HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk (discussion about NHL matters)

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 05:31 PM
ArmchairGM

vCash: 500
Anyone think the Flyers might make a big push on Seth Jones for this years draft? Depending on where the Flyer's land (probably 20th+ pick) how much do you think they would have to trade to acquire the first overall? I know its dependent on a lot of factors, including who gets the first overall, but the Flyer's are gonna need to acquire another #1 defencemen within the next couple years with Timonen retiring, curious if Jones can be that guy in the future.

Maybe something like:

Laughton, Voracek/Reid, 2013 1st Round Pick

Really don't have much idea of the value, but Jones seems like a pretty intriguing player

Old
02-09-2013, 05:37 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I can't quite get this to work, did you drop the end of the link off?
you cant see it? Im watching it over and over now.

EDIT: Now its not working. wierd. its a rather long link. might be the problem.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you cant see it? Im watching it over and over now.

EDIT: Now its not working. wierd. its a rather long link. might be the problem.
They might have disabled hotlinking

02-09-2013, 05:41 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
They might have disabled hotlinking
gotchya. I am sure it will get up on youtube eventually.

basically its Brodeur almost putting it into his won goal after dropping the puck near the crease and he proceeded to fall down trying to recover.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:56 PM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
gotchya. I am sure it will get up on youtube eventually.

basically its Brodeur almost putting it into his won goal after dropping the puck near the crease and he proceeded to fall down trying to recover.
There was also a great series of events where the Pens were on the PP and Marty's stick ended up behind the net. NJ cleared the zone and Marty went behind the net to retrieve his stick and MAF skated out of the Pittsburgh goal and almost all the way to the blue line to retrieve the puck and he fired it at the net while Marty was behind his own goal. The puck banged off the left post then right post then hit Brodeur in the crease while he was scrambling/falling down to try to get back, but it somehow managed to stay out.

Not sure I've ever seen a goalie score a powerplay goal without the other net empty for an extra attacker, it would've been interesting to see the reaction nationally if the puck went in. Definitely would've made top plays and perhaps the not top plays on ESPN too.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:07 PM
LegionOfDoom91

God Don Cherry's tailor should be put down. His suit looks like a couch from the 70's.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:10 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Derek Mathers making an apprearance on HNIC they referred to him as the "heavyweight champ of the OHL".

Old
02-09-2013, 06:29 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
There was also a great series of events where the Pens were on the PP and Marty's stick ended up behind the net. NJ cleared the zone and Marty went behind the net to retrieve his stick and MAF skated out of the Pittsburgh goal and almost all the way to the blue line to retrieve the puck and he fired it at the net while Marty was behind his own goal. The puck banged off the left post then right post then hit Brodeur in the crease while he was scrambling/falling down to try to get back, but it somehow managed to stay out.

Not sure I've ever seen a goalie score a powerplay goal without the other net empty for an extra attacker, it would've been interesting to see the reaction nationally if the puck went in. Definitely would've made top plays and perhaps the not top plays on ESPN too.
It looks to me like the initial shot hits Brodeur as he's scrambling back. He reaches down to catch it but muffs, and then the crazy meandering path of the puck ensues.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Marty knows it was hilarious

Edit: The Caps might have the least creative offense in the league

Old
02-09-2013, 06:44 PM
HenriquesJawLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post

Nah Fleury passed to Malkin who shot it but was offsides so it wouldn't have counted anyway

Old
02-09-2013, 06:58 PM
FLYguy3911

How we managed to sign Leighton instead of a guy like Montoya and give him 300k extra on top of that I will never know.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:58 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
It looks to me like the initial shot hits Brodeur as he's scrambling back. He reaches down to catch it but muffs, and then the crazy meandering path of the puck ensues.

oh wow. for some reason I thought it was Marty who dropped the puck and almost knocked it in. that is even more hilarious

Old
02-09-2013, 07:01 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
How we managed to sign Leighton instead of a guy like Montoya and give him 300k extra on top of that I will never know.
the Leighton lovers are convinced no other backup making 800k-1.2 million would be a upgrade over Leighton.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:09 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Cherry just stuck up for Rinaldo with the whole Crombeen situation on Coaches Corner. The idiot that host the show wanted the league to suspend him.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Cherry just stuck up for Rinaldo with the whole Crombeen situation on Coaches Corner. The idiot that host the show wanted the league to suspend him.
Good God/ I walked back into the room at the tail end and wondered if the "Professor" was talking about Rinaldo. I take it, he made no mention of Lecavalier's staged protest.

What am I saying, of course not. Ron Maclean would never call out his boyfriend's best bud.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

JvR just scored lol.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:26 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Good God/ I walked back into the room at the tail end and wondered if the "Professor" was talking about Rinaldo. I take it, he made no mention of Lecavalier's staged protest.

What am I saying, of course not. Ron Maclean would never call out his boyfriend's best bud.
Cherry just said Rinaldo's a reckless fighter (not in a bad way). He agreed with Sutherland and that was basically all he said of it. Maclean on the other hand said he didn't buy what Rinaldo was saying and thought the league should suspend him so "he can learn".

Old
02-09-2013, 07:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Kadri just blew up Emelin.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:52 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Does anyone else get the feeling that Galchenyuk will end up being the best player to come out of last years draft class?

Old
02-09-2013, 08:10 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Marty knows it was hilarious

Edit: The Caps might have the least creative offense in the league
I agree ! Ovys toe drag move across the middle is not fooling too many defenders or goalies these days.He is a helluva talent, but is starting to look like a one trick pony of late ?

Old
02-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I agree ! Ovys toe drag move across the middle is not fooling too many defenders or goalies these days.He is a helluva talent, but is starting to look like a one trick pony of late ?
It was more effective when he could just overwhelm them with speed. he's looking a lot slower the last couple seasons. He still has a fantastic shot when he gets it off though; watching him in person, every time he shoots it seems like it could easily go in. He just has a lot less shots nowadays.

We complain about the Flyers throwing blind passes in front of the net, which always fail...that's the Caps go-to move for periods and games at a time. It looks like they stopped doing that crap in this game and focused on getting pucks to the net. It's working better.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:42 PM
JVR21
G

JVR has seven goals? Yikes. Good thing Schenn's tearing it up for us, too.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:52 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Toronto goonin' it up in with a lead in a 6-0 game.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:57 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Toronto goonin' it up in with a lead in a 6-0 game.
Been watching it tonight ! Totonto thoroughly dominated the Habs in every area ! We will have a tough test coming in Toronto !

Old
02-09-2013, 08:59 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
It was more effective when he could just overwhelm them with speed. he's looking a lot slower the last couple seasons. He still has a fantastic shot when he gets it off though; watching him in person, every time he shoots it seems like it could easily go in. He just has a lot less shots nowadays.

We complain about the Flyers throwing blind passes in front of the net, which always fail...that's the Caps go-to move for periods and games at a time. It looks like they stopped doing that crap in this game and focused on getting pucks to the net. It's working better.
You know, he really does look slower these days....His speed was certainly a huge asset for sure !

Closed Thread