HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wpg-Pit trade

Old
02-09-2013, 05:35 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker14 View Post
Thumbs down from this Jets' fan.
LOL ... A 40-goal scorer and one of our best D prospects for a power forward that has had a 60-point season in his career. This is a huge thumbs down for Pittsburgh and Im a big fan of Kane's. That is a ridiculous idea for Pittsburgh.

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-09-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: not needed
OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

I'd love Evander on the Pens, but i don't see why they'd give up Neal for him. I'd certainly trade Harrington+ but this would only make the Pens worse in the present and future.

Harrington, Bennett +?

Jesus Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:00 PM
JetsHomer

Neal would not be a 40 goal guy in Winnipeg though. We have no play makers to feed him. Kane's gritty game fits Winnipeg better.

I suspect if you switched the players, they would put up numbers close to what the other posted. Kane with Malkin could easily hit 40, Neal with Jokinen is gonna put up probably a 30-30 season.

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:03 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Neal would not be a 40 goal guy in Winnipeg though. We have no play makers to feed him. Kane's gritty game fits Winnipeg better.

I suspect if you switched the players, they would put up numbers close to what the other posted. Kane with Malkin could easily hit 40, Neal with Jokinen is gonna put up probably a 30-30 season.
Stop it ... this forecasting ********. We have heard Kessel would hit 50 with Crosby; we have heard Kulemin would be a 30-40 goal guy with Malkin and now Kane turns in to a 40-goal guy with Malkin.

Why trade a 40-goal guy that is with Malkin AND one of our top D prospects for a guy that is a 25-goal, 60-point type of guy and could possibly if everything goes right hit 40 with Malkin? Makes absolute no sense. I wouldn't trade Neal for Kane straight up, let alone adding a second round pick for him.

You make no sense and are embarrassing yourself IMO.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:05 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
James Neal is Evander Kane's best-case upside. Christ...no.
A whole bunch of this.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:22 PM
mgd525

awful. Penguins add to this deal as well ? lol . I'd pay alot for Kane but trading Neal is stupid.

I'd be more than happy to trade 1st, 2 of our very good defense prospects + for him.

mgd525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

If there's one thing that the HF trade forum has taught me it's that apparently there isn't a single player in the entire league who isn't guaranteed to be a 40-50 goal scorer playing with Crosby or Malkin.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:31 PM
thelittleredbaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
If there's one thing that the HF trade forum has taught me it's that apparently there isn't a single player in the entire league who isn't guaranteed to be a 40-50 goal scorer playing with Crosby or Malkin.
the fact that colby armstrong scored alot of goals playing with crosby sais it all.

thelittleredbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittleredbaron View Post
the fact that colby armstrong scored alot of goals playing with crosby sais it all.
I guess that's why Kunitz and Dupuis are contenders for the Rocket Richard every season.

I believe Colby Armstrong's best season playing with Sid was something like 15 goals. I don't consider that "a lot." Seriously, not trying to be an ass here, but the whole "so and so would score 50 with Sid/Geno every season guaranteed" is getting kind of old at this point. For every Neal there's a Ponikarovsky.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:40 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittleredbaron View Post
Stop, his career high in Pittsburgh was 16 in less than 50 games and most of those goals WEREN'T scored with Crosby. Is 10 alot of goals? That is basically his career high with Sid.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:54 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Stop it ... this forecasting ********. We have heard Kessel would hit 50 with Crosby; we have heard Kulemin would be a 30-40 goal guy with Malkin and now Kane turns in to a 40-goal guy with Malkin.

Why trade a 40-goal guy that is with Malkin AND one of our top D prospects for a guy that is a 25-goal, 60-point type of guy and could possibly if everything goes right hit 40 with Malkin? Makes absolute no sense. I wouldn't trade Neal for Kane straight up, let alone adding a second round pick for him.

You make no sense and are embarrassing yourself IMO.
Neal's only year that was better than Kanes last season was after getting traded to Pittsburgh.

Kane got 30 goals last year with Alex Burmistrov as his center and kyle wellwood opposite, at age 20.

Before Neal got traded he had never gotten thirty goals or over 55 points which Kane did at 20. Neal was 23 when traded.

After getting to play with Malkin, the Hart trophy winner, he breaks out with a big season.

You need to factor in teams systems. Do you really think its unreasonable to think Kane would put up Neal numbers in Pitt, when he has already beat Neals best Dallas numbers?

Old
02-09-2013, 07:00 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Neal's only year that was better than Kanes last season was after getting traded to Pittsburgh.

Kane got 30 goals last year with Alex Burmistrov as his center and kyle wellwood opposite, at age 20.

Before Neal got traded he had never gotten thirty goals or over 55 points which Kane did at 20. Neal was 23 when traded.

After getting to play with Malkin, the Hart trophy winner, he breaks out with a big season.

You need to factor in teams systems. Do you really think its unreasonable to think Kane would put up Neal numbers in Pitt, when he has already beat Neals best Dallas numbers?
Look, it isn`t completely out of the question that Kane could put up Neal numbers in PIT, but the question remains, why are the Pens trading the guy who is already putting up Neal numbers PLUS to find out?

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Jules Winnfield
Top 6 wing please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Look, it isn`t completely out of the question that Kane could put up Neal numbers in PIT, but the question remains, why are the Pens trading the guy who is already putting up Neal numbers PLUS to find out?
Because this thread has went from a "this doesn't make sense for either team" trade to a "dick measuring contest about who is better. Neal or Kane?"

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:26 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Pittsburgh is not going to trade Kane for Neal in real life. None of the trades discussed here are going to happen in reality. This forum is for discussing relative values of players, and is that not what were doing?

Old
02-09-2013, 07:31 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

We are giving you the 40 goal scorer & have to add a prospect? How about if you even wanted Neal it would be Kane+

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:35 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
We are giving you the 40 goal scorer & have to add a prospect? How about if you even wanted Neal it would be Kane+
Pretty funny. Kane at 20 was better than Neal was ever before he turned 24, when he finally had a breakout year (while playing on a line with the Hart trophy winner)

Neal at 24 put up .5 goals per game while being centered by Malkin and playing on the hottest PP in the league. Kane at age 20 put up .40 goals per game being centered by Alex Burmistrov and with less PP time than Neal.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:38 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Because this thread has went from a "this doesn't make sense for either team" trade to a "dick measuring contest about who is better. Neal or Kane?"
Oh. Then why donīt we let them have that one. Or is there some sort of trophy involved?

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Jahodac

Neal has a lot of chemistry with Malkin, why would he be traded? Kane is a great player but the move is lateral if the Penguins considering they need ANOTHER winger and not a "better" winger.

Jahodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Nuck This

lol Jets fans saying no to this...lol Kane has some serious mental issues. If I were the Pens I wouldn't even do Neal straight up for him, let alone Harrington.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
To Pit: Evander Kane

To Wpg: James Neal + Scott Harrington
Yes, Pens are going to give up a 40 goal scorer in James Neal, of which they just signed a long term extension with and he's built chemistry with Malkin...and then for giggles, a shutdown defenseman that represented his country twice in WJC, is a leader on his junior team and the Pens get Evander Kane, a kid that is good in his own right, but not worth Neal alone, let alone him and a prospect.

Epic NO.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:

Neal had a good track record of scoring 20+ goals in every single season he's been in the NHL. It's easier to say he could score more given that he's consistently been 20+ his entire career with his career high being 27 in 2009-10.

It's beyond stupid for the Penguins to involve Neal in a trade for another winger when Shero's goal would be to add to the Pens wingers not a lateral move in terms of top 6 winger for another top 6 winger.

If the Pens were to go after Kane, the Jets would need to have a hard on for one of the Pens blueliners not named Kris Letang.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
lol Jets fans saying no to this...lol Kane has some serious mental issues. If I were the Pens I wouldn't even do Neal straight up for him, let alone Harrington.
I tend to think from his play on the ice that he's a victim of the same mentality that has people questioning Subban. They have their own idea of how they want to live their life off the ice. They have plenty of criticism in the off-season but watching Kane get better on the ice in a team context the critics seem surprisingly silent when they see him play three times a week.

And a bit OT, but to e fair I thought Kane would score 50 with Crosby, not Malkin. Just an insiders perspective on Kane's style. Not saying I think PIT should do this. My post got cherry picked a bit.

If we added a young defenseman like Postma or Redmond this trade wouldn't be too far fetched. All the power to Pens fans to keep the known quality though. Cheers.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:03 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
I tend to think from his play on the ice that he's a victim of the same mentality that has people questioning Subban. They have their own idea of how they want to live their life off the ice. They have plenty of criticism in the off-season but watching Kane get better on the ice in a team context the critics seem surprisingly silent when they see him play three times a week.

And a bit OT, but to e fair I thought Kane would score 50 with Crosby, not Malkin. Just an insiders perspective on Kane's style. Not saying I think PIT should do this. My post got cherry picked a bit.

If we added a young defenseman like Postma or Redmond this trade wouldn't be too far fetched. All the power to Pens fans to keep the known quality though. Cheers.
i still don't think that would be enough for Neal + Harrington. i don't think this offer would make sense for either side anyway, especially for the Pens. Neal is the type of player Evander Kane can be if he realizes his maximum potential.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

why the hell is pit adding?

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:35 PM
HooliganX2

This trade makes not sense for either team. Kane is the more talented player of the 2 and on the trade market would have the most value most likely. Neal is more valuable to the Pens though as he just had an amazing season playing with Malkin.

I think most people realize Neal would most likely not put up the same numbers on the Jets. But it's a gamble if Kane could put up comparable numbers on Pitt so Pitt would not trade Neal for Kane straight up.

As a fan of neither team I would prefer Kane to Neal. If I was a Pens fan I would prefer Neal because he has proven he can produce on their team.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote