HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we need a heavyweight enforcer...

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Darcy Hordichuk on waivers?
Yes 21 33.87%
No 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 10:39 PM
habs24

vCash: 500
Orr had more points than any Hab and almost took Pleks leg off. Both scared the whole Habs team sh*tless. Pretty decent night I would say

Old
02-09-2013, 10:40 PM
LastRide

White is not a heavy weight. He's lost his share of fights. He will get wrecked fighting someone bigger.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:42 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
White is good. He just need to calm down and learn how to challenge someone Armstrong is trash like Moen.
My main point is, that we shouldn't be making skill the number 1 priority when building the 4th line. You don't want to get soft perimeter players who were once 1st line offensive talent prospects like Colby Armstrong and then had to learn to play an agitator game. You want genuine agitators.

Use the 4th line to undermine the other team, use the top-3 lines to win the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Can we call Russia for Artyukhin? My kind of goon!
He is one of the few to have defeated Chara.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IdVKNsePOso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

"Do we need a heavyweight enforcer" thread, you do not dissapoint tonight.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Hugo Sham

not sure what to do. you can't have another guy to fight prust's battles.
he had Rupp in NY. The leafs were clearly sending a message - you **** wih our skill players we'll do the same - and at that point - there was no deterrent. disappointed Moen didn't step up...and white wasn't there....a tough d man would be useful

Old
02-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Reuben

Do the habs need a heavyweight enforcer? Well Duh of course we do.
Even if the guy spends half the season in the press box and only plays against certain teams. An enforcer is a tool we don't currently have in the tool box.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:45 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs24 View Post
Orr had more points than any Hab and almost took Pleks leg off. Both scared the whole Habs team sh*tless. Pretty decent night I would say
Where are the weaklings who say we should have made Orr pay by scoring on the power play?

Oh right, power plays don't matter when it's 6-0, and we didn't score anyway because we're a small, weak team and we play a scared perimeter game.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:48 PM
gusfring

Mclaren waived - not interested.
Rupp traded - ditto
Vandermeer waived - not interested.

See a pattern?

Meanwhile our 4th line and 6th d blow.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:50 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
White is not a heavy weight. He's lost his share of fights. He will get wrecked fighting someone bigger.
Agree. White, Armstrong, and Moen are all useless. I'd rather have 3 big goons and I'm pretty sure they will score about as many goals and provide more positive intangibles.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:52 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Agree. White, Armstrong, and Moen are all useless. I'd rather have 3 big goons and I'm pretty sure they will score about as many goals and provide more positive intangibles.
White and Armstrong may be useless, but Moen is not.

Moen is 27 or 28 years old, he may be mediocre this year but we know that he has had a lot of good years, and that this is a fluctuation. He is also a decent middleweight.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:53 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Mclaren waived - not interested.
Rupp traded - ditto
Vandermeer waived - not interested.

See a pattern?

Meanwhile our 4th line and 6th d blow.
Good point. We stink because we have people who don't really have a clue how to build a solid team in 2013. We only draft small forwards and we ignore the bigger physical players.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:54 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Can we call Russia for Artyukhin? My kind of goon!
Artyukhin not a goon and not good at fighting and he fight with a visor. Not the answer and he probably don't even have the balls to drop with Orr.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:56 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
White and Armstrong may be useless, but Moen is not.

Moen is 27 or 28 years old, he may be mediocre this year but we know that he has had a lot of good years, and that this is a fluctuation. He is also a decent middleweight.
Moen will be 31 in another month. And he rarely fights now.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
i disagree. i think Armstrong is useless. maybe a tough guy plays 1/2 the games---but look at a team like philly..simmonds, testito and rinaldo. shelley never plays. ..i like guys who are tough and can play. i think we need to target a tough player on D

Old
02-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Artyukhin not a goon and not good at fighting and he fight with a visor. Not the answer and he probably don't even have the balls to drop with Orr.
He fought Chara didnt he?

Old
02-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Robiyardov
Irkutsk, Irkutskaya

Artyukhin

Artyukhin would be the guy I'd try to get. I don't care much for fights, although he can do that. What he does better than anyone is scared the sh_t out of anyone when he's on the ice. He seeks and destroys out there. And, tonight (I was at the game) a guy like him couldn't have made a difference wearing those D's down.

Franson, Fraser and Phaneuf are just huge. They got hit repeatedly by the likes of Gionta and Gallagher, and though I love to see that, especially Gallagher's passion and competitiveness.. you can't have a team made of Desharnais, Gallagher and Gionta. One guy at 5'06'' max. should make your team or top six, not three.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:08 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
He fought Chara didnt he?
yes and Chara suck at fighting too. Gill fighted Chara too so he must be good. Arktyukin is big and strong but not really good when the gloves come of.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:11 PM
ninetynine*

Yes, yes you do need a heavyweight. I suggest telling Minnesota you'll take Matt Kassian off waivers (scored 2 goals in a game against you guys last year IIRC), and if they try to get you to trade a draft pick for him tell them to go **** themselves and tell the Flyers you'll pick Jody Shelley off waivers, they'll go for it.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:14 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Laraque was a failure, ergo we don't need a heavyweight enforcer.

Similarly,

Gomez was a failure, ergo we don't need a 1st line offensive center.
]

Old
02-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Dharvey33

Matt Kassian would be a good option he fought just about everyone I'm sure it's not Fraser Mclaren or Colton Orr that would make him backdown.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:06 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Where are the weaklings who say we should have made Orr pay by scoring on the power play?

Oh right, power plays don't matter when it's 6-0, and we didn't score anyway because we're a small, weak team and we play a scared perimeter game.
sending Moen on the PP was a clear message to guys like Armstrong/Moen from MT imo... Moen didnt do sqat...

same for Armstrong, invisible all game...

so, you think a goon would put the jersey on, look at Moen, look at Armstrong and tell himself "no problem, I'll bleed for these guys" ? really ?

Old
02-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I notice that when there's a type of scrum, Subban seems to always want to stay away from them. A few times tonight he was noticeable where he would take a man just to say "hey i've got somebody!". We need an enforcer but I wish we had team toughness too, that our players overall had more courage.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:10 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I notice that when there's a type of scrum, Subban seems to always want to stay away from them. A few times tonight he was noticeable where he would take a man just to say "hey i've got somebody!". We need an enforcer but I wish we had team toughness too, that our players overall had more courage.
We definitely need a makeover, you are right. I'm not sure management is smart enough or brave enough to realize this and start all over.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Find somebody that can play hockey. 'Cause at this point and time, Armstrong, for me, is completely useless. So a fighter that knows how to skate but fights well.....I guess will be fine with me. At least, we will get Prust out of the reflectors and have our moral victory from time to time.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Besides....you cannot have agitators on your team and not respond. Marchand can agitate 'cause he knows that other guys in his team will take charge of the fighting departement. But if Gallagher, Subban and Co agitates and we can't respond....that will alienate a guy like Prust and Moen will be even more invisible....if that's possible.

Closed Thread