HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

So when does the real story come out?

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 12:55 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
So when does the real story come out?

Now that the Comrie-era is over, will Oiler fans get to actually hear the whole story?

Old
12-16-2003, 12:58 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Now that the Comrie-era is over, will Oiler fans get to actually hear the whole story?
Winter promised Bryn and The Team 1260am here in Edmonton that after Comrie was traded he would settle things once and for all and let the public know the truth. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old
12-16-2003, 01:01 PM
copperandblue

Oh god I hope so.

I have gotten an almost perverse enjoyment out of bashing Comrie and Winter and the idea of hearing the what the big problem was and all the subsequent screwing over each side did to each other almost makes me feel like a kid at Christmas... mind you in a week....

The Team said the other week that Winter promised to go on the show and disclose all. He also apparently promised that a phone in portion from fans to ask Winter whatever they wanted too, would be ok by him.

Old
12-16-2003, 01:09 PM
Digger12

If THE TRUTH comes out, it doesn't sound like it'll be Lowe that spills his guts.

I'm sure Team Comrie will be more than willing though.

Old
12-16-2003, 01:14 PM
elphy101

Nope,

Rich Winter just told the Team, he will not be talking to the media today. Maybe tomorrow.

Old
12-16-2003, 01:14 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

im listening to the team right now, they said winter will not issue a statement until wednesday.

Old
12-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Silver

Winter will probably let us know the Lowe likes to torture and kill little puppies in his spare time, and seeing as how Mike is an animal lover (I think you all know what I mean here...) he just couldn't stand for it anymore and demanded a trade.

Old
12-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Fayne Gretzky

This could really make a great book, and add revenue to the Oilers organization

Old
12-16-2003, 02:21 PM
aki

I expect Winter has better things to do right now than talk to the media. Like negotiate a contract for Comrie with Philly. I do hope that he does share the gory details at some point though.

Old
12-16-2003, 03:15 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aki
I expect Winter has better things to do right now than talk to the media. Like negotiate a contract for Comrie with Philly. I do hope that he does share the gory details at some point though.
Maybe he's busy demanding a trade from Philly because he won't be anything more than a second line centre and the coach doesn't know how to use him effectively.

Old
12-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
Maybe he's busy demanding a trade from Philly because he won't be anything more than a second line centre and the coach doesn't know how to use him effectively.
Haha that's actually a very funny point.. he whined about how Lowe considered his upside as a 2nd line centerman and now he is on a team with Roenick, Primeau and Handzus..

Old
12-16-2003, 03:28 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i would think Winter would talk after comrie has been signed by the Flyers

Old
12-16-2003, 04:51 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
i would think Winter would talk after comrie has been signed by the Flyers
Sure, but is he going to say anything we'll want to hear? We'll never get the "real" story, and even if we do, how will we know it?

Old
12-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Hemmer

As far as I understand, Winter and MC brokered a deal with Murray without the knowledge of Kevin Lowe (both a contract and a trade - is this tampering?) and offered it up to him, basically saying "Sign here please." Lowe didn't like what was being offered, so he decided to throw an interesting and bizarre curve ball into the mix, one which he knew would blow any chance of a deal with Anaheim, which is where MC wanted to go and is a strategically bad destination for him to be.

As Lowe expected, MC said no...but the press it caused, and Lowe's subsequent comments on what he considered fair value at that point, brought a number of calls from other teams, ala Philly.

Lowe and Clarke talked. Clarke saw something shiny that other people wanted and went for it, then scuttled back to his cave. Lowe makes off with their best young D not named Pitkanen and two potential NHL players in 3-5 years. Clarke gets a skilled, goalscoring center, with questionable attitude, on a team with 3 centers most consider better than Comrie anyway. Comrie has no contract, has to play for Ken Hitchcock, and is 3rd or 4th on the depth chart, unless Primeau is moved to a 5 Million checking role.

Yep. MC is probably pretty mad right now. He probably has no desire to sign in Philly. Lowe fire-trucked him nicely, helped the Oilers prospect pool and put Comrie with Hitchcock. Oil and Water.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:47 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
As far as I understand, Winter and MC brokered a deal with Murray without the knowledge of Kevin Lowe (both a contract and a trade - is this tampering?) and offered it up to him, basically saying "Sign here please." Lowe didn't like what was being offered, so he decided to throw an interesting and bizarre curve ball into the mix, one which he knew would blow any chance of a deal with Anaheim, which is where MC wanted to go and is a strategically bad destination for him to be.

As Lowe expected, MC said no...but the press it caused, and Lowe's subsequent comments on what he considered fair value at that point, brought a number of calls from other teams, ala Philly.

Lowe and Clarke talked. Clarke saw something shiny that other people wanted and went for it, then scuttled back to his cave. Lowe makes off with their best young D not named Pitkanen and two potential NHL players in 3-5 years. Clarke gets a skilled, goalscoring center, with questionable attitude, on a team with 3 centers most consider better than Comrie anyway. Comrie has no contract, has to play for Ken Hitchcock, and is 3rd or 4th on the depth chart, unless Primeau is moved to a 5 Million checking role.

Yep. MC is probably pretty mad right now. He probably has no desire to sign in Philly. Lowe fire-trucked him nicely, helped the Oilers prospect pool and put Comrie with Hitchcock. Oil and Water.

Decent, comical read.

"Clarke saw something shiny..." Classic.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:17 PM
Oilhitch

I have a feeling that when the "truth" actually comes out, Comrie, is going to come off looking like a bigger tool that we already think. His stance is going to be so minor and petty. Too bad Philly doesnt play in Edmonton this year. I was already practicing booing for a long period of time

Old
12-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

get this, first winter and comrie postponed their press conference til wednesday, and now, they've cancelled it, instead, they are making media types book phone interviews for the "truth". How much you wanna bet Robin Browlee was given the 9am slot.

It looks like Winter does not want to divulge any information until there is a contact in place, could it be that he feels that the reason behind the hold out wont hold water with B.Clarke and therefor will create more problems.

I'd love to see Comrie hold out in Philly, with Clarke and Hitch, he better be on his best behavior or he is gonna get swallowed whole.

Old
12-16-2003, 11:16 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
You're not actually under the delusion that you'll ever hear the full truthful story are you?

Old
12-17-2003, 04:53 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
You want the truth?

You want the truth??

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Old
12-17-2003, 06:20 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
You're not actually under the delusion that you'll ever hear the full truthful story are you?
I never said the full truthful story...

I said the whole story, meaning both sides give their account as to what happened.

At least we can have an idea.

Closed Thread