HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLVIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2013, 09:11 AM
  #776
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
Maybe it's for a swap of two struggling prospects that need a change of scenery?

Leblanc and MSP?
RDS would **** bricks.

So I'm good with that!

JGRB is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 02:09 PM
  #777
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen Nick Petrecki play recently?

Roulin is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 02:14 PM
  #778
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
With all the talent on the Oilers they don't seem very good... Can't even make a tape-to-tape pass on the PP to stay in the offensive zone...

Theosis is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 02:28 PM
  #779
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
With all the talent on the Oilers they don't seem very good... Can't even make a tape-to-tape pass on the PP to stay in the offensive zone...
Seriously... It's ****ing pathetic. I don't understand how they can still be a bad team. They'll probably end up getting another top pick this year.

__________________
...Unemployed Black Astronaut...
PyrettaBlaze is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 02:30 PM
  #780
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
With all the talent on the Oilers they don't seem very good... Can't even make a tape-to-tape pass on the PP to stay in the offensive zone...
They need a defenseman who can make a good pass, someone who's a veteran, a cup winner, has seen it all and can play in cold or intense markets. I wonder if we have someone to spare.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 02:34 PM
  #781
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Seriously... It's ****ing pathetic. I don't understand how they can still be a bad team. They'll probably end up getting another top pick this year.
When guys like Horcoff and Smyth are your veterans what do you expect? Surrounding elite rookies with scrub vets will only lead to longer development and bad habits.

OneSharpMarble is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 02:39 PM
  #782
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
They need a defenseman who can make a good pass, someone who's a veteran, a cup winner, has seen it all and can play in cold or intense markets. I wonder if we have someone to spare.
hahahaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Get him for a 7th rounder or Peckham

EveryDay is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 03:11 PM
  #783
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Seriously... It's ****ing pathetic. I don't understand how they can still be a bad team. They'll probably end up getting another top pick this year.
They didn't get a single shot on a 5-on-3 just now

Theosis is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 03:13 PM
  #784
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Wings up 2-1 now, PP goal.

Theosis is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 03:17 PM
  #785
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,317
vCash: 500
Jets up 1-0 on Ottawa.. Goal scored because of a (dare I say it ) Karlsson turnover in his own end.

sheed36 is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 03:23 PM
  #786
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Just saw #23 in the teal team skate the puck into the zone and then passed it to ... someone.. and a guy on the white team took the puck.
Looked awfully familiar.

GoHomez is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 03:25 PM
  #787
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Jets up 1-0 on Ottawa.. Goal scored because of a (dare I say it ) Karlsson turnover in his own end.
A great player, but man it seems he is becoming very overrated...I don't see him lasting very long without major injuries, he is built like a figure skater...

Puts up alot of points, but I am not as big a fan as most...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 03:43 PM
  #788
peate
Good grief!
 
peate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Solid game by the Jets. 1-0 final against the Sens.

peate is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 03:47 PM
  #789
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Jets up 1-0 on Ottawa.. Goal scored because of a (dare I say it ) Karlsson turnover in his own end.
He sure did, it looked like a pickup hockey play. He did'nt have a good game.

Craig71 is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 03:47 PM
  #790
FireBergevin
Penultimate warrior
 
FireBergevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,892
vCash: 500
Bruins scared of a little snow. Pathetic.

FireBergevin is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 04:09 PM
  #791
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
Bruins scared of a little snow. Pathetic.
Did they call in the army?

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
  #792
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Jets up 1-0 on Ottawa.. Goal scored because of a (dare I say it ) Karlsson turnover in his own end.
One of his rare so far this year, Karlsson is a fantastic hockey player, probably the best puckmover in the league right now..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 04:20 PM
  #793
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,798
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
With all the talent on the Oilers they don't seem very good... Can't even make a tape-to-tape pass on the PP to stay in the offensive zone...
Remember when I said the Oilers were a joke? You can't win with only young kids, you need some veterans with character.

Edmonton is also 29th 5 on 5. They're just too soft.

Nicko999 is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 04:23 PM
  #794
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,781
vCash: 500
I never understood Habs fans who are jealous of the Oilers. They have some nice offensive talent that is too inexperienced and young to be consistent. They aren't a good team and they are only fun to watch every 3 games or so.

Et le But is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 04:39 PM
  #795
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I never understood Habs fans who are jealous of the Oilers. They have some nice offensive talent that is too inexperienced and young to be consistent. They aren't a good team and they are only fun to watch every 3 games or so.
According to Lafleurs Guy everything is going great, all prospects need to be crushed at the NHL level for 3 or 4 years before finding their groove.

I think their drafting is massively over-rated, only their top picks are doing anything. You have these elite level rookies being guided by 3rd liners, you are asking for problems.

OneSharpMarble is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 04:44 PM
  #796
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Did they call in the army?
Boston actually had a Travel Ban in effect yesterday, up to a year in jail for anyone driving anywhere for any reason. Taxis and food delivery also shut down. What is it with that place they also have a nightly 23h00 curfew for people under 21 yrs old lol.

Hurts the Lightning, they were at the TD Garden and did their morning skate. The makeup game should be in Tampa.

JLP is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 04:54 PM
  #797
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
According to Lafleurs Guy everything is going great, all prospects need to be crushed at the NHL level for 3 or 4 years before finding their groove.

I think their drafting is massively over-rated, only their top picks are doing anything. You have these elite level rookies being guided by 3rd liners, you are asking for problems.
They'll be fine. All that team needs to do is stay patient. And if they're going to change things up they should do it on the blueline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Boston actually had a Travel Ban in effect yesterday, up to a year in jail for anyone driving anywhere for any reason. Taxis and food delivery also shut down. What is it with that place they also have a nightly 23h00 curfew for people under 21 yrs old lol.

Hurts the Lightning, they were at the TD Garden and did their morning skate. The makeup game should be in Tampa.
I hear they're considering Mel Lastman for coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Remember when I said the Oilers were a joke? You can't win with only young kids, you need some veterans with character.

Edmonton is also 29th 5 on 5. They're just too soft.
You can't win with kids? Maybe not (though Pittsburgh and others are evidence that this isn't true) but you can build with kids, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Let them develop. As they mature and get better then they can add some FAs. All managment has to do is stay patient. We'll see if they're smart enough to do this.

They are a bunch of 18 year olds developing their game. They don't have to win this year, they've got lots of time.


Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 02-09-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 05:00 PM
  #798
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
They'll be fine. All that team needs to do is stay patient. And if they're going to change things up they should do it on the blueline.

I hear they're considering Mel Lastman for coach.

You can build with kids, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Let them develop. As they mature and get better then they can add some FAs. All managment has to do is stay patient. We'll see if they're smart enough to do this.
One thing that amuses me are the frequent oilers fans post on the main boards that go along the likes of:

"Oilers need a top-2 defenseman and we don't want to trade RNH, Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, or Schultz. Any ideas?"

DAChampion is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 05:05 PM
  #799
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
They'll be fine. All that team needs to do is stay patient. And if they're going to change things up they should do it on the blueline.
Yup all those injuries and terrible play surely wont have any long term effects. Everything will be fine, RNH playing like ****, Eberle in massive slump, can't score 5 on 5. They will have to stay patient because it will probably be another 3 or 4 years before these youngsters learn the NHL game. How many are left at that point who knows, but just relax, everything will be "fine".

OneSharpMarble is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 05:08 PM
  #800
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
One thing that amuses me are the frequent oilers fans post on the main boards that go along the likes of:

"Oilers need a top-2 defenseman and we don't want to trade RNH, Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, or Schultz. Any ideas?"
The team finished almost dead last in 2012, its silly to think they'd somehow be a powerhouse now. They've got Schultz who looks great and they need to shore up their D and goaltending.

The scoring they're set for. All those guys are 18 or 19 years old. In three or four years that team's offense will be scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yup all those injuries and terrible play surely wont have any long term effects. Everything will be fine, RNH playing like ****, Eberle in massive slump, can't score 5 on 5. They will have to stay patient because it will probably be another 3 or 4 years before these youngsters learn the NHL game. How many are left at that point who knows, but just relax, everything will be "fine".
?

Do you watch Edmonton's games? Those guys are developing extremely well. Seriously dude, you're going to write these kids off already? Give your head a shake.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.