HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2013, 06:10 PM
  #301
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
No, it comes from the coach. When players lose their faith in the system, disaster strikes.

This is a totally different team than with Lemaire. Or with Richards. This has nothing to do with the other two coaches. Actually, the Wild didn't even "underperform" back in the days of those two. They performed the way they we're capable of, because the team was bad. Now it isn't, and the Wild have to find a coach that meets the expectations.
Hitchcock should be free any day now. Has a larger, more talented team that's been together longer and have lost three in a row by big margins.

rynryn is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 06:15 PM
  #302
hokijanari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Hitchcock should be free any day now. Has a larger, more talented team that's been together longer and have lost three in a row by big margins.
You're so smart.

All of you guys have to be able to look behind the scoreboard. And when you look behind the Wild's BAD scoreboard, you find even worse things...

hokijanari is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 06:25 PM
  #303
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
You're so smart.

All of you guys have to be able to look behind the scoreboard. And when you look behind the Wild's BAD scoreboard, you find even worse things...
they have three more points than us in the standings. I think it's fair to say St. Louis had much higher expectations laid on them than this Wild team did. There's got to be something ugly behind the blue's scoreboard, too, right? A team that stacked, that big, shouldn't be that close to us in the standings right now because we're just plain awful.

rynryn is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 06:48 PM
  #304
hokijanari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
they have three more points than us in the standings. I think it's fair to say St. Louis had much higher expectations laid on them than this Wild team did. There's got to be something ugly behind the blue's scoreboard, too, right? A team that stacked, that big, shouldn't be that close to us in the standings right now because we're just plain awful.
As expected, you failed to understand my point. I didn't say you have to look behind the Blues' scoreboard. I haven't seen enough games from the Blues, so I can't say if they're playing bad or not at the moment. You can lose a game 6-1, but it doesn't tell you everything. What if your goalie can't catch a thing in the first period and you're down 3-0. Then players frustrate and it's game over, no matter how well you play in the first.

Or. You can lose a game 3-1, which seems like a pretty close game. But actually one of the goalies stood on his head and that's why the game was that close. Meanwhile the rest of the team got ran over. Sounds like a game that the Wild played in Anaheim, eh?

What I'm saying is that the 4-5-1 record of the Wild actually flatters the team. The play itself has been total crap since the beginning. In the season opener it was the first PP unit that won the game for the Wild. I think beyond that the Avs were on the driver's seat. And that's the way it has been all season.

Let's hope the direction changes tonight...

hokijanari is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:02 PM
  #305
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
As expected, you failed to understand my point. I didn't say you have to look behind the Blues' scoreboard. I haven't seen enough games from the Blues, so I can't say if they're playing bad or not at the moment. You can lose a game 6-1, but it doesn't tell you everything. What if your goalie can't catch a thing in the first period and you're down 3-0. Then players frustrate and it's game over, no matter how well you play in the first.

Or. You can lose a game 3-1, which seems like a pretty close game. But actually one of the goalies stood on his head and that's why the game was that close. Meanwhile the rest of the team got ran over. Sounds like a game that the Wild played in Anaheim, eh?

What I'm saying is that the 4-5-1 record of the Wild actually flatters the team. The play itself has been total crap since the beginning. In the season opener it was the first PP unit that won the game for the Wild. I think beyond that the Avs were on the driver's seat. And that's the way it has been all season.

Let's hope the direction changes tonight...
i didn't miss your point. I do not agree that the Wild have played poorly all of the time, and watching other teams around the league actually makes me feel better about how we're doing. I don't feel great about it--I'd much rather be at the top of the conference standings--but other skilled teams have been looking just as bad in stretches as we have, with no apparent reason, after having watched them play a great game. Fire this guy, trade this guy, strip the captaincy from this guy...it's all over-reaction. They're already moving rapidly into the progressive Fixing the Problem timeline by making pretty large changes in lines--a problem that is usually sorted by the end of preseason or shortly thereafter. And to that sources have said certain players are "On the Block" which would indicate that they are also actively attempting personnel changes, and you need partners for that so that is rarely an immediate fix. Had this been a full season we wouldn't have seen juggling on this scale yet. As it is, we're addressing the problems at the rate I'd expect for a truncated one.

rynryn is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:10 PM
  #306
hokijanari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i didn't miss your point. I do not agree that the Wild have played poorly all of the time, and watching other teams around the league actually makes me feel better about how we're doing.
Well then we've been watching different games..

But let's hope the Wild will take a step forward tonight. Because I like Yeo, I really do. He's a good guy and I would love to watch him succeed. But in hockey you sometimes have to put the emotions aside. It's the score that matters.

hokijanari is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:47 PM
  #307
hokijanari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Anyone else joining the bandwagon??

hokijanari is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:59 PM
  #308
GORGO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BABBITT, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
How can the players respect this guy? You don't have to sit or get demoted if you have a certain name or make a certain amount of money?.Wow!!...How does Ryan Suter continue to get a regular shift? This guy is Aweful.. Plays with Zero passion- Hasn't thrown a check since he's been here. What message is Yeosy sending?

GORGO is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:23 AM
  #309
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,524
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORGO View Post
How can the players respect this guy? You don't have to sit or get demoted if you have a certain name or make a certain amount of money?.Wow!!...How does Ryan Suter continue to get a regular shift? This guy is Aweful.. Plays with Zero passion- Hasn't thrown a check since he's been here. What message is Yeosy sending?
Those 2 assists last night were key


Last edited by BigT2002: 02-10-2013 at 07:50 AM.
BigT2002 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:53 AM
  #310
MK9
Registered User
 
MK9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Andover, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
Anyone else joining the bandwagon??
No. Most people have better sense than that.

MK9 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 09:45 AM
  #311
Sportserie
Registered User
 
Sportserie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OH/PA/MN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,846
vCash: 500
I feel Yeo coached last night. He knew to get Seto in there for those last moments, he sensed his goal was coming just like so many of us did. He also probably helped Granlund with that healthy scratch because he had a much, much better game last night.

Sportserie is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 09:55 AM
  #312
Casper
30 goal grinder
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORGO View Post
How can the players respect this guy? You don't have to sit or get demoted if you have a certain name or make a certain amount of money?.Wow!!...How does Ryan Suter continue to get a regular shift? This guy is Aweful.. Plays with Zero passion- Hasn't thrown a check since he's been here. What message is Yeosy sending?
Your crazy. Try focusing on Suter for just a couple of shifts. Watch how much poise and control the guy has. Yes, he has had a rough adjustment but in the games I have watched (Nashville and Pheonix) the guy has been a treat to watch. I will be happy to have him and Brodin as our top pairing for years to come.

Casper is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 11:19 AM
  #313
DeuceMN
Really?
 
DeuceMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chi-Town, Il
Country: United States
Posts: 1,993
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORGO View Post
How can the players respect this guy? You don't have to sit or get demoted if you have a certain name or make a certain amount of money?.Wow!!...How does Ryan Suter continue to get a regular shift? This guy is Aweful.. Plays with Zero passion- Hasn't thrown a check since he's been here. What message is Yeosy sending?
That he knows more than casual armchair gms

DeuceMN is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:17 PM
  #314
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORGO View Post
How can the players respect this guy? You don't have to sit or get demoted if you have a certain name or make a certain amount of money?.Wow!!...How does Ryan Suter continue to get a regular shift? This guy is Aweful.. Plays with Zero passion- Hasn't thrown a check since he's been here. What message is Yeosy sending?
You clearly either don't watch the games or you're just trolling.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:08 PM
  #315
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORGO View Post
How can the players respect this guy? You don't have to sit or get demoted if you have a certain name or make a certain amount of money?.Wow!!...How does Ryan Suter continue to get a regular shift? This guy is Aweful.. Plays with Zero passion- Hasn't thrown a check since he's been here. What message is Yeosy sending?
Obvious Suter troll is obvious

Jaykay is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 06:16 PM
  #316
mesamonster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scottsdale, AZ.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
Well then we've been watching different games..

But let's hope the Wild will take a step forward tonight. Because I like Yeo, I really do. He's a good guy and I would love to watch him succeed. But in hockey you sometimes have to put the emotions aside. It's the score that matters.
Tell me what makes yeo a good coach? I could not care less if he is a good guy or not, the good guy trait does not necessarily portend winning? But really, his coaching prowess of a year ago was certainly suspect, he had little to work with, but then so do many other coaches(Tippett) and they managed to do far more. From my perspective looking at the body of work last year and now the start of this year, it seems to me that Yeo is an immature guy, believe it or not a bit petulant and in a position that is presently over his head. As a rookie coach his performance earned him perhaps a C-, this year he is pulling a D+. The players are not reacting to his leadership or authority, signs that things are likely to get worse. BTW, the win against Nashville provided NO goals, the direction of this team is downward and Yeo has some culpability here!

mesamonster is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 06:29 PM
  #317
hokijanari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
Tell me what makes yeo a good coach?
Oh boy, oh boy. Your post might just be the most stupid one I've ever read. Read the god damn thread!! I've been in the fire Yeo -bandwagon all season long.

Again, I would love to watch him succeed. But in sports it's the score that matters. Why am I repeting this??? Oh my god. How can someone fail to understand a point this bad.

Although, the game was better yesterday, IMO. That gives Mike some more time. Let's hope the direction stays positive.

hokijanari is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 06:53 PM
  #318
mesamonster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scottsdale, AZ.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
Oh boy, oh boy. Your post might just be the most stupid one I've ever read. Read the god damn thread!! I've been in the fire Yeo -bandwagon all season long.

Again, I would love to watch him succeed. But in sports it's the score that matters. Why am I repeting this??? Oh my god. How can someone fail to understand a point this bad.

Although, the game was better yesterday, IMO. That gives Mike some more time. Let's hope the direction stays positive.
My bad, I only read one of your posts and misinterpreted it! I am with you, the guy is in way over his head. time to bring in an adult, but i am not sure Fletcher knows any adults!

mesamonster is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:14 PM
  #319
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
Oh boy, oh boy. Your post might just be the most stupid one I've ever read. Read the god damn thread!! I've been in the fire Yeo -bandwagon all season long.

Again, I would love to watch him succeed. But in sports it's the score that matters. Why am I repeting this??? Oh my god. How can someone fail to understand a point this bad.

Although, the game was better yesterday, IMO. That gives Mike some more time. Let's hope the direction stays positive.
The irony actually burns.

So you're in the bandwagon that wants to fire a coach after a team loses a few in a row, but as soon as they win once or twice, all is forgiven until the next time they lose a few in a row?

AKL is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:42 PM
  #320
hokijanari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
The irony actually burns.

So you're in the bandwagon that wants to fire a coach after a team loses a few in a row, but as soon as they win once or twice, all is forgiven until the next time they lose a few in a row?
For now, I'm in the fire Yeo -bandwagon. But the play dictates it. If the play gets better and better, I'm happy with Yeo. But if the Wild continues to struggle, then I think he should be fired. And everything is not forgiven after a win. I was just saying that the win gave Yeo some more time.

And IMO, the Wild have looked horrible all season long, even in the beginning when they won a few games. But the last game showed signs of a positive direction and if it keeps the same, I suddenly hop off the bandwagon. It's the play that dictates it.

Again, I like Yeo as a person and I would love to watch him succeed. But being a good guy doen't necessarily make someone a good coach.

hokijanari is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:43 PM
  #321
minne
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Give him more games. Last year we exploded in the first half of the season, not sure how much Yeo contributed to the second half, but now with this new roster and not much of a preseason or training camp, I think we need to have Yeo finish the season before we question whether or not we need to fire him.

Sure we know the talent is there and maybe most of our losses are coming from behind the bench but I'm just saying, let's give him a chance.

minne is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:39 AM
  #322
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,605
vCash: 500
Team wins another game or two and this topic will sink like the lockout thread did.

Jarick is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:39 AM
  #323
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,779
vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Team wins another game or two and this topic will sink like the lockout thread did.
If the team only wins another game or two the rest of the season, I think this thread will explode

FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:45 AM
  #324
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Team wins another game or two and this topic will sink like the lockout thread did.
it will rise every time we lose two in a row.

because people are that impatient.

i haven't taken the time to figure it out, but where do people's opinions match up between the two subjects: Fire Yeo and Will the Wild make the Playoffs. If you were expecting the team to barely squeak in an 8th spot then you shouldn't really be disappointed with where we are right now. Logically speaking.

rynryn is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:47 AM
  #325
roon
Registered User
 
roon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
Tell me what makes yeo a good coach? I could not care less if he is a good guy or not, the good guy trait does not necessarily portend winning? But really, his coaching prowess of a year ago was certainly suspect, he had little to work with, but then so do many other coaches(Tippett) and they managed to do far more. From my perspective looking at the body of work last year and now the start of this year, it seems to me that Yeo is an immature guy, believe it or not a bit petulant and in a position that is presently over his head. As a rookie coach his performance earned him perhaps a C-, this year he is pulling a D+. The players are not reacting to his leadership or authority, signs that things are likely to get worse. BTW, the win against Nashville provided NO goals, the direction of this team is downward and Yeo has some culpability here!
Tippett and that entire Pheonix team is carried by one Mike Smith. They also have the luxury of keeping the majority of a playoff team from last year. Mike Yeo had a team made up of about 50% AHL'ers for a large chunk of last year and has a team that has been pretty significantly changed year over year and you are trying to compare the two?

The Wild's issues have little to do with coaching and a lot to do with a group of guys having to learn how to play with each other absent a training camp and significant practice time. Stop with the armchair GM'ing as you obviously have little idea what you are talking about.

roon is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.