HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Jerkini

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Your going to look like an idiot real soon. Hes marchand 2.0. Can Marchand fight? No. Would I take him on my team? Yeah
What else does that crystal ball show you?

I've seen Marchand for a long time now and he's never been embarrassed like Gallagher was tonight, at least not against the Leafs.

Old
Jigger77

The Habs played their worst game of the year by far and were beaten by the Leafs in every department. Toronto looked really good from the goalie out.

Really unfortunate they had to completely ruin with two of the lowest possible plays in hockey. Colton Orr with the blatant attempt to take out the Habs best player when the game is completely out of reach. Then Grabovski with a freaking bite? I always knew the guy was a fairy but wtf. No words for that. Hopefully the league reviews both.

Not to mention tough guy 6'1 whatever his name is dropping them against one of the smallest players in the league.

The Leafs showed some great skill tonight. But just a complete lack of sportsmanship and class. Too bad.

Old
Sawyer
Wheeeee

Quick someone Photoshop Jaws' teeth into Grabovski

Old
Fogelhund

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWINK19 View Post
The denial and homerism in this thread is amazing. I'm a fan of neither team, I was just watching the game. Prust started the whole mess by going after Komarov for no reason. Grabovski may or may not have bitten Pacioretty, but Max had no business wrapping his forearm around Grabovski's face and pulling his head back when he was already engaged with another Hab. Orr took a run at Plekanec, but all the Hab fans completely overlook their guy throwing Orr's stick right before that. The "suckerpunch" is totally fabricated BS. Gionta stuck up for Plekanec and got decked, at which point Bourque jumped Orr from the side. If you're attacking a guy, you're not being sucker punched. Jeez, I know more about what happened then you guys do. Were you actually watching the game that you're whining about?
I'd say that is pretty accurate. Grabs probably did bite Pacioretty, and if it is against league rules, should be punished. Having said that, a guy of Grabs size has Prust trying to throw punches at him from the front, while Pacioretty is trying to take his head off from behind... I'm not sure what you would expect to happen in such an instance.

Yup, the game turned into a goon fest, which I kind of expected really. The Habs attempted to turn it into a goon fest, and they got what they wanted. Once you turn a game in that direction, it isn't as if you can say, ok we are done now... you've opened up the can of worms... Good on Gorges for trying, Good on McLaren for taking it easy on them.

As far as Orr trying to hit Plekanec... Does Plekanec really think he can give a two handed slash across Orr's gloves without consequence?

Old
02-09-2013, 09:52 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Easy. When you cut off someones air you deserved to get bit. There is nothing else to it. You stop me from breathing while pulling on my head...you deserve anything coming your way

Im shocked there are a person or two not grasping the concept of this. odd.
The video clearly shows Grabos hands pulling Patches arm to his mouth.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
But the problem is that I often see plays like this
where a player grabs another player from behind and they rarely get bitten...
I see guys getting some pretty filthy face washes but they usually have the ability to defend themself. The position grabo was in he was trying to hold onto a jersey so he wasnt pulled to the ground backwards while being suffocated.
When you cant breathe, you panic.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Phelan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
This is getting funnier by the minute. Thanks guys, you are almost making me forgive about the game. Hey, that's what Pacioretty does. He throws himself in a stanchion. And now he gives himself some teeth marks by putting pressure on the forearm. And all this disregarding that Grabovski TAKES HIS HAND AND PULLS Pacioretty arm's TOWARDS his mouth just to be sure that he dies suffocating. Please do rewatch the incident....
Grabovski seems to be falling at the time, maybe he grabbed it because it was the only thing he could?

Old
Auger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
It's kinda scary that you guys don't see the difference between conclusive evidence (Burrows incident) and inconclusive evidence (this incident). I really hope that none of you guys end up serving on a jury.
Look at the OP before you drop that. There's a picture of the bite mark buddy

Old
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadthestampede View Post
You can always tell when the leafs are winning by the number of leaf related threads on the main board.
These boards are just more entertaining when the Leafs are good. The Leafs just save these boards.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

To me it almost looks like he grinds his arm into Grabo's mouth, and Grabo was struggling to get him off.

Old
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Prust did not go after Grabo.

Old
Fat Jughead

The Habs got exactly what they were asking for tonight. They were the one's crashing the net, while the game was still in reach, and they were the one's who started all the running around after the score started getting out of hand, even in the 2nd. Don't cry foul if your team wants to play like that, and ends up getting their ass kicked lol!

Good job Leafs.

Old
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
What else does that crystal ball show you?

I've seen Marchand for a long time now and he's never been embarrassed like Gallagher was tonight, at least not against the Leafs.
Funny that you saw that as him being embarrassed where as most knowledgeable hockey minds will see that his having a **** load of heart.

You would be a very naive fan if you wouldn't want him on your team.

Old
Kesselology
81 Jump Street

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
The Habs played their worst game of the year by far and were beaten by the Leafs in every department. Toronto looked really good from the goalie out.

Really unfortunate they had to completely ruin with two of the lowest possible plays in hockey. Colton Orr with the blatant attempt to take out the Habs best player when the game is completely out of reach. Then Grabovski with a freaking bite? I always knew the guy was a fairy but wtf. No words for that. Hopefully the league reviews both.

Not to mention tough guy 6'1 whatever his name is dropping them against one of the smallest players in the league.

The Leafs showed some great skill tonight. But just a complete lack of sportsmanship and class. Too bad.
A. He isn't one of the smallest players in the league.

B. If you purposely hit a player into his goalie then you deserve a good ass-kicking. Doesn't matter if you're Zdeno Chara or Nathan Gerbe. Keep in mind Gionta, legitimately one of the smallest players in the league, put Reimer out for most of the season last year after running him. The fight was completely called for, the little guy was trying to act big all night and just kept getting his head handed to him.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:55 PM
shibbiness

Keep these threads in the leafs forum, jeez. Nice hit though.

Old
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Prust did not go after Grabo.
Nope, he went after Komarov.

Old
Crabby Williams

I heard Gallagher wears sunglasses indoors.

Old
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Kinda looked like when kids are playing around and 1 kid covers the nose and mouth so the other one bites to get them to move their hand.

Old
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
yup,its pretty easy to look tough vs gionta, gallagher and gorges.
And Prust.

Then again, if that's all you have then we have to make due.

Old
FightingIrish
Total Lak of Respek

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
He got an injury in khl that's why he's wearing it
No kidding - Still doesn't change anything, he's wearing a birdcage. Scared of getting his plates rearranged.

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-09-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: qmep
Old
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I will give it to McLaren. I prefer he'd laugh, though it does look bad, then he doesn't laugh and start really punching Gorges...'cause it would have looked like Scott against Thornton. And even worst than that.

And Orr does stick his knee out. Clear as day.
Take a look at the video. What is clear as day is that Orr sticks his butt out for a half assed hip check.

My god the whining from Habs fans is sickening. You win, all of your players are innocent and the Leafs are bullies. There were dirty plays from both sides all night long. The difference was the Leafs have players that can back up their actions on the ice, and the Habs were trying their best to respond. You can't blame the Leafs for beating the Habs up all night, the majority of the actions were justified.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
I like Nazem Kadri, always knew he would be good when given the opportunity.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Coconut Head
Carrot Spirit GOAT

He's a good player, I can tell that I'm gonna hate him

Old
02-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

vCash: 284
When you have your arms and legs all wrapped up, and a guy tries to pull your ****ing head off, what else can you possibly do?

Maybe Pacioretty shouldn't be trying to remove Grabovski's head from his shoulders.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:58 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
lol and leaf fans wonder why they get all the hate

planning the parade after 1 win over a not so great canadians team, act like you have won before, oh wait you haven't since 1967

wonder what don cherry will say about this, remember when he "never wanted to get into it" when leafs tough guy tie domi elbowed scotty n.
He just defended the entire Orr play, so... sure.

Closed Thread