HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Phi-tor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2013, 04:48 PM
  #51
Silver Shine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
How about...

MacArthur, Bozak, Komisarek

For

Couturier, 3rd

Silver Shine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:49 PM
  #52
JVR21
Sexy Hexy
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 8,820
vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Shine View Post
How about...

MacArthur, Bozak, Komisarek

For

Couturier, 3rd
Dear god...

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:17 PM
  #53
orange is better
Lattelepjandi lopatr
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Reykjavík
Country: Iceland
Posts: 11,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver shine View Post
how about...

Macarthur, bozak, komisarek

for

couturier, 3rd
yes!!!!!!!

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:08 PM
  #54
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Assist View Post
Your wunderkind is now 20 years old and shows no sign of making people forget Ron Francis, to whom Flyer fans often compare him. You named 16 forwards who played for the Flyers in the last 38 years, only one who was a superstar (Lindros); Forsberg had passed his prime in '05-'06. Not too impressive when you figure that some 150+ forwards played for the team during that time.
Firstly, you're a tool. Secondly, it was not Flyers fans who compared Couturier to Ron Francis. Do you know how that started?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...o-ron-francis/

Couturier will never put up Francis-level numbers, but he could easily be Jordan Staal 2.0. Is that a problem? It isn't for me.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 08:01 PM
  #55
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Assist View Post
Your wunderkind is now 20 years old and shows no sign of making people forget Ron Francis, to whom Flyer fans often compare him. You named 16 forwards who played for the Flyers in the last 38 years, only one who was a superstar (Lindros); Forsberg had passed his prime in '05-'06. Not too impressive when you figure that some 150+ forwards played for the team during that time.
So whats your point? kessel is not a superstar either. And while Lindros may be the only "superstar" on that list it is still riddled with All-Stars.

And that's completely ignoring the fact that Couturier being 20 is some how old. Your trolling is laughable so I just wanted to thank you for making me laugh.

Just so everyone knows im feeding the troll in hopes that he'll come out from under his bridge and make me laugh some more

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:40 PM
  #56
MapleLeaf4ever
Registered User
 
MapleLeaf4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor683 View Post
Kessel, M. Rielly or Gardiner, Macarthur --> Couturier, Read, 2nd
If I was Nonnis and your Holmgren making that call to me I make sure that you get shot for even thinking of that proposal. If anyteam wants kessel then lets start with what we gave up to get him. Two 1st round picks or one 1st and somebody like Couturier plus a 2nd round.

And even then I still say no because it makes our team significantly worse for no reason, with no garuntee that we'll get anything equivalent to Kessel let alone Seguin or Hamilton, back with those picks.

MapleLeaf4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:59 PM
  #57
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,247
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf4ever View Post
If I was Nonnis and your Holmgren making that call to me I make sure that you get shot for even thinking of that proposal. If anyteam wants kessel then lets start with what we gave up to get him. Two 1st round picks or one 1st and somebody like Couturier plus a 2nd round.

And even then I still say no because it makes our team significantly worse for no reason, with no garuntee that we'll get anything equivalent to Kessel let alone Seguin or Hamilton, back with those picks.
So because your last Gm did something dumb, you think it's reasonable to ask other Gm's to do something dumb to make it up to you? Good luck with that.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:04 AM
  #58
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf4ever View Post
If I was Nonnis and your Holmgren making that call to me I make sure that you get shot for even thinking of that proposal. If anyteam wants kessel then lets start with what we gave up to get him. Two 1st round picks or one 1st and somebody like Couturier plus a 2nd round.

And even then I still say no because it makes our team significantly worse for no reason, with no garuntee that we'll get anything equivalent to Kessel let alone Seguin or Hamilton, back with those picks.
No one would be dumb enough in giving you 2 1sts or 1 1st + Couturier for Phil "The one Dimensional Thrill" Kessel. He's dynamic and all but in no way would you get the same return for Kessel that Boston got.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:55 AM
  #59
Mike Bobcat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,408
vCash: 500
No one expects two first round picks for Kessel, but the player coming back should be equal in value as Kessel who will upgrade their top 6. Nonis would be dumb to trade his best scorer, who has been consistently scoring 30+ goals for the past 4 seasons and was PPG last year with career high 37 goals playing along side guys who aren't even 1C's and he's only 25, give him a legit 1C and I bet he'll score 40 goals easily. B prospects and late first round picks really don't help the Leafs. They trade a proven player, wait another 3-5 years for that prospect and pick to turn out as good as Kessel if not better even that is not guaranteed.

Mike Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:05 PM
  #60
TorstenFrings
lebenslang grünweiss
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bremen
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf4ever View Post
If I was Nonnis and your Holmgren making that call to me I make sure that you get shot for even thinking of that proposal. If anyteam wants kessel then lets start with what we gave up to get him. Two 1st round picks or one 1st and somebody like Couturier plus a 2nd round.

And even then I still say no because it makes our team significantly worse for no reason, with no garuntee that we'll get anything equivalent to Kessel let alone Seguin or Hamilton, back with those picks.
Going somewhat against the grain of the last "LOL Burke" posts, I´d say you could get a good prospect possibly picked in the 1st recently + a 1st and 2nd, but it would still not be what you ended up giving up, because it would not be high 1sts and would not be Couturier either. Again, you should look into getting a very good C prospect not in the NHL yet, IF you end up trading Kessel.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.