HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Peter Regin: Chest Injury

Old
02-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieDavidThoreau View Post
what the hell is there to injure in your chest? Did he have a heart attack or something?
His implants got shifted

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:29 PM
delchief

Quote:
what the hell is there to injure in your chest? Did he have a heart attack or something?
This. When you start injuring yourself on little bumps and simple hockey plays it is you. It's not bad luck. Same deal with last year's shoulder injury. That was not a brutal hit. Look for yourselves....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPUrDZl_P8w

I get the awkward fall thing but how many awkward falls or weird bumps do you get before you start questioning the player's overall conditioning or health?

delchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Sovereign
Old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieDavidThoreau View Post

Is this a serious question?

Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:51 PM
HenrySpezzaThoreau
Out in the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHerb View Post
Is this a serious question?
lol the first question was semi-serious. The second one was not.

I'm just blown away because I've never heard of a player injuring their chest before. Only Peter Regin and possibly Pascal Leclaire could ever pull that off.

HenrySpezzaThoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:54 PM
The Reg Season SC
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by delchief View Post
This. When you start injuring yourself on little bumps and simple hockey plays it is you. It's not bad luck. Same deal with last year's shoulder injury. That was not a brutal hit. Look for yourselves....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPUrDZl_P8w

I get the awkward fall thing but how many awkward falls or weird bumps do you get before you start questioning the player's overall conditioning or health?
He's had a history of shoulder injuries

Last time I checked the chest is not a shoulder.

The Reg Season SC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:08 PM
delchief

Quote:
He's had a history of shoulder injuries
Totally agree. So am I supposed to be happy that a frequently injured player is out but it's not a shoulder injury?

He is a fragile player. Period. End of story. When a guy drops out of your lineup because he got bumped in the chest it is not good. It requires an unnatural juggling of lines and can be the difference between winning and losing a 1-0 game.

Peter Regin is not a tough player. I like his skill set but believe it to be utterly replaceable. When he plays against top-6 guys he looks overmatched. When he plays against bottom-6 guys he looks good until they remember that he's made of glass and slam into him a few times knocking him out of the game.

And lest you think me a Euro-hater I will say this. Alfie doesn't come out of the game because he's bumped in the chest. DaCosta got rocked by Phaneuf in a game last year and played the next shift. Silfverberg blocked a shot with his hand two games ago and valiantly played the remainder of his shift.

This isn't a Euro thing. It's a toughness thing. Marginal skill with zero ability to take a hit is not the type of player I want on the team.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:12 PM
John Holmes
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Probably a bruised sternum.

Not pleasant. You basically can't move your upper body without shooting pain.

A shot to the chest almost killed Pronger. These things happen, it's a freak injury that should have zero impact on his shoulder.

That is, assuming that they aren't lying about the injury.

John Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:36 PM
We Want the Cup 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post

A shot to the chest almost killed Pronger. These things happen, it's a freak injury that should have zero impact on his shoulder.

Which you have to take with a grain of salt these days. Lats out with whiplash (not a concussion), Zibanejad out with the flu, I mean wisdom teeth surgery(not a concussion), Spezza out with an upper body injury, just kidding he's gonna have back surgery. The team doesn't reveal injuries until they absolutely must. Just part of the game nowadays.

I would guess that it's more likely to be his shoulder than anything else at this point, but I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

Seriously though, hit the god damn gym Regin. It's your job!!! The guy loses 90% of any one on one battle, it's so frustrating to watch.

We Want the Cup 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
You're right. Everyone who blocks a shot is immediately injured and out of the game. I forgot hockey players are made of glass.

It. Is. Not. Bad. Luck.

Are you guys Danish? Are you related to Regin? How many injuries after a handful of games are you willing to accept before you see a pattern?

I like Regin. Talented guy. And every time they rely on him he gets injured. Three years runnin' now.....
You take a slapper to the chest and tell me it doesn't hurt...

Get real kiddo

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post

You are absolutely right about how a bruised or cracked sternum feels, it truly is an extremely painful injury.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post

Get real kiddo
You don't block shots playing NHL13.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Droc
Classless

Quote:
It is not bad luck. It is an injury prone player. How many times do we have to get bit with this guy? They put him at center to boot making it harder to replace him when he's out.

Maybe he needs to hit the gym a little harder and smarter. This is not bad luck.
Not sure if you know him outside of your TV, but Regin is a very solid guy. He may lack height, but to say he needs to hit the gym more is just ignorant. There is a reason that after everything he still gets a shot and its not his personality. He has worked really hard to get back into game shape, he just has horrible luck./

Droc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:30 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
NHL 94 Neil Brady was top shot blocker.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:32 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post

Get real kiddo
Are all the posters tonight under 10?

02-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want the Cup 2010 View Post
Which you have to take with a grain of salt these days. Lats out with whiplash (not a concussion), Zibanejad out with the flu, I mean wisdom teeth surgery(not a concussion), Spezza out with an upper body injury, just kidding he's gonna have back surgery. The team doesn't reveal injuries until they absolutely must. Just part of the game nowadays.

I would guess that it's more likely to be his shoulder than anything else at this point, but I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

Seriously though, hit the god damn gym Regin. It's your job!!! The guy loses 90% of any one on one battle, it's so frustrating to watch.
Not sure where this Regin doesn't work out rumour started, but it isn't fact.

Hitting the gym doesn't prevent joint or bone injuries, to suggest otherwise is inane.

Cowen has had a knee injury and a hip injury, tell me he doesn't hit the gym.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
NHL 94 Neil Brady was top shot blocker.
Are you streaming the game tonight Main?

Old
02-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Quo
storms in my knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Not sure where this Regin doesn't work out rumour started, but it isn't fact.
Hitting the gym doesn't prevent joint or bone injuries, to suggest otherwise is inane.

Cowen has had a knee injury and a hip injury, tell me he doesn't hit the gym.
Somewhere in the last couple pages I'd wager.

Quo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:42 PM
delchief

It is not bad luck.

Quote:
Not sure if you know him outside of your TV, but Regin is a very solid guy. He may lack height, but to say he needs to hit the gym more is just ignorant. There is a reason that after everything he still gets a shot and its not his personality. He has worked really hard to get back into game shape, he just has horrible luck./
He doesn't "lack height". He's listed at 6'2" and 200 lbs. But that has to be the most fragile 6'2" I've ever seen.

It is not bad luck guys. Start saying it to yourselves so it sinks in. This is a player who gets injured all the time but who doesn't play a grinding hard-hitting game. It's just who he is. He should be playing in the SEL or Finnish league. The NHL is probably not for him long term. Go back and watch the Joey Crabb hit.

It is not bad luck. It is not bad luck. It is not..... seriously, do we have to have some of you guys write it on the blackboard 100 times????

Old
02-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Stylizer1

vCash: 50
this just in his chest injury is due to lack of heart.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Zorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want the Cup 2010 View Post

So you're implying that had he hit the gym harder, he would have had bigger chest muscles which would have cushioned the blow of the puck?

This is all assuming that he was injured blocking a shot...

This isn't him being injury prone. Your comment is just as stupid as the Sportsnet people using the Lupul injury as examples of increased injuries due to the compressed schedule. People get hit by the puck, and sometimes it breaks or injures something. That's just dumb luck. Has nothing to do with being injury prone.

Injury prone is constantly pulling muscles, or having joint issues, or being more susceptible to concussions. Being hit by a puck is not injury prone. No amount of gym hittery will prevent those types of injuries.

Unless, are you a member of our rival board...brah? Seeing that you assume that hitting the gym prevents all injuries...brah...am I doing that right?

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:00 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Are you streaming the game tonight Main?
Yeah

Old
02-09-2013, 07:02 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Poor guy. String together two solid games for the first time in over a year and get injured.
That's usually how it works with him.. I thought he was playing great hockey last year before he got hurt.

And so the plague continues.

QuietOnTheFront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Caje

Quote:
It is not bad luck.

He doesn't "lack height". He's listed at 6'2" and 200 lbs. But that has to be the most fragile 6'2" I've ever seen.

It is not bad luck guys. Start saying it to yourselves so it sinks in. This is a player who gets injured all the time but who doesn't play a grinding hard-hitting game. It's just who he is. He should be playing in the SEL or Finnish league. The NHL is probably not for him long term. Go back and watch the Joey Crabb hit.

It is not bad luck. It is not bad luck. It is not..... seriously, do we have to have some of you guys write it on the blackboard 100 times????
Give it a ****ing rest already, you're embarrassing yourself. You have no idea as to the context of the hit. This is all just speculation.

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:24 PM
delchief

It is not bad luck.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:26 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman