HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLVIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 05:16 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Do you watch Edmonton's games? Those guys are developing extremely well. Seriously dude, you're going to write these kids off already? Give your head a shake.
I didn't write off anyone, I am saying they are being mismanaged and it will stunt their growth. Do you have trouble reading?

Old
02-09-2013, 05:18 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
One thing that amuses me are the frequent oilers fans post on the main boards that go along the likes of:

"Oilers need a top-2 defenseman and we don't want to trade RNH, Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, or Schultz. Any ideas?"
In most cases they want to keep their 1st round pick this year too.. Saw an Oiler fan propose a 4th round pick + mid prospect for Eller on their board a couple days ago. Always trying to trade their scraps for something good.

Atleast the Subban for Whitney, MPS and a 2nd round pick stuff has finally stopped from them.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I didn't write off anyone, I am saying they are being mismanaged and it will stunt their growth. Do you have trouble reading?
You're sitting there with your emoticons talking about how these guys are being ruined. And it's absolutely stupid to say this when all those guys are close to a point per game. The only guy who's struggling a little is RNH and he's got a nagging injury.

And I really don't get why you keep trying to taunt me on this when you know I'll crucify you for it when this team becomes competitive. I'm not sure if you think that this is the season they have to win it and if they don't the whole thing is a failure because that's the way your posts are coming out. It's a marathon not a sprint. This team wasn't going to be a contender this year and nobody expected them to be. They MIGHT make the playoffs and that's about it.

Development isn't always linear. Some guys (Thornton, Stamkos) struggle out of the gate and others don't. The Oiler kids aren't struggling. The team as a whole is struggling but its despite those guys not because of them. The Oilers aren't a good team right now man but nobody said they would be. It's going to take time for them to put it together but I wouldn't be too upset if I were an Oiler fan, their games for the most part are great to watch.

They got schooled by Detroit today? No surprise. That doesn't mean you write them off and talk about how they're being ruined...

Like I said, give your head a shake man.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
In most cases they want to keep their 1st round pick this year too.. Saw an Oiler fan propose a 4th round pick + mid prospect for Eller on their board a couple days ago. Always trying to trade their scraps for something good.

Atleast the Subban for Whitney, MPS and a 2nd round pick stuff has finally stopped from them.
Edmonton could desperately use a PK Subban in their lineup.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:27 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
You're sitting there with your emoticons talking about how these guys are being ruined. And it's absolutely stupid to say this when all those guys are close to a point per game. The only guy who's struggling a little is RNH and he's got a nagging injury.

And I really don't get why you keep trying to taunt me on this when you know I'll crucify you for it when this team becomes competitive. I'm not sure if you think that this is the season they have to win it and if they don't the whole thing is a failure because that's the way your posts are coming out. It's a marathon not a sprint. This team wasn't going to be a contender this year and nobody expected them to be. They MIGHT make the playoffs and that's about it.

Development isn't always linear. Some guys (Thornton, Stamkos) struggle out of the gate and others don't. The Oiler kids aren't struggling. The team as a whole is struggling but its despite those guys not because of them. The Oilers aren't a good team right now man but nobody said they would be. It's going to take time for them to put it together but I wouldn't be too upset if I were an Oiler fan, their games for the most part are great to watch.

They got schooled by Detroit today? No surprise. That doesn't mean you write them off and talk about how they're being ruined...

Agreed, they've only been 6 years without a single playoff game, why not wait a few more...

Old
02-09-2013, 05:34 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Gonna "school" me right? What in 3-4 years? If not then maybe in 3-4 years after that.

Bad management is still bad management no matter how many 1st overalls you get at the draft. This team might just succeed in spite of itself given enough time and enough talent and then your asinine comments might have some merit.

Ya RNH is the only problem, they have 9 even strength goals in 11 games so everything is rolling along perfectly.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:48 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Agreed, they've only been 6 years without a single playoff game, why not wait a few more...

The Habs have not done anything in the playoffs since 1993.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:49 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Gonna "school" me right? What in 3-4 years? If not then maybe in 3-4 years after that.

Bad management is still bad management no matter how many 1st overalls you get at the draft. This team might just succeed in spite of itself given enough time and enough talent and then your asinine comments might have some merit.

Ya RNH is the only problem, they have 9 even strength goals in 11 games so everything is rolling along perfectly.
No team goes from last place to Stanley Cup overnight.

Right now, the Oilers are on track for a season of substantial improvement. That is the best one can expect of them.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:50 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Right now, the Oilers are on track for a season of substantial improvement. That is the best one can expect of them.
The oilers are on track for a top 5 pick while watching their superstars regress. No one was talking about the stanley cup, try and stay on topic.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
The oilers are on track for a top 5 pick while watching their superstars regress. No one was talking about the stanley cup, try and stay on topic.
If the Oilers are picking in the top 5 again this year, everyone on that staff needs to be fired.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:55 PM
habsrule22

if washington loses tonight moves will be coming Is there a good fit for us

Old
02-09-2013, 05:55 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
If the Oilers are picking in the top 5 again this year, everyone on that staff needs to be fired.
They have lost their last 5 games, that management needs to be fired from top to bottom along with the scouts. Look at their drafting, they havn't had one decent player outside of the first round since Brodziak in 2003!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/t...r00005632.html

Old
02-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Quote:
They have lost their last 5 games, that management needs to be fired from top to bottom along with the scouts. Look at their drafting, they havn't had one decent player outside of the first round since Brodziak in 2003!

Even their first rounders outside of the lottery picks are questionable.

Alex Plante, Riley Nash (Patches drafted after that), Andrew Cogliano, Rob Schremp, Marc-Antoine Pouliot, Jesse Niittymaki, Alexei Mikhnov...

Old
02-09-2013, 06:05 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
The Habs have not done anything in the playoffs since 1993.
difference right there.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Gonna "school" me right?
Yep.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:06 PM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Quote:

Holy crap!

They keep drafting 6'3+ forwards with like 5 points in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. Quite obvious they're obsessed with finding the next Lucic.

And their best young forward on Okalhoma this year? He's 5'9!

Old
02-09-2013, 07:39 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
difference right there.
No difference, a first round playoff exit is equivalent to a 9th place finish.

If you're not a legitimate contender, if you're just a tourist in the playoffs, then it's irrelevant.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

If you're not a legitimate contender, if you're just a tourist in the playoffs, then it's irrelevant.
This is not 1984, look at what 6th-7th-8th place teams have done since the lock out.
Teams like Montreal Phillie LA have gotten to the final 4, finals and won the cup.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Et le But

Quote:

It's hard to not improve when the bar is as low as it is for the Oilers.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Et le But

Quote:

So the Canucks, Bruins and Blackhawks are in the same position as the Sabres and Flames? Cool.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:29 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It's hard to not improve when the bar is as low as it is for the Oilers.
They spent several years not improving.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:38 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
So the Canucks, Bruins and Blackhawks are in the same position as the Sabres and Flames? Cool.
They're legitimate contenders and going through worthwhile seasons.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:52 PM
LeHab

Meanwhile Saku has now 13 pts and a league leading +11.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
Meanwhile Saku has now 13 pts and a league leading +11.
He's a smurf though. We need more tall guys, like Cole.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
He's a smurf though. We need more tall guys, like Cole.
Big difference between 5'7" and 5'10".

Further, a team can afford smurfs when it has Corey Perry, Daniel Winnick, Teemu Selanne, Ryan Getlzaf, and Bobby Ryan in the top-6.

Closed Thread