Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

line combos

Old
07-05-2006, 03:31 PM
natural420*

vCash: 500
line combos

so with our forwards pretty much set besides dumping a couple hopefully how do you all see it playing out best??

heres my lines

huselius-tanguay-iginla
amonte-langkow-friesen
lundmark-lombardi-kobasew
nilson-yelle-mccarty

ritchie
mcdonald
simon
leclerc

plus iam hoping that the lombardi line can turn themselves into our #2 scoring line by midway through the season. all three of them have the potential for it and i think there due for a big year, why not have them all together.
iam also assuming we ship off/lose leclerc and simon by seasons start too. think anyones dumb enough to package them for a decent backup??

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 04:15 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

I'd like to meet the GM stupid enough to give Calgary a backup for one of the three UFA's Sutter will not be re-signing.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 05:22 PM
kidda37

tanguay-langkow-iginla
huselius-lundmark-kobasew
friesen-Lombardi-amonte
nilson-yelle-mccarty

kidda37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 05:49 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Didn't the article about the Tanguay extension say he'll start the season at center? I'd go with this:

Friesen-Tanguay-Iginla
Huselius-Lombardi-Kobasew
Lundmark-Lombardi-Amonte
Nilson-Yelle-McCarty

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 05:54 PM
cooksond

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural420 View Post
so with our forwards pretty much set besides dumping a couple hopefully how do you all see it playing out best??

heres my lines

huselius-tanguay-iginla
amonte-langkow-friesen
nilson-yelle-mccarty

ritchie
mcdonald
simon
leclerc

plus iam hoping that the lombardi line can turn themselves into our #2 scoring line by midway through the season. all three of them have the potential for it and i think there due for a big year, why not have them all together.
iam also assuming we ship off/lose leclerc and simon by seasons start too. think anyones dumb enough to package them for a decent backup??

I'm not sure I'd play the 3 youngsters together on a line. Personally, i"d probably move obasew to the 2nd line, Friesen to LW on the 2nd line and have Amonte play with Lombardi and Lundmark. Didn't Lundmark and McCarty play toegther (and play fairly well together) at the end of last year? Or was that Simon? No matter what the lines are, this is certainly a team capable of scoring a lot more goals than last year.

cooksond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 06:00 PM
guzzy

Quote:

heres my lines

huselius-tanguay-iginla
amonte-langkow-friesen
nilson-yelle-mccarty

ritchie
mcdonald
simon
leclerc

i think nillson will move up to the third and lundmark to the fourth. You want more defensive accountability on the lines.

guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Elvs

Tanguay - Langkow - Iginla
Huselius - Lombardi - Amonte
Friesen - Lundmark - Kobasew
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty

Elvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Chris

Tanguay - Lombardi - Iginla
Huselius - Langkow - Kobasew
Friesen - Lundmark - Amonte
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty

It seems reasonable enough, right?

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 06:15 PM
cooksond

Quote:

heres my lines

huselius-tanguay-iginla
amonte-langkow-friesen
nilson-yelle-mccarty

ritchie
mcdonald
simon
leclerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Tanguay - Lombardi - Iginla
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty

It seems reasonable enough, right?

I'd be fine with those lines, excpet Sutter has already siad that Tanguay will be playing center this season.

cooksond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Matsi
got paws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
Huselius - Lombardi - Amonte
Friesen - Lundmark - Kobasew
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
I'd go with that too

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Refuse
Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Didn't the article about the Tanguay extension say he'll start the season at center? I'd go with this:

Friesen-Tanguay-Iginla
Huselius-Lombardi-Kobasew
Lundmark-Lombardi-Amonte
Nilson-Yelle-McCarty
Anyone placing Friesen top six either has a man crush on him or haven't watched him play for a couple of years.
Lombardi double-shifting?

Refuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Dallas Flames Fan

Huselius-Tanguay-Iginla
Lombardi- Langkow-Kobasew
Friesen Lundmark-Amonte
Nilson-Yelle-McCarty

Dallas Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:55 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refuse View Post
Anyone placing Friesen top six either has a man crush on him or haven't watched him play for a couple of years.
Lombardi double-shifting?
My bad, the 2nd line C should be Langkow.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:59 PM
kruezer

I think I would go like this right now....

Lombardi - Tanguay - Iginla
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Ritchie, Nystrom

Hamrlik - Phaneuf
Regehr - Zyuzin
Warrener - Ference
Regehr

Kiprusoff
Krahn.

A backup goalie might still be in order.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer View Post
I think I would go like this right now....

Lombardi - Tanguay - Iginla
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Ritchie, Nystrom
You must have read my mind because that's exactly what I formulated in my mind after hearing of the Friesen pick up. I think Lombardi could flourish playing on the left side with a guy like Tanguay setting things up. And shifting Huselius down a line gives the Top 6 a little more balance I think. That third line has some great offensive potential, and the 4th line would be a great shutdown line.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:14 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden View Post
You must have read my mind because that's exactly what I formulated in my mind after hearing of the Friesen pick up. I think Lombardi could flourish playing on the left side with a guy like Tanguay setting things up. And shifting Huselius down a line gives the Top 6 a little more balance I think. That third line has some great offensive potential, and the 4th line would be a great shutdown line.
I think it would work out well, and it fits my agenda of getting Lombardi on Tanguay and Iginla's line . I think it provides some nice scoring depth though, much more than we've had in a lot of years.

If Friesen really does step up and play on the top line (which I am not betting on) then the Lombo-Lundmark-Amonte line could be re-united as well.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer View Post
I think it would work out well, and it fits my agenda of getting Lombardi on Tanguay and Iginla's line . I think it provides some nice scoring depth though, much more than we've had in a lot of years.

If Friesen really does step up and play on the top line (which I am not betting on) then the Lombo-Lundmark-Amonte line could be re-united as well.
i never saw where sutter stated Tanguay WILL play center... in the interview i saw he said he can play center AND wing... I fully expect Langkow to be centering Iginla and Tanguay...

Huselius - Lundmark - Kobasew
Friesen - Lombardi - Amonte
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty

or

Amonte - Lundmark - Kobasew (they played great together until Lundmark sustained his eye injury)
Friesen - Lombardi - Huselius
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:08 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I am from Philly and a secondary calgary fan, but I seem to remember the little bit I saw and read from last year the Langkow and Huselius had some chemistry together and Lombardi had some with Iginla. I think those top two lines make the most sense with Friesen able to step in on the top line if it doesnt work with Lombardi.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:10 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalunatik1979 View Post
i never saw where sutter stated Tanguay WILL play center... in the interview i saw he said he can play center AND wing... I fully expect Langkow to be centering Iginla and Tanguay...

TSN when they annouced Tanguay's contract.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Nothing is set in stone, but from the way Sutter is talking, it sounds more like Tanguay will be at center, at least to start....

Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Body Checker

Kruezer's lineup was the best. And I think we'll see another goalie brought in that is not a shoo in for the backup job but will compete with Krahn for it. Also:

D - maybe Giordano beats out Regehr for # 7

F - Tartukhin (if signed) takes Ritchie's spot. Ritchie is then dealt or placed on waivers.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Here's what I'd go with

Tanguay---Lundmark---Iginla
Lundmark will take the faceoffs but Tanguay would play centre (if you follow me). I remember seeing several Avs posters mentioning that his biggest weakness at C was faceoffs (and his % would agree). As for why Lundmark, he could finally have his year playing with these guys, he's good at faceoffs and can muck it up in the corners and in front of the net making room for Iginla and Tanguay to do their thing (moreso than Lombardi for example).
Huselius---Langkow---Kobasew
Langkow is more valuble actually playing centre which is why I'd have him on the second line (I'd say him Tangs and Iggy would be the 1st PP line). With Huselius' set up ability and Kobasew's goalscoring ability, I'm thinking these two will have a good time together, Langkow being a balanced option in the middle and he could see more chances not ahving to face opposing teams top lines.
Friesen---Lombardi---Amonte
This line could be extremely potent or grossly ineffective, but Friesen and Lombardi could work well together with their speed and perhaps facing much weaker defenders with (at least one) gifted offensive player could help him re-find a scoring touch. My biggest concern is that they might not be able to fill the role our previous third lines have fit so well.
Nilson---Yelle---McCarty
As good a shutdown line as any in the league, I shouldn't really have to explain this one.

As for extras, Ritchie is he best option, keep Nystrom and the other prospects down unless there's an injury.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Captaincanada80

Forwards:
Huselius -- Tanguay -- Iginla
Friesen -- Langkow -- Amonte
Lundmark - Lombardi - Kobasew
Nilson -- Yelle ----- McCarty

Extras: Taratukin, Richie, Nystrom

Defence:
Regehr --- Phaneuf
Hammer -- Zyuzin
Warrener - Ference

Honestly, Sutter said he may not be done yet... Looks pretty deep to me. The only additional move I could see being made is a Backup G via UFA or trade. I love seeing action in the off season, I would prefur Sutter to keep 2.5M in cap space to turn it into 7.5M at the Trade Deadline. It makes no sense to Obtain another F or D through the UFA market and have to sit a Nilson or Ference. All the individuals on the roster have proven to play at a high level and unless sutter would be upgrading through trade, I do not see any further changes being made. Congratulations on building a franchise that will not only be competitve next year... But for many years to come. I am proud to be a Calgarian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 129.jpg‎ (860.2 KB, 9 views)

Captaincanada80 is offline   Reply With Quote