HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLVIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 09:11 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
Maybe it's for a swap of two struggling prospects that need a change of scenery?

Leblanc and MSP?
RDS would **** bricks.

So I'm good with that!

Old
02-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Roulin

Has anyone seen Nick Petrecki play recently?

Old
02-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

With all the talent on the Oilers they don't seem very good... Can't even make a tape-to-tape pass on the PP to stay in the offensive zone...

Old
02-09-2013, 02:28 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
With all the talent on the Oilers they don't seem very good... Can't even make a tape-to-tape pass on the PP to stay in the offensive zone...
Seriously... It's ****ing pathetic. I don't understand how they can still be a bad team. They'll probably end up getting another top pick this year.

02-09-2013, 02:30 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
They need a defenseman who can make a good pass, someone who's a veteran, a cup winner, has seen it all and can play in cold or intense markets. I wonder if we have someone to spare.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:34 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Seriously... It's ****ing pathetic. I don't understand how they can still be a bad team. They'll probably end up getting another top pick this year.
When guys like Horcoff and Smyth are your veterans what do you expect? Surrounding elite rookies with scrub vets will only lead to longer development and bad habits.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:39 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
They need a defenseman who can make a good pass, someone who's a veteran, a cup winner, has seen it all and can play in cold or intense markets. I wonder if we have someone to spare.
hahahaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Get him for a 7th rounder or Peckham

Old
02-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
They didn't get a single shot on a 5-on-3 just now

Old
02-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Wings up 2-1 now, PP goal.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:17 PM
sheed36

Jets up 1-0 on Ottawa.. Goal scored because of a (dare I say it ) Karlsson turnover in his own end.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:23 PM
GoHomez

Just saw #23 in the teal team skate the puck into the zone and then passed it to ... someone.. and a guy on the white team took the puck.
Looked awfully familiar.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:25 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Jets up 1-0 on Ottawa.. Goal scored because of a (dare I say it ) Karlsson turnover in his own end.
A great player, but man it seems he is becoming very overrated...I don't see him lasting very long without major injuries, he is built like a figure skater...

Puts up alot of points, but I am not as big a fan as most...

Old
02-09-2013, 03:43 PM
peate
Good grief!

Solid game by the Jets. 1-0 final against the Sens.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Craig71

Quote:
He sure did, it looked like a pickup hockey play. He did'nt have a good game.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:47 PM
FireBergevin
Penultimate warrior

Bruins scared of a little snow. Pathetic.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
Bruins scared of a little snow. Pathetic.
Did they call in the army?

Old
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
One of his rare so far this year, Karlsson is a fantastic hockey player, probably the best puckmover in the league right now..

Old
02-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Quote:
Remember when I said the Oilers were a joke? You can't win with only young kids, you need some veterans with character.

Edmonton is also 29th 5 on 5. They're just too soft.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Et le But

I never understood Habs fans who are jealous of the Oilers. They have some nice offensive talent that is too inexperienced and young to be consistent. They aren't a good team and they are only fun to watch every 3 games or so.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:39 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I never understood Habs fans who are jealous of the Oilers. They have some nice offensive talent that is too inexperienced and young to be consistent. They aren't a good team and they are only fun to watch every 3 games or so.
According to Lafleurs Guy everything is going great, all prospects need to be crushed at the NHL level for 3 or 4 years before finding their groove.

I think their drafting is massively over-rated, only their top picks are doing anything. You have these elite level rookies being guided by 3rd liners, you are asking for problems.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:44 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Did they call in the army?
Boston actually had a Travel Ban in effect yesterday, up to a year in jail for anyone driving anywhere for any reason. Taxis and food delivery also shut down. What is it with that place they also have a nightly 23h00 curfew for people under 21 yrs old lol.

Hurts the Lightning, they were at the TD Garden and did their morning skate. The makeup game should be in Tampa.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
According to Lafleurs Guy everything is going great, all prospects need to be crushed at the NHL level for 3 or 4 years before finding their groove.

I think their drafting is massively over-rated, only their top picks are doing anything. You have these elite level rookies being guided by 3rd liners, you are asking for problems.
They'll be fine. All that team needs to do is stay patient. And if they're going to change things up they should do it on the blueline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Boston actually had a Travel Ban in effect yesterday, up to a year in jail for anyone driving anywhere for any reason. Taxis and food delivery also shut down. What is it with that place they also have a nightly 23h00 curfew for people under 21 yrs old lol.

Hurts the Lightning, they were at the TD Garden and did their morning skate. The makeup game should be in Tampa.
I hear they're considering Mel Lastman for coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Remember when I said the Oilers were a joke? You can't win with only young kids, you need some veterans with character.

Edmonton is also 29th 5 on 5. They're just too soft.
You can't win with kids? Maybe not (though Pittsburgh and others are evidence that this isn't true) but you can build with kids, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Let them develop. As they mature and get better then they can add some FAs. All managment has to do is stay patient. We'll see if they're smart enough to do this.

They are a bunch of 18 year olds developing their game. They don't have to win this year, they've got lots of time.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 02-09-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old
02-09-2013, 05:00 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
They'll be fine. All that team needs to do is stay patient. And if they're going to change things up they should do it on the blueline.

I hear they're considering Mel Lastman for coach.

You can build with kids, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Let them develop. As they mature and get better then they can add some FAs. All managment has to do is stay patient. We'll see if they're smart enough to do this.
One thing that amuses me are the frequent oilers fans post on the main boards that go along the likes of:

"Oilers need a top-2 defenseman and we don't want to trade RNH, Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, or Schultz. Any ideas?"

Old
02-09-2013, 05:05 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Yup all those injuries and terrible play surely wont have any long term effects. Everything will be fine, RNH playing like ****, Eberle in massive slump, can't score 5 on 5. They will have to stay patient because it will probably be another 3 or 4 years before these youngsters learn the NHL game. How many are left at that point who knows, but just relax, everything will be "fine".

Old
02-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
One thing that amuses me are the frequent oilers fans post on the main boards that go along the likes of:

"Oilers need a top-2 defenseman and we don't want to trade RNH, Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, or Schultz. Any ideas?"
The team finished almost dead last in 2012, its silly to think they'd somehow be a powerhouse now. They've got Schultz who looks great and they need to shore up their D and goaltending.

The scoring they're set for. All those guys are 18 or 19 years old. In three or four years that team's offense will be scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yup all those injuries and terrible play surely wont have any long term effects. Everything will be fine, RNH playing like ****, Eberle in massive slump, can't score 5 on 5. They will have to stay patient because it will probably be another 3 or 4 years before these youngsters learn the NHL game. How many are left at that point who knows, but just relax, everything will be "fine".
?

Do you watch Edmonton's games? Those guys are developing extremely well. Seriously dude, you're going to write these kids off already? Give your head a shake.

Closed Thread