HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Genious: Sami V hype train. Sing along here!

Old
02-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
Come on Eenok. Vatanen is a borderline NHL prospect right now. I personally think that Anaheim should trade Vatanen as he could easily fetch a third round pick in a trade for his AHL play. His stock will drop fast from now on as he gets more chances in the NHL. A couple of years from now he will most probably be playing in Europe.
This is about as ridiculous as those thinking he's ready now. Kid has got great talent, needs more muscle, which means time inevitably, and he'll be ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
Many defensemen have established themselves even younger. Fowler and Karlsson for example. How many examples are there of defensemen making the NHL over 23 years old and becoming top four D. I know there are many of those who make their way to the bottom pairing at older age, Vatanen just doesn't fit well to defensive bottom pairings. It's either top four or off to Europe for Vatanen.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5&postcount=66

Rafalski actually had somewhat similar career in FEL.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:29 PM
eenok*

vatanen showd superatletics also while in anaheim (3games 3wins)

no errors, did nothing wrong. no misstakes. should have played weak,done errors like sbisa and lydman ? these do misstakes all the time. wonder...what do these have to do except misstakes all the time...to be sent to siberia=? (norfolk)

tragedy in anaheim. i feel sorry for the big man (vatanen)

eenok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post

no errors, did nothing wrong. no misstakes. should have played weak,done errors like sbisa and lydman ? these do misstakes all the time. wonder...what do these have to do except misstakes all the time...to be sent to siberia=? (norfolk)

This might be the problem. You can't even watch Vatanen and recognize mistakes when he makes them. There were a number of -very- obvious mistakes he made. If you didn't see them you weren't watching, or didn't want to see them.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:36 PM
eenok*

watch again...one misstake in last game.

sbisa,lydman do misstakes ALL THE TIME. dont tell me these guys are great for team

Old
02-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

I've said my piece. If you can't even admit he's made some mistakes, you're living in a dream land.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:48 PM
eenok*

hes done some but hes fast and can repair much. different league than sbisa and lydman.

sbisa and lydman do misstakes all the time..why no result?

last season these 2 did as well as one can do (playing bad dfense), im sorry no cup w these guys...team can collapse . still very much talent in team. also last year but DIDNT MAKE EVEM PLAYOFF. I saw it happen...i knew what was wrong but team,coaches ignored the facts

Old
02-09-2013, 05:50 PM
eenok*

i ..suggest spjourn...put sbisa and lydman under glass tonight!

Old
02-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Vatanen is in a different league. It's called the AHL.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:55 PM
AngelDuck

I can (kinda) understand the Sbisa hate a little. Even I get a little frusturated watching him get beat wide all the time. But your hate for Lydman is just bizarre. That guy has been a rock defensively this year. Plus, he's from your home country. Did he kick your dog or something?

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:07 PM
eenok*

vatanen is better than lydman in every aspect. i dont understand vatanen is bad in defense...fast,smart...u dont understand how good he solves a big defenseproblem! hes so smart u dont see the danger! hes so fast yes..an smart. fast skates,fast hands, strong etc

Old
02-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:

Quote:
vatanen is better than lydman in every aspect. i dont understand vatanen is bad in defense...fast,smart...u dont understand how good he solves a big defenseproblem! hes so smart u dont see the danger! hes so fast yes..an smart. fast skates,fast hands, strong etc
Please?

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:51 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
i ..suggest spjourn...put sbisa and lydman under glass tonight!
Ok, can we call troll yet? He purposely spelled Sojourn wrong, the name is right there! The only way I can see someone actually think all this and misspell all this even when its a different language is if he's 8 year old and actually from Finland.

mighty all the way is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Rici

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I can (kinda) understand the Sbisa hate a little. Even I get a little frusturated watching him get beat wide all the time. But your hate for Lydman is just bizarre. That guy has been a rock defensively this year. Plus, he's from your home country. Did he kick your dog or something?
It is actually bizarre to see Lydman playing in NHL and not Vatanen. It is bizarre if you look from the European point of view. We had a possibility to see a number of NHL players (like Jamie McBain, Stephane Robidas, Alec Martinez, Kris Russel, Jason Demers, Philip Larsen and Erik Karlsson) in SM-liiga and other European leagues this year. And this makes it even more weird to hear that Vatanen has not been ready for NHL.

The difference MUST be the rink size.

Only Karlsson was clearly ahead of Vatanen if I compare all of the NHL defenders in SM-liiga this year. Larsen and Russell were also good. But I would say that majority of the NHL defenders were far below Sami's level.

It is notable that those NHL defenders who played a good lockout season in Finland were all rather small players.

Rici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

The difference is much more than rink size. There is far more skill, and especially speed and size, in the NHL. That's a huge adjustment, especially for a small man.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
The difference is much more than rink size. There is far more skill, and especially speed and size, in the NHL. That's a huge adjustment, especially for a small man.
Pretty much. Vatanen was probably used to being the fastest and most talented player on the ice. That isn't the case in the NHL. He isn't that much faster than everyone, or that much more talented anymore. I think some experience in the NA game, and a bit more strength will go a long way.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:25 PM
eenok*

sojourn...did you see that situation when lydman nr 32? tried to send puck out of the zoun , had all the time to do it...failed...result : long session in anaheim zoun

lydman to siberia now?

Old
02-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
sojourn...did you see that situation when lydman nr 32? tried to send puck out of the zoun , had all the time to do it...failed...result : long session in anaheim zoun

lydman to siberia now?
Did you see Vatanen get out-muscled multiple times when he was in the lineup. On one particular occasion Joe Thornton brushed him aside as if he was a twelve year old girl.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Rici

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Pretty much. Vatanen was probably used to being the fastest and most talented player on the ice. That isn't the case in the NHL. He isn't that much faster than everyone, or that much more talented anymore. I think some experience in the NA game, and a bit more strength will go a long way.
Nooo. He was never among the fastest players here. Far from that, but one of the most talented yes. Read my post again. I made a comparison to those NHL defenders who played here in Finland. Some of them are stars in NHL but they were far behind best players here.

You should have seen some of the NHL defenders here this winter. They were really slow or somewhat lost all the time. It was disappointment for many here.

It is not only about the defenders. In my team we had a possibility to follow NHL offensemen like Rich Peverley and Lars Eller. Eller did quite well but Peverley was disappointment. Many better players continue to play here and Rich and others play there over the ocean. And this will remain to be the situation.

Rici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

This isn't a GDT.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
second st louis goal now...sbisa had chanche to put puck out of zoun>failed

result:...pressure and goal!
Lovejoy actually. And Vatanen would get murdered by this Blues lineup. I see you conveniently didn't respond to my other post.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Papaspud
Bring on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Did you see Vatanen get out-muscled multiple times when he was in the lineup. On one particular occasion Joe Thornton brushed him aside as if he was a twelve year old girl.
That's a blatant lie!!!
Thornton would never brush a 12 year old girl aside.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Heh. Heh. Heh!

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:34 AM
Finnpin

eenok, stop faking...we all know you can write better english. Joke's over...not funny anymore.

For some Finns (Jyväskyläfanarmy) it's hard to face a simple fact that you need size and strenght in NHL. That's why some players make a long career in NHL even though if they weren't superstars in Finland/Europe. With Vatanen's size you just don't walk in and contribute immediately...let's give him some time and hopefully Sami understands that also.

Last edited by Finnpin: 02-10-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:24 AM
gogo78

If you are player like Vatanen you just can not skate around 0+0 outputs. Let's hope that our new "Lovetoy" give us more pleasure.

gogo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:58 AM
hirawl
Used Register

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Am I the only one who feels bad that we're all ridiculing what clearly appears to be a child who has yet to master a difficult language?
Nope. That eenok dude is the real deal. VataNIST is just someone joking around posting in eenok style. Sometimes hitting the sweet spot, mostly not. IMO that is. Many find him amusing as well.

Neither of them are defo a minor.

hirawl is offline   Reply With Quote