HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk (discussion about NHL matters)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2013, 05:31 PM
  #701
ArmchairGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Anyone think the Flyers might make a big push on Seth Jones for this years draft? Depending on where the Flyer's land (probably 20th+ pick) how much do you think they would have to trade to acquire the first overall? I know its dependent on a lot of factors, including who gets the first overall, but the Flyer's are gonna need to acquire another #1 defencemen within the next couple years with Timonen retiring, curious if Jones can be that guy in the future.

Maybe something like:

Laughton, Voracek/Reid, 2013 1st Round Pick

Really don't have much idea of the value, but Jones seems like a pretty intriguing player

ArmchairGM is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 05:37 PM
  #702
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,021
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I can't quite get this to work, did you drop the end of the link off?
you cant see it? Im watching it over and over now.

EDIT: Now its not working. wierd. its a rather long link. might be the problem.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 05:40 PM
  #703
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,504
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you cant see it? Im watching it over and over now.

EDIT: Now its not working. wierd. its a rather long link. might be the problem.
They might have disabled hotlinking

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 05:41 PM
  #704
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,021
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
They might have disabled hotlinking
gotchya. I am sure it will get up on youtube eventually.

basically its Brodeur almost putting it into his won goal after dropping the puck near the crease and he proceeded to fall down trying to recover.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 05:56 PM
  #705
FlyingHigh28*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
gotchya. I am sure it will get up on youtube eventually.

basically its Brodeur almost putting it into his won goal after dropping the puck near the crease and he proceeded to fall down trying to recover.
There was also a great series of events where the Pens were on the PP and Marty's stick ended up behind the net. NJ cleared the zone and Marty went behind the net to retrieve his stick and MAF skated out of the Pittsburgh goal and almost all the way to the blue line to retrieve the puck and he fired it at the net while Marty was behind his own goal. The puck banged off the left post then right post then hit Brodeur in the crease while he was scrambling/falling down to try to get back, but it somehow managed to stay out.

Not sure I've ever seen a goalie score a powerplay goal without the other net empty for an extra attacker, it would've been interesting to see the reaction nationally if the puck went in. Definitely would've made top plays and perhaps the not top plays on ESPN too.

FlyingHigh28* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 06:07 PM
  #706
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,386
vCash: 500
God Don Cherry's tailor should be put down. His suit looks like a couch from the 70's.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 06:10 PM
  #707
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,386
vCash: 500
Derek Mathers making an apprearance on HNIC they referred to him as the "heavyweight champ of the OHL".

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 06:29 PM
  #708
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
There was also a great series of events where the Pens were on the PP and Marty's stick ended up behind the net. NJ cleared the zone and Marty went behind the net to retrieve his stick and MAF skated out of the Pittsburgh goal and almost all the way to the blue line to retrieve the puck and he fired it at the net while Marty was behind his own goal. The puck banged off the left post then right post then hit Brodeur in the crease while he was scrambling/falling down to try to get back, but it somehow managed to stay out.

Not sure I've ever seen a goalie score a powerplay goal without the other net empty for an extra attacker, it would've been interesting to see the reaction nationally if the puck went in. Definitely would've made top plays and perhaps the not top plays on ESPN too.
It looks to me like the initial shot hits Brodeur as he's scrambling back. He reaches down to catch it but muffs, and then the crazy meandering path of the puck ensues.


BernieParent is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 06:31 PM
  #709
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,504
vCash: 156
Marty knows it was hilarious

Edit: The Caps might have the least creative offense in the league

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 06:44 PM
  #710
HenriquesJawLine
Registered User
 
HenriquesJawLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
There was also a great series of events where the Pens were on the PP and Marty's stick ended up behind the net. NJ cleared the zone and Marty went behind the net to retrieve his stick and MAF skated out of the Pittsburgh goal and almost all the way to the blue line to retrieve the puck and he fired it at the net while Marty was behind his own goal. The puck banged off the left post then right post then hit Brodeur in the crease while he was scrambling/falling down to try to get back, but it somehow managed to stay out.

Not sure I've ever seen a goalie score a powerplay goal without the other net empty for an extra attacker, it would've been interesting to see the reaction nationally if the puck went in. Definitely would've made top plays and perhaps the not top plays on ESPN too.
Nah Fleury passed to Malkin who shot it but was offsides so it wouldn't have counted anyway

HenriquesJawLine is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 06:58 PM
  #711
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,237
vCash: 500
How we managed to sign Leighton instead of a guy like Montoya and give him 300k extra on top of that I will never know.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 06:58 PM
  #712
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,021
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
It looks to me like the initial shot hits Brodeur as he's scrambling back. He reaches down to catch it but muffs, and then the crazy meandering path of the puck ensues.

oh wow. for some reason I thought it was Marty who dropped the puck and almost knocked it in. that is even more hilarious

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:01 PM
  #713
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,021
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
How we managed to sign Leighton instead of a guy like Montoya and give him 300k extra on top of that I will never know.
the Leighton lovers are convinced no other backup making 800k-1.2 million would be a upgrade over Leighton.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:09 PM
  #714
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,386
vCash: 500
Cherry just stuck up for Rinaldo with the whole Crombeen situation on Coaches Corner. The idiot that host the show wanted the league to suspend him.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:16 PM
  #715
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Cherry just stuck up for Rinaldo with the whole Crombeen situation on Coaches Corner. The idiot that host the show wanted the league to suspend him.
Good God/ I walked back into the room at the tail end and wondered if the "Professor" was talking about Rinaldo. I take it, he made no mention of Lecavalier's staged protest.

What am I saying, of course not. Ron Maclean would never call out his boyfriend's best bud.

Yukon Cornelius is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:24 PM
  #716
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
JvR just scored lol.

Roo Mad Bro is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:26 PM
  #717
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Good God/ I walked back into the room at the tail end and wondered if the "Professor" was talking about Rinaldo. I take it, he made no mention of Lecavalier's staged protest.

What am I saying, of course not. Ron Maclean would never call out his boyfriend's best bud.
Cherry just said Rinaldo's a reckless fighter (not in a bad way). He agreed with Sutherland and that was basically all he said of it. Maclean on the other hand said he didn't buy what Rinaldo was saying and thought the league should suspend him so "he can learn".

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:37 PM
  #718
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,386
vCash: 500
Kadri just blew up Emelin.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:52 PM
  #719
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,386
vCash: 500
Does anyone else get the feeling that Galchenyuk will end up being the best player to come out of last years draft class?

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 08:10 PM
  #720
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Marty knows it was hilarious

Edit: The Caps might have the least creative offense in the league
I agree ! Ovys toe drag move across the middle is not fooling too many defenders or goalies these days.He is a helluva talent, but is starting to look like a one trick pony of late ?

SgtJoseph is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 08:16 PM
  #721
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,504
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I agree ! Ovys toe drag move across the middle is not fooling too many defenders or goalies these days.He is a helluva talent, but is starting to look like a one trick pony of late ?
It was more effective when he could just overwhelm them with speed. he's looking a lot slower the last couple seasons. He still has a fantastic shot when he gets it off though; watching him in person, every time he shoots it seems like it could easily go in. He just has a lot less shots nowadays.

We complain about the Flyers throwing blind passes in front of the net, which always fail...that's the Caps go-to move for periods and games at a time. It looks like they stopped doing that crap in this game and focused on getting pucks to the net. It's working better.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 08:42 PM
  #722
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,876
vCash: 500
JVR has seven goals? Yikes. Good thing Schenn's tearing it up for us, too.

JVR21 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 08:52 PM
  #723
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,386
vCash: 500
Toronto goonin' it up in with a lead in a 6-0 game.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 08:57 PM
  #724
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Toronto goonin' it up in with a lead in a 6-0 game.
Been watching it tonight ! Totonto thoroughly dominated the Habs in every area ! We will have a tough test coming in Toronto !

SgtJoseph is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 08:59 PM
  #725
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It was more effective when he could just overwhelm them with speed. he's looking a lot slower the last couple seasons. He still has a fantastic shot when he gets it off though; watching him in person, every time he shoots it seems like it could easily go in. He just has a lot less shots nowadays.

We complain about the Flyers throwing blind passes in front of the net, which always fail...that's the Caps go-to move for periods and games at a time. It looks like they stopped doing that crap in this game and focused on getting pucks to the net. It's working better.
You know, he really does look slower these days....His speed was certainly a huge asset for sure !

SgtJoseph is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.