Good move. We overpaid for him (my guess is that he'd get 900K max on the open marekt). But this gives us an insurance policy to cover several scenarios:
1) Vokoun can't go at the begining of the year.
2) Vokoun isn't his usually self after the injury
3) Vokoun gets injured again.
4) Vokoun bolts when he becomes an UFA next year.
5) Atleat gives us *some* leverage when neg. Vokoun's contract.
Awesome, awesome news. With guys like Grahame or Hedberg, we were getting a question mark. We know what Mase brings, and what he brings ain't half-bad. His teammates love him, the fans love him, and he's got a good relationship with Tomas. We probably gave him a little bit more than he's worth, but by the same token, it might be more to thank him for settling for a backup job rather than a starter job somewhere else.