Catz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:22 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catz View Post
9 PTs in 2 games for jaskin since returning from wjc
Barbashev has 3 goals , 4 assists for 7 points since his return as well. He looks much better on the wing even though he hasn't played there since pee wee. Danault also has 1 goal and 4 assists in 2 games too. That line is looking scary

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:27 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Barbashev has 3 goals , 4 assists for 7 points since his return as well. He looks much better on the wing even though he hasn't played there since pee wee. Danault also has 1 goal and 4 assists in 2 games too. That line is looking scary
easy....easy!!! you beat Gatineau and St John!!! they are a scary line, i'm just having fun with you!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:30 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Wildcats make their winning streak to 3 game now with a 6-3 win over the Screaming for help Eagles. Jaskin now has 13 points in his 3 game back from the WJC ! I'll go out on a limb and say he may be the player of the week award/ 1st star

Old
01-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Catz

30 PTs in 3 games for the danualt line

Old
01-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Catz

Jaskin player of the week

Old
01-21-2013, 06:05 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Jaskin player of the week
No surprise there.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:22 AM
RJQuack

Another ass kicking tonight. First real test in awhile will come Sunday against Quebec.... Soon after, home dates with Rimouski and Halifax ...

Halifax - Moncton Final looks like a good possibility, hinging on Dubeaus consistency and secondary scoring ... Bring it

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Catz

8 wins in a row!
4 wins in 5 days

Jaskin another hatrick today
Can you say MVP

Old
01-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Catz

http://www.theqmjhl.ca/article/jaski...he-week/137255

Old
01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

Jaskin is an absolute beast!!

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:42 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
Jaskin is an absolute beast!!
13 goals , 17 assists = 30 points in his last 11 games since returning from the WJC !

Old
02-02-2013, 08:08 PM
NEhockeycoach

Is Garland hurt, or has he been a healthy scratch?

Nice to see the team doing so well!

NEhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:58 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEhockeycoach View Post
Is Garland hurt, or has he been a healthy scratch?
Garland got injured two weeks ago, and the original diagnosis was broken knuckle/hand, out up to 6 weeks ... Could be back anytime from mid to late February ...

Quote:
Nice to see the team doing so well!
Their streak ended today ...

Where's Catz now? Moncton play two mediocre games and Bathurst win twice ... He must be on vacation and can't see this

Moncton's next game in on national TV against the Moose ... Have to believe Flynn will have them fired up for the biggest game of the season (perhaps)

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Catz

Sorry my first son was born Thursday . That triumphs this site in my life . Not sure how your priorities go.

9 wins in 10 games not to shabby.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:08 PM
ClemQ

Even the great teams have not so good stretches!! Moncton proved they are resilient. Look at the season start they had and look where they are now. I wouldn't worry about a couple average games

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:19 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Although I wasn't happy about their effort in Shawinigan and Drummondville , all teams lose games and I'm not worried about it. Even with the streak ending , there were still positives to consider. Dubeau has made a complete 180 degree turn and is now proving Flynn to be a genious by not acquiring another goaltender. The defence has been playing considerably better and is keeping the shots down or to the outside. Melindy finally realized he isn't Bobby Orr and Dave Brown's son and has simplified his game. The Saulnier line scored a 5 on 5 goal this weekend and the Jaskin/Danault/Barbashev line continues to dominate. We also roll with four capable lines without being a liabillity. Last , but not least, Haas has really picked up his hockey play in the last 5 games. I'm not sure if it's a confidence thing but he looks like a complete different player and hasn't looked out of place. Overall I'm not worried one bit as I'm sure Flynn will light a match under the team for the big game against Halifax. I'm very anxious to see how well we pan out with Dubeau playing atop his game and with the addition to Danault and the play of Jaskin.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Catz

Cats beat the mighty moose again. Jaskin with another hatrick .

Old
02-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Cats beat the mighty moose again. Jaskin with another hatrick .
You guys played a terrific game against us tonight!! Jaskin and Lalonde dominated us.. I don't know what the **** was wrong with our defence, they've been **** for a while now.

Good game

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:01 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Jaskin is amazing. Very good move.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:39 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Great game last night. Dubeau was he difference maker even thought he gave up 5 goals, Halifax would have had 7 or 8 with the chances they had. Typical night for Jaskin with multiple goals and four points. Barbashev and Danault have been great as well. MacKinnon and Drouin were both amazing as well. Luckily for Moncton we didn't have to shut down Mac in the third which could have change the game. Halifax's d made tons of mistake that you shouldnt see on a contending team , let alone #2 National ranked team. Keeping MacAuley over Gillard still puzzles me from an outsider looking in. Veilleux played well and gave it his all . Racine and Narbonne as well. Melindy looked horrid as usual. Most of the teams errors were cause by him. It's almost like being shorthanded when he's on the ice. Looks sooo lost out there, clueless of where or what he should be doing. Fabian was getting considerably frustrated last night with him. Would have liked to see more of Johnston. I think fast teams like Hali really expose him cause he's slow. Would also love to see him use his body and punish people more , he seems to ease up before most hits. Overall it was a good game. Not the pretiest but enough to get the job done. It would make an intresting playoff series. Lalonde was proved to be a nice addition that can do more than grind. Flynn looking smart for passing on star players for him , who will have another couple of years in this league.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Glad to know Jaskin is a future Blues player!

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:18 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Great game last night. Dubeau was he difference maker even thought he gave up 5 goals, Halifax would have had 7 or 8 with the chances they had. Typical night for Jaskin with multiple goals and four points. Barbashev and Danault have been great as well. MacKinnon and Drouin were both amazing as well. Luckily for Moncton we didn't have to shut down Mac in the third which could have change the game. Halifax's d made tons of mistake that you shouldnt see on a contending team , let alone #2 National ranked team. Keeping MacAuley over Gillard still puzzles me from an outsider looking in. Veilleux played well and gave it his all . Racine and Narbonne as well. Melindy looked horrid as usual. Most of the teams errors were cause by him. It's almost like being shorthanded when he's on the ice. Looks sooo lost out there, clueless of where or what he should be doing. Fabian was getting considerably frustrated last night with him. Would have liked to see more of Johnston. I think fast teams like Hali really expose him cause he's slow. Would also love to see him use his body and punish people more , he seems to ease up before most hits. Overall it was a good game. Not the pretiest but enough to get the job done. It would make an intresting playoff series. Lalonde was proved to be a nice addition that can do more than grind. Flynn looking smart for passing on star players for him , who will have another couple of years in this league.
Having a top 6 that matches well against anybody in the league at this point is impressive, but what I think gives Moncton a real shot is depth with guys like Lalonde, Penny and Johnston. For all the off-the-wall predictions people were making about the point totals for 3rd and 4th liners at the start of the season (ok, Bathurst), those 3 should end up with about 60 goals.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:33 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop View Post
Having a top 6 that matches well against anybody in the league at this point is impressive, but what I think gives Moncton a real shot is depth with guys like Lalonde, Penny and Johnston. For all the off-the-wall predictions people were making about the point totals for 3rd and 4th liners at the start of the season (ok, Bathurst), those 3 should end up with about 60 goals.

I agree. Being able to match Tremaine-Penny-Lalonde with other teams top lines to shut them down is very comforting as a coach. This is the kind of depth that ables the Veilleux- Saulnier-Saulnier line to play an offensize role rather than defensize as we watched lasted season. Another big reason for our current success ,other than depth and the new found chemistry between Barbashev/Danault/Jaskin , is Dubeau's consistent play. He's really turned it up a notch during this current run and resembles like he did last season with a bit more maturity. As I mentioned above, although 5 goals were let in , he was a real difference maker while Fucale struggled to find pucks and control rebounds. Halifax could have easily had seven of eight goals last night , they had several quality chances early.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:07 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Big game tonight against Rimouski. Hopefully the Cats can keep the momentum going. They'll have to do it without Penny(Alcade hit), Tremaine and Garland. Tremaine will likely be back Friday and Garland on the 23rd. Hoping Penny won't be out long as he's probably our most underrated player. I'm going to guess a 5-4 OT Win with Jaskin scoring 2 goals and Veilleux potting the winner