HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens vs Jets|Feb 9th 2PM|CBC, RDS, Team 1200

Old
02-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
This could end up worse than 2010-11 because of how long Spezza is out for if they don't make a move to try and stop the bleeding.
The Sens have mostly only faced bottom feeders so imagine playing like this when it's the top teams.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Matte99

EK was fairly flat and so was the team. Guess the team doesnt like these afternoon games at all, its to early for them...

Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Mark Effin Stone
Jävla grisapa!

vCash: 50
Thought Bishop, DaCosta and Wiercoch were the only ones who played decent today, rest looked like they didnt want to hustle to get the anything going.

And Greening and Michalek can't get much done without Spezza, maybe it's time to call some young forward up from bingo or something to get some competition going.. wouldn't hurt..

Mark Effin Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:58 PM
kellmuff96

What a ****ing disgrace but this is what life without Spezza was always going to be. Forces our centers up a spot in the depth chart where they're not comfortable.

kellmuff96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:00 PM
kellmuff96

Also, I really fear Murray doing something stupid to try and fix this. We know how bad he's been in the trade market before when there is pressure to win.

And dont bother bringing up the trades from 2 years ago. Easy to trade when there is no pressure on you.

kellmuff96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hands View Post
I dunno. There's no bleeding, provided the team executes. This was just ugly though, everyone had an off game, and the only time the Sens ever established anything was in the last few minutes of a period.
Maybe we haven't been watching the same team. The only legit game we've deserved to win since Spezza has been injured is the game in Montreal where we won 5 - 1...and that was largely just a special teams clinic.

Washington, Carolina, Montreal, Buffalo, Carolina and now tonight. We've looked terrible in all of those games as a whole (even with Karlsson playing out of his mind) and those are all middle to low end teams at best.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
The Sens have mostly only faced bottom feeders so imagine playing like this when it's the top teams.
Yeah I was in the middle of posting about that. We've looked good in 1 of 7 games since Spezza has been out, and it was a game that was spent mostly on the PK or PP. Nothing really indicative of our play. As the sample grows we're really going to see how bad this team is without Spezza.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:04 PM
HavlatMach9

The loss might be worth it to know AHL Bishop is back so we don't have to burn out Anderson.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:04 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
Also, I really fear Murray doing something stupid to try and fix this. We know how bad he's been in the trade market before when there is pressure to win.

And dont bother bringing up the trades from 2 years ago. Easy to trade when there is no pressure on you.
It would be terrible if he did another Turris or Methot trade.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:06 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
What a ****ing disgrace but this is what life without Spezza was always going to be. Forces our centers up a spot in the depth chart where they're not comfortable.
For a guy who started on the bottom six, then made the jump into the third on a top line with Alfredsson, I gotta say he looked pretty damn good. Made some nice passes and slick moves. Seemed comfortable considering he had a change up in line mates and minutes played in a span of no time. Pretty good third period from him. Next game he has to start in your top six. Points should come soon.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
yoplait

I hate everything that Greening decides to be as a player. He has amazing size and speed and uses neither consistently. Honestly, for someone who has beat Karlsson repeatedly in races, I never see him win races during games. Add to that his horrible decision making and lack of offensive creativity and we have ourselves a pretty much useless player on most nights.

all this to say, he would be the player i bench when Latendresse comes back. (if he does, and assuming its in the near future)

Last edited by yoplait: 02-09-2013 at 04:11 PM.
yoplait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Curtinho
YNWA

Well a move for Weiss (like we've been linked to) or if something comes from Anaheim (as Senschirp has said we were in talks with) I can't imagine it being a terrible trade for us.

Honestly we have good pieces, and we could make the playoffs this year but we need help up front. I don't think people have really realized just how much Spezza carries this offence (even after 10-11) but if it's not evident now you need to get your eyes checked. This offence needs help...and now.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:07 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

That game was hot, burning garbage. I paid money for this?!?

Aside from Bishop, everyone should walk home.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:08 PM
jasonjim

[QUOTE=TheSilfverBullet;59368159]Oh, you mean the miracle run where everything basically went our way and no one was injured for a significant amount of time? Really? You expect to see the same thing re-created when our #1 C, our best offensive player, is out for basically the rest of the season? You're blaming the coaching staff?

McLean knows what he's doing, and his system has worked wonders with this team. Our players, almost on a whole, were just bad today. "This year"? This is typical. We lose a game (very poorly, but I digress) and the fan base burns down their house. We're a winning team right now without a #1 C when we're in a re-building year.

So our players, almost on a whole, were just bad today you say. They weren't too hot against Carolina either. That is my point, all of the players are not putting out 100%, and that is something the coach has to address. Last year the team worked very hard to succeed, this year not so much. Of course they miss Spezza, 4th leading points scorer last year----even more reason for them to work harder than normal, which they aren't.

jasonjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:09 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I don't think people have really realized just how much Spezza carries this offence (even after 10-11)
Who doesn't know this already? Very few think the above. Spezza already has nothing to work with, without him there's nothing up there.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
ElRossoMatt

Bishop was outstanding tonight. For what it's worth at least his value is higher after tonight. When is the trade deadline this year?

ElRossoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:18 PM
KarlssonMarx
Be Red

Well that was the ugliest, sloppiest, and most painful game that I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through.

On a more positive note:
- DaCosta played a really solid game
- Bishop looked a helluva lot better. Actually playing like a goalie that we can trust
- Alfie is finally starting to find his legs after sitting around all lockout
- Lundin is handsome

KarlssonMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:20 PM
NewHabsEra*

Did Silfverberg play? Didnt notice him on the ice..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:20 PM
senswon

Never get too high, never get too low
Breathe everybody

senswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Rumcajs

For those who went to this game now you know how I felt at the Carolina game last week

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
On a game like today, that's probably a good thing.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:23 PM
jasonjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Wrong, stop coming out after a crappy game, the players in general that had an off game have showed up in other games.

If you successfully give me an example of a coach who made it all the way to coaching an NHL team that just flat out changed styles because of "some other guy" and had it turn out to be successful, let me know. MacLean is a demanding coach. It doesn't mean he has to scream and yell to be effective though.
Believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to believe. It's the only way we will get along I think.

jasonjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:26 PM
AlfieAllDay

Getting so sick of Smith and his dumb surprised look when he takes his once-a-game penalty.

Da Costa definitely looked solid.

AlfieAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
One of our best players today. Don't think he playedmuch, but he played hockey which is more than you can say for most of te team

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Methot played well. He was left alone to defend quite often both in front of the net and along the boards. He's the only D who exerted some muscles and knocked guys off the puck in the D zone. I'm still happy about that trade even though it cost us Foligno.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote