HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Talk PART V

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 04:21 PM
periferal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Petrov uses his size 6'3, 224lbs well in the slot...his hands are better in traffic than Lee IMO, and is therefore able to be more of a set-up type player. His hands and shot make him a scoring threat from the outside too.

That said, Lee is a special prospect, and the only thing I see holding him back from being a top 6 is his skating...there aren't too many NHL prospects out there that have a legit chance at being the next Milan Lucic, but Anders is certainly one of them.

I don't think there's any way Snow lets this stud escape the corral.

Along with Ullstrom, Nino (barring a trade...), Sundstrom, and all the trees on defense we have coming makes for an absolutely flithy prospect pool where size and skill is concerned.

And Petrov? He's going to parachute into Brooklyn...and this team is going to be a powerhouse.

Your completely blind love for Petrov makes me think he's not as special as he MAY be. Plus as each moment passes it's less and less likely he ever plays in the NHL.

As for the Isles ever being a powerhouse...The way this team is run and the way they've performed, I'd settle for a playoff spot first before we proclaim them the next Red Wings.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:53 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Your completely blind love for Petrov makes me think he's not as special as he MAY be. Plus as each moment passes it's less and less likely he ever plays in the NHL.

As for the Isles ever being a powerhouse...The way this team is run and the way they've performed, I'd settle for a playoff spot first before we proclaim them the next Red Wings.
You sound like a guy who has no faith in Seth Jones and Connor McDavid.
#periferalisjaded

Old
02-09-2013, 05:51 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
You sound like a guy who has no faith in Seth Jones and Connor McDavid.
#periferalisjaded

No faith. No faith at all. So little in fact that I'd trade Petrov for either one.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:07 PM
CodeE

We're talking about Lee and Petrov? The guy who's most certainly going to leave as a UFA and the other guy who's never gonna leave Russia?

Anybody have any new reports on Ryan O'Marra? Really see great things in his future.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Degeneration Rex

Saturday

Belleville 4, Erie 1-Pelech, + 1.
Saginaw 5, Barrie 3-Theoret, even.
Oshawa 4, Niagara 2-Strome. 1 goal (29), even, Graham, even.
Notre Dame 6, Michigan 4-Lee, 1 goal (17), 2 assists, + 2, Russo, even.
Colorado College 6, Denver 5 (OT)-Mayfield, even.

More to come.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 02-09-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old
02-09-2013, 08:56 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Saturday

More to come.
Wow, Lee playing great lately. What a beast. I'm gonna be so pissed if the Isles don't sign him. I'd love to see him on Tavares wing eventually.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:58 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Wow, Lee playing great lately. What a beast. I'm gonna be so pissed if the Isles don't sign him. I'd love to see him on Tavares wing eventually.
He's actually the perfect guy to ride shotgun with Ryan Strome.

We aren't really allowed to talk about Lee though, all prospects must be signed and under contract before we speak of them.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I believe Lee will sign. Really do.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
scott99

Quote:
I believe Lee will sign. Really do.
When's the last time the Islander's have had a wing with Lee's measurables ? Imagine a line of Neiderreiter-Nelson-Lee as our second line, geez. Moulson-Tavares-Strome as our first line. Ullstrom-Sundstrom-Persson as our 3rd line. That is a boatload of talent.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
He's actually the perfect guy to ride shotgun with Ryan Strome.

We aren't really allowed to talk about Lee though, all prospects must be signed and under contract before we speak of them.
You may have something there, Strome played with 2 good sized wings in Niagara, Brett Ritchie and Theoret until he was traded.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Isles1983

So...who is gonna be the next player to retire their number?

Old
02-09-2013, 09:21 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles1983 View Post
So...who is gonna be the next player to retire their number?
Leduc

Old
02-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Isles1983

Quote:
Leduc

I was actually being sarcastic because with the way this team is they wont be retiring a number until I turn 100.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:33 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles1983 View Post
I was actually being sarcastic because with the way this team is they wont be retiring a number until I turn 100.
I know, i was being sarcastic too. Leduc and Rosen might RETIRE first, but certainly not their numbers.

Team didn't play bad tonight. They are snake bit. They are destined to have an awful season if the playing time continues as is. It appears as if Capuano could he would only dress about 11 or 12 guys. Half the team doesn't see the ice. In a truncated season with crazy travel and 4 or 5 game weeks, it spells disaster. These guys are getting burnt already.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:39 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

I've had Anders Lee up there with the big three of Strome, Nino and Nelson, in terms of NHL potential, for the past two years..... If we sign him after Notre Dame's season and I get to see him in an Islanders uniform THIS season, I will french kiss Garth Snow.....

I don't know exactly how I'd set the lines up, but with Tavares, Bailey and Moulson, Brock Nelson, Nino Niederreiter, Anders Lee and Ryan Strome, there are your top 2 lines....

Moulson Tavares Nelson

Bailey Strome A. Lee

Nino either takes one of those spots on the top line, or package him in a deal.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:22 PM
InformTheMasses

Spokane leads 1-0 in the second period tonight in the WHL. Brended Kichton assist on the goal.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
I've had Anders Lee up there with the big three of Strome, Nino and Nelson, in terms of NHL potential, for the past two years..... If we sign him after Notre Dame's season and I get to see him in an Islanders uniform THIS season, I will french kiss Garth Snow.....

I don't know exactly how I'd set the lines up, but with Tavares, Bailey and Moulson, Brock Nelson, Nino Niederreiter, Anders Lee and Ryan Strome, there are your top 2 lines....

Moulson Tavares Nelson

Bailey Strome A. Lee

We better sign Lee!!!

02-09-2013, 10:44 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Saturday

More to come.
Strome's goal was Short handed. Very Nice goal. Used Ritchie as a decoy and roofed it short side, top corner. Perfect really.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:51 PM
doublechili

vCash: 600
I remember back when I had to wait for next week's Hockey News to find out how prospects were doing. Now we get real time updates and video clips shortly thereafter. Thank ITM. And I think this internet thing might just catch on.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:43 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post

Moulson Tavares Nelson

Bailey Strome A. Lee

I don't think you'll see wuite THAT many rookies next year all in one shot. Nino and Strome have good chances of making it. I think Lee gets the last spot over Nelson. Nelson develops for 1 more year in Bport and takes Moulsons spot after he gets traded or lost to UFA.

Next Year, My guess as of today...

Lee-Tavares-Strome
Grabner-Nielsen-Nino
Moulson-Bailey-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-Ullstrom
EX: C.McDonald

Brock Nelson and Johan Sundstrom pounding on the door.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:54 PM
kuwo

Honest question guys. Is there any indication that Anders is going to sign with the Isles? You, especially ITM and Rex, look really optimistic about that. I'd love that of course, but there are many cases that simply limit my own optimism about his future here.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:57 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwo View Post
Honest question guys. Is there any indication that Anders is going to sign with the Isles? You, especially ITM and Rex, look really optimistic about that. I'd love that of course, but there are many cases that simply limit my own optimism about his future here.
While I can't give you anything solid either way. I have heard nothing that makes me think that Lee will not sign with the Islanders. Just speculation/pessimism.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:49 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Saturday

No Play by Play for the Anders Lee clips, so I had to get cute and add music (ode to coliseum days of yesteryear's). Small clip from Lee at the end in the press conference too.

In the clip of Lee's Powerplay goal, that's NHL Draft Pick (SJ Sharks) Lee Moffie who is unable to move Lee in the crease. Moffie is a Senior. Also everyones favorite after the WJC Jacob Trouba tries to shove him out at the end but cant do so. Trouba also got caught pinching on the 3rd goal (Anders Lee Assist) you barely see him in the play.

Lee made Trouba look bad all weekend.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:35 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
I remember back when I had to wait for next week's Hockey News to find out how prospects were doing. Now we get real time updates and video clips shortly thereafter. Thank ITM. And I think this internet thing might just catch on.
I remember reading an actual hard copy of The Hockey News (it was in newspaper format), every year for all my draft information... I would wait every year for the draft edition to come out. Those two or three paragraphs on each prospect was it. lol

Old
02-10-2013, 10:33 AM
TeamKidd

Quote:
While I can't give you anything solid either way. I have heard nothing that makes me think that Lee will not sign with the Islanders. Just speculation/pessimism.
Didnt the isles want to sign him after this past year and he said no? Some nonsense about wanting to finish his degree....c'mon. he can finish his degree after he retires from the NHL...

Closed Thread