plays in that period alone.

This team WILL turn it around, mark my words as long as the core is healthy they will start to win games, IMO it starts tomorrow in Columbus. Seeing Hall and RNH chase down Zetterberg tells me that they detest losing and sooner or later they are going to contribute in a big way to us winning games. Paajarvi had a pretty strong 3rd as well, Petry and Gagner had rough 3rd's IMO. We lost to a veteran team by a single goal basically because our execution wasn't as good as it needed to be and we didn't get a bounce our way. My prediction is that tomorrow Columbus is going to get their ***** handed to them in a big way.
Watch out Columbus! Our two goal offense is coming to getcha.

Honestly even if they beat Columbus, big whoop. They should beat Columbus.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:

I was the one extolling the virtues of RNH's strong defensive play earlier in the season but enough is enough. He's in the damn line-up to produce offense. Same with Hall.

Old
SDig14

Quote:

Take you common sense and logic elsewhere, we aren't having it!

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote