HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Erat, Hall, Hartnell, Legwand file for arbitration

Old
07-05-2006, 07:51 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Erat, Hall, Hartnell, Legwand file for arbitration

per the NHLPA website.

If Hall gets over 1.2 million, I think we should either walk away or accept it and work on moving him. Legwand's injury will be favorable in result to us, though it likely means he's in his last year as a Predator. Hartnell and Erat worry me.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:56 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

also, does this mean Hamhuis accepted his QO?

Old
07-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
per the NHLPA website.

If Hall gets over 1.2 million, I think we should either walk away or accept it and work on moving him. Legwand's injury will be favorable in result to us, though it likely means he's in his last year as a Predator. Hartnell and Erat worry me.
I can't really see any having strong cases. Hall had a terrible year. Legwand, statistically was not that good. Hartnell and Erat scored 20 goals, true, but other than that....they didn't do much else. At most, I can see them getting around 2 million, especially when you factor in Hartnell's diminishing returns. Erat probably has the best case of all four.

Hall, if he wins, probably does not have a place on this team anymore....which frankly, is fine with me.

I wonder how much Hamhuis is going to recieve from Poile. My guess, 4 years 9 million...possibly 10.

And Nomore, while it is possible that Hamhuis accepted his qualifier, it also could just mean he didn't choose to go to arbitration...deciding to just work out a contract without an arbitrator.

Final comments: I bet we resign Hartnell, Legwand, and Erat before arbitration.

07-05-2006, 07:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Hartnell had 25 goals, and I think that of the four, has the best chance to clean us out. Hopefully Poile goes ahead and offers a little bit of an overpay..say 2.5 for the next 3 years...and I think we'd come out with a bargain in the end.

Old
07-05-2006, 08:28 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Just because they file doesn't mean they'll make it to arbitration, just leaves the door open if they don't get a deal before.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm betting this is why we have stopped in the UFA market, not to mention Vokoun, Kimmo, Walker, and Kariya's impending UFA. We need the money for the guys we already have.

25,096,200 is the salary we already have committed (taken from Seamus's thread), and we need to sign:

Erat
Hall
Harts
Leggy
Tootoo
Hammer
Weber
Upshall

If we give Hammer the raise he deserves at around 2-2.5 a year, we are probably going to have to give 2-2.5 a year to Hartnell as well. I can't see Legwand over 2 million, but it is feasible to see both Erat and Legwand earn 2 million each or 4 million between them (ugh). I would project them both at around 1.75. Hall is probably looking at 800k to 1.2 million. Weber, Tootoo, and Upshall should both be right around the qualifying offers (lets say 750k each...)

If we took the high end on all of those salaries:

Erat - 2
Hall - 1.1
Harts - 2.5
Leggy - 2
Toots - 0.75
Hammer - 2.5
Weber - 0.75
Upshall - 0.75

We would see a 12.35 million dollar increase to payroll, with total salary commitments coming to around 37.45 million. In other words, I think we would likely deal one of those players IF we had to pay the high end on most signings....Hall at 1.1 million is a waste IMO

Last edited by Enoch: 07-06-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:46 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Isn't Weber still under his entry level contract?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:21 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Isn't Weber still under his entry level contract?
Unless his entry-level contract was a one-year deal, then he's still under contract for $600k.

I had Upshall as still under contract, but if he signed a three-year entry contract, then he's not under contract for next season. But I cannot imagine he'll get much of a raise over his $800k salary last year.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote