HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why all the ribeiro bashing?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2006, 08:23 AM
  #26
boomboom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Put it this way i never thought there was any fan more annoying then Italian soccer fan, then i met Portuguese soccer fan this year. If Portugual won(and thankfully they didn't) i would have done something i never thought i would in my life and cheer for Italy to win a soccer tornament.
So you hate Portugal, Italy....except France. You french?
Anyway, what s anoying about you is the fact that seem to be racist...
I mean you seem like the lonely time, guess thats why you have over 4ooo posts. Still, funny how 3/4 of the France team is made out of non french players.... and they have 2 or 3 portuguese players (start with Vierra) u should start hating
them to.

boomboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:30 AM
  #27
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 23,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
So you hate Portugal, Italy....except France. You french?
Anyway, what s anoying about you is the fact that seem to be racist...
I mean you seem like the lonely time, guess thats why you have over 4ooo posts. Still, funny how 3/4 of the France team is made out of non french players.... and they have 2 or 3 portuguese players (start with Vierra) u should start hating
them to.
Not French. Not really a fan of France but i am on Sunday and i don't care how there team is made up. I didn't know Portuguese people are a race unto themselves.

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:39 AM
  #28
PECAhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
if the world cup of soccer proved anything Portuguese people are annoying and Riberio is Portuguese.

Viva La France.
Wow what a rare and talented gift you have... you can make generalized opinionated statements about an entire population based on a small group or individual. The world certainly needs more of that.

Please can we hear what you're view is on Blacks, Jews, Australians, Asians, Texans, Slovakians and Women while your at it? Because all of this is quite relevant to hockey.

PECAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:48 AM
  #29
bayrider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
Ribeiro is too small
Ribeiro has a weak shot
More often than not, Ribeiro makes that extra impossible pass instead of shooting
Ribeiro gets taken off the puck way too easily because of his small size
Ribeiro has a bad attitude where he blames his linemates and everyone else for his problems
Is a defensive liability, unless he plays a defensive game; then he becomes an offensive liability.
Can't win faceoffs.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:54 AM
  #30
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
you quote a post that i deleted at the same moment , because i found that it was too provocative . Can you delete at your turn the one where you quote me , by respect of me and the others fans . Thanks .
Done. Next time don't say such garbage.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:55 AM
  #31
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
you quote a post that i deleted at the same moment , because i found that it was too provocative . Can you delete at your turn the one where you quote me , by respect of me and the others fans . Thanks .
For respect of other fans in general, wait until your buzz has worn off before you post. It'll avoid situations like that.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:02 AM
  #32
PECAhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Not French. Not really a fan of France but i am on Sunday and i don't care how there team is made up. I didn't know Portuguese people are a race unto themselves.
It has been argued that they are and that they are not. No one quite knows how to classify a people made up of the following throughout history... Celts, Iberians, Greek, Phoenicians, Roman, Jews, Goths, Africans (Both North of Sahara and Sub Sahara) to name a few.

But regardless of the argument on Portuguese being a race or not your comments were still considered racist.

The United Nations uses a definition of racial discrimination laid out in the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination and adopted in 1966:

...any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, color, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life...

PECAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:14 AM
  #33
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
For respect of other fans in general, wait until your buzz has worn off before you post. It'll avoid situations like that.
look who's talking !

I beleive what i wrote but i just don't want to go into that kind of discuss . It's my opinion , and i know i am not alone to have it . I don't need you to do the moderator with me , i deleted my message by myself , so you can shut up your big mouth Bigtimer .

And the most important , Bigtimer , stop to think that your opinion is more important than the other one, never think that your' opinion is more accurate , more bright , more intelligent than the one of any other member of this board . It never was , and will never be..

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:23 AM
  #34
Dr. Charles
Registered User
 
Dr. Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cracktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
I'd say Alexandre Despaties is a diver
wheter this is racism or not

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:40 AM
  #35
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
look who's talking !

I beleive what i wrote but i just don't want to go into that kind of discuss . It's my opinion , and i know i am not alone to have it . I don't need you to do the moderator with me , i deleted my message by myself , so you can shut up your big mouth Bigtimer .

And the most important , Bigtimer , stop to think that your opinion is more important than the other one, never think that your' opinion is more accurate , more bright , more intelligent than the one of any other member of this board . It never was , and will never be..
But you didn't delete it in time so I had to witness a days worth of garbage in one sitting. Do you think that makes me happy?

According to you my input will never be or never was better or brighter than anybody elses. I hate to break it to you but that's in your world. I like to base my statement on actual facts of what's going on with the team... rather than politically motivated drivel that you spew on a consistent enough basis to be told to shut it. So I can understand how you think my view can't ever be right: I'm talking hockey while you're on here to talk something else entirely.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:43 AM
  #36
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
But you didn't delete it in time so I had to witness a days worth of garbage in one sitting. Do you think that makes me happy?

According to you my input will never be or never was better or brighter than anybody elses. I hate to break it to you but that's in your world. I like to base my statement on actual facts of what's going on with the team... rather than politically motivated drivel that you spew on a consistent enough basis to be told to shut it. So I can understand how you think my view can't ever be right: I'm talking hockey while you're on here to talk something else entirely.
Now watch, he'll play the innocent card...

"political?? me??? why ever would you say that?"

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:54 AM
  #37
Astaroth
Registered User
 
Astaroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
Ribeiro is a good player that can put a lot of points ( 65 pts 2 years ago , playing with Ryder at his first season , and Dagenais )

The Day a coach is going to find the linemate suited for him , watch him !!!

On the bad side - for a lot of habs fans - he 's not a low profil guy ; he says what he thinks , not the classics ''the team plays together , i am going to work harder '' stuffs . He 's not the kind of man with the clean cut , and the Polo shirt ; looks a bit punk .It's enough for a lot of people to hated him ( ! ).

But the reason why there is much hate for him is probably because a french medias ( 110 % ) ; they went as far as said that he was better than their hero Saku Koivu , and were always talking about how he was good ,( because he's a local player from Montreal)

That was too much for most of the Fans of the streight and clean cut Mr Koivu . because they are really in love with him ;

It's more like because we have Saku as a number one center. With the new nhl, his lack of speed has beens everely exposed. He has no shot so he can't really score. His stickhandling is rather so-so but his vision is quite good, close to elite even. He's not a wimp, he's just not strong enough to play the boards and is physically a non-factor. See all this wouldn't be a problem if he could do what his job is; put up points. Unfortunetly, the habs do not have an overly skilled top 6 to negate his weaknesses. This year when Koivu went down, in the regular and post season; he just couldn't get the job done. That is the main reason why fans on this board are disenchanted with Ribeiro. Since Koivu has a long-term contrat, it's obvious we need a number two center who can complement him or a number one center to take the pressure off him. Either way, Ribeiro is not the answer, for the Habs that is.

I think he will have a long enough career because he does have the skills, but I do not believe it can happen with the Habs if we want to move forward.

Oh and he's more of a wigga than a punk. He's kind of annoying when you see him at clubs too but the beef with him is his play more than his character.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:04 AM
  #38
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
This year when Koivu went down, in the regular and post season; he just couldn't get the job done. That is the main reason why fans on this board are disenchanted with Ribeiro.
i find ironic that the ones who love Saku are the ones who hate Ribeiro , because he couln't get the job of Koivu done , when Koivu isn't able to do it himself ...

The best thing would have been to find a first liner , not to sign a multi years contract with someone who play in the surgery with the nurses .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:06 AM
  #39
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
I'd say Alexandre Despaties is a diver
wheter this is racism or not

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:09 AM
  #40
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Now watch, he'll play the innocent card...

"political?? me??? why ever would you say that?"
political ?? me ?? why ever would you say that ???

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:14 AM
  #41
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX View Post
he's been good in the 2004 playoffs with dagenais and ryder, you can't blame him for faking an injury to get the other team a penalty... how many guys are doing this now???
I can definitely blame him for faking an injury to get a penalty... and I don't care how many guys do it. (which, by the way, isn't many at all)

It's unsportsmanlike, classless, gutless and embarassing to the entire team.

I will never root for Ribeiro, ever, and that is the reason why. He embrassed the crest on his chest with that pathetic stunt.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:18 AM
  #42
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
political ?? me ?? why ever would you say that ???


Okay that was funny I admit.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:19 AM
  #43
Astaroth
Registered User
 
Astaroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
i find ironic that the ones who love Saku are the ones who hate Ribeiro , because he couln't get the job of Koivu done , when Koivu isn't able to do it himself ...

The best thing would have been to find a first liner , not to sign a multi years contract with someone who play in the surgery with the nurses .

Well the thing is when your job is to score and you can't, then your value to the team is pretty much none.

Koivu does get the job done, when he's not injured. Which is a problem, but it'd be less of a problem if he had a second line to take the pressure off. Perfect example is when Koivu had that groin injury. He comes back early because well we sucked without him, he plays against Minnesota. We can't do anything, so he plays 35 minutes with overtime! What happens, he reinjures his groin (what a surprise, terrible management by Julien) and misses more time.

I'm also not sure if the plan was to sign Koivu as a 1b or 2 instead, because Koivu has a good two-way physical game that allows him to match up agaisnt top lines, a versatile edge. Problem is, no top tier UFA really wants to come to MTL (both waffledave and you have a point on that stormy debate). So we need a trade... and we're still waiting.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:19 AM
  #44
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
I can definitely blame him for faking an injury to get a penalty... and I don't care how many guys do it. (which, by the way, isn't many at all)

It's unsportsmanlike, classless, gutless and embarassing to the entire team.

I will never root for Ribeiro, ever, and that is the reason why. He embrassed the crest on his chest with that pathetic stunt.
I don't recall that being exactly what happened. He "embellished" an injury in order to get the play whistled dead. No penalty was called or even considered by the ref. Somehow Bruins fans twisted that into Ribeiro faking an injury while the Bruins had a scoring oppurtunity. I was at the game and that couldn't be further from the truth. The Bruins did have the puck but weren't even within 20 feet of the Habs zone when the play was whistled dead. I strongly dislike Ribeiro but I hold very little against him in that controversy.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:25 AM
  #45
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
I don't recall that being exactly what happened. He "embellished" an injury in order to get the play whistled dead. No penalty was called or even considered by the ref. Somehow Bruins fans twisted that into Ribeiro faking an injury while the Bruins had a scoring oppurtunity. I was at the game and that couldn't be further from the truth. The Bruins did have the puck but weren't even within 20 feet of the Habs zone when the play was whistled dead. I strongly dislike Ribeiro but I hold very little against him in that controversy.
I agree with you there. There was no penalty called on the play and it's not as if the Bruins would have scored had play not been stopped.

That being said, it's embarassing. He was twiching like he had a seizure and I'm sure the entire Bruins team was genuinely concerned for him. For him to get up and taunt them right after is a disgrace and a scar on this team.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:35 AM
  #46
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
He cant win any battles.

Cant win the cup with guys like him.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:51 AM
  #47
BJCOLLINS
Registered User
 
BJCOLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Radio Clash on Pirate Satelite
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
where's Peppy Lemieux when you need him?

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:10 PM
  #48
Dr_Hook
Registered User
 
Dr_Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahqa View Post
...oh yeah and he sucks.
You beat me to the punch !

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:10 PM
  #49
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX View Post
he's been good in the 2004 playoffs with dagenais and ryder, you can't blame him for faking an injury to get the other team a penalty... how many guys are doing this now???
Better check Ribeiro's stats before you say things like that. He had 2 goals (both in the same game) and 1 assist in 11 games. I'd say he was very bad.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:12 PM
  #50
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Well, he's still a relatively young player, so the problem is not with him imo. It's that we can't get him complementary players with size. He's the scapegoat for us getting pushed around and not winning, when in fact he's the first guy who will go into the corner and take a hit to protect the puck. When have you ever seen him not go in a corner? He's a very brave player imo and he's worked hard to add strength, it's obvious (insert jokes here). Also, he doesn't have a shot, so his game is a bit limited. He really needs to play with a finisher and someone to go in the corners. He shouldn't have to do all that boardwork.

And he's a cocky player, which bothers some people (the opposition more than anyone though). But when he doesn't deliver, the attitude doesn't help him. I like him myself, but we do need more size up the middle (everywhere really). If we had a line like Shanahan-Ribeiro-Kovalev, that would work well imo, even though Shanny's physical game isn't what it was.
Sinced Shanhan isn't coming, Ribeiro has to fend for himself.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.