HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 09:58 PM
theripper

vCash: 500
this is like putting your hand in fire and complaining that you got burned. if you put your hands in someones mouth,you're gonna get bitten.

Old
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
The video clearly shows Grabos hands pulling Patches arm to his mouth.
[mod] Look at the video in real time and not slowed down. Max's arm was already around Grabo's face before Grabo even touched Max's hand. Common sense should tell you that it's more likely that Grabo's contact was an attempt to pull Max's hand off his face, since it's impossible for him to pull Max's hand to his mouth when his hand was already there.

Old
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Seriously? The guy had an arm across his mouth and nose. WTF is he supposed to do? Not to mention the fact that there's absolutely no evidence that he actually bit at all.

[mod]
What was Grabo supposed to do? Err.... not bite? Personally, I was taught as a child not to bite others... He could have... oh, I don't know... moved? Or... thrown a punch?

Old
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Really unfortunate they had to completely ruin with two of the lowest possible plays in hockey. Colton Orr with the blatant attempt to take out the Habs best player when the game is completely out of reach.
Yup, cause Plekanec didn't do a stupid thing by slashing Orr and then ripping his stick out of his hands and then went through the middle of the rink with his head down.

Orr is a guy with pride and a sense of respect for the game. It's his job to hold skevy ****** like Plekanec who show no respect for his opponents to task for their boneheaded actions.

The fact is he was never outside of the rules in the book before the whistle blew and he was completely within the unwritten rules of the game, while Plekanec was spitting on them.

Plekanec was the one with the low play, not Orr, trying to throw a completely clean and defensible hit.

Quote:
Then Grabovski with a freaking bite? I always knew the guy was a fairy but wtf. No words for that. Hopefully the league reviews both.

Not to mention tough guy 6'1 whatever his name is dropping them against one of the smallest players in the league.
What, little Kostka? It's not his fault that a guy that's 5'8 runs our goalie who has a history of concussion issues. You wouldn't seriously think we'd be right to be pissed off if, say, Travis Moen (6'2) took out Leo Komarov (5'10) in a fight after Komarov decked Price, would you?

Old
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
What else does that crystal ball show you?

I've seen Marchand for a long time now and he's never been embarrassed like Gallagher was tonight, at least not against the Leafs.
Seems like your alone on that. Good luck

Old
mikeo1

Quote:
Add "clearly" to the list of words some people need to look up.

Grabovski doesn't even know Pacioretty is there until Pacioretty's hand is over his mouth. Grabovski only reaches for his hand once he starts falling.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:59 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
As a Leafs fan, I'd likely bet that there was definitely a bite but you've provided something that a lot of people in here haven't - some context to the situation. It's not like Grabo bit the guy as a taunt, you just have to look at Max cowardly going after Grabo from behind while Prust was already engaging him from in front. Then he shoves his forearm across his face and is pulling him down backwards while Grabo is still being held onto by Prust from the front (and it's at this point that the bite likely happens because that's when Max pulls away and starts complaining).
Just like MacCleran (sp?) HAD to fight Josh ****ing Gorges right, the guy that barely hits anyone? Or Orr clocking 5'8 Gionta in the face for no reason?

Yes Max was cowardly, I'll remember that next time the Leafs play and Phaneuf bearhugs someone from behind. I'll make sure I'll post that.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:59 PM
12345*

Quote:
The Habs played their worst game of the year by far and were beaten by the Leafs in every department. Toronto looked really good from the goalie out.

Really unfortunate they had to completely ruin with two of the lowest possible plays in hockey. Colton Orr with the blatant attempt to take out the Habs best player when the game is completely out of reach. Then Grabovski with a freaking bite? I always knew the guy was a fairy but wtf. No words for that. Hopefully the league reviews both.

Not to mention tough guy 6'1 whatever his name is dropping them against one of the smallest players in the league.

The Leafs showed some great skill tonight. But just a complete lack of sportsmanship and class. Too bad.
You need to watch the timeline of the third period. Your post is useless because you have no idea how and why things developed. Incidents are followed by reaction - whether legal or illegal.

Orr ran Plekanac for throwing his stick across the ice and Prust's targetting of our 2nd line. Point to him if you are looking for someone to blame because the Leafs don't give a ****. This is about team protection and team building. Don't expect to get away with none sense.

And McClaren wasn't throwing anything until tiny tim Georges thought he was a tough guy and started tossing them. If McClaren was going even 50%, the result would have been far worse. Georges wasn't even getting hit, McClaren was just laughing at Georges attempted punches.

As for Grabo, heat of the moment. I don't condone what he did. I would imagine that he bit Max, but there is no conclusive evidence of such an event. So nothing will come of it.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:00 PM
rangers5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo96 View Post
He just defended the entire Orr play, so... sure.
so your saying cherry is not pro-leafs lol good one

go to youtube and see what he said after tie domi elblowed scott n

and remember that year he said he was going to wear a canes jersey if leafs lost the series, and he never followed through on it

guy is out of touch and he bias is laughable

Old
Lilou
t-.-t

Funny how people don't want to admit Montreal started running around after the Leafs got the 4th goal. THEY started this mess and the Leafs ended it. Those that watched the full game know this.

Old
Devonator

Just to interject here...this is why I love sports....the hatred and passion between these two franchises fans is great....much akin to Yankees versus Red Sox or Cowboys versus Redskins....

Great fun for neutral fans to read....please continue!

Old
02-09-2013, 10:01 PM
tinfoilcup

vCash: 50
The biting video looks inconclusive to me. How do we know that Pacioretty didn't bite his own arm...then try to blame Grabovski?

I heard that Grabovski likes to bite on his pencils. If Montreal could find a way to steal one of Grabovski's pencils with bite marks on it and then match it to the bite mark on Pacioretty's arm then I believe you will have your perpetrator.

Old
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
What? I've got no preference in this, but it's absolutely clear Pacioretty was mugging Grabovski with his arm across Grabovski's face; you can even see that Grabovski looks to be struggling to get free, not even knowing whose arm it is that's grabbing onto his face.

Old
sparxx87

Prust started all this when he went after Komarov, Grabovski was defending his teammate... Then it was obvious Pacioretty was scared for Prust's safety and felt the only way to save him from Mikhail Grabovski was to wrap his forearm around Grabovski's face - then whine as the guy who just had his forearm bit after he put it in someone's mouth. Imagine that. If he has an issue with it, he should call the police and have them launch an investigation.

Orr did take a run at Plekanec, and that was the first time I've ever seen that in the sport of hockey.. Ever. What barbarians these Leafers are.

Realistically he got up and saw a Hab jersey coming at him. If you're going to go at Colton Orr after he runs someone, it's safe to assume he'll feel challenged. So, he knocked Gionta down. Then, he felt Bourque grab him, so he hit him too. If you're gonna grab Colton Orr during a scrum, or come at him like Gionta did, be prepared to fight Colton Orr.

It was a divisional game, of course the Leafs aren't going to let off the gas. They should be more concerned with the first 55 minutes.

The Bruins have done this to the Leafs how many times in the past few seasons? Nobody was making a thread and bringing the humiliating loss to everyone's attention

Old
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
What was Grabo supposed to do? Err.... not bite? Personally, I was taught as a child not to bite others... He could have... oh, I don't know... moved? Or... thrown a punch?
What if he didn't bite?

But he's being grabbed from behind. He tried to rip Pacioretty's hand off his face with his own hand right after the apparent "bite". He also fell to the ice due to it, so clearly, he did try doing other things. I'm of the opinion that it's more likely that Pacioretty's pressure on Grabovski's teeth caused the mark, not any biting action

But beyond everything, the fact is biting in that situation, if it did happen, would be a natural reaction. I don't blame Grabovski for it at all, just like I didn't blame Burrows for biting Ference when Ference shoved his finger down Burrows throat.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrish View Post
No kidding - Still doesn't change anything, he's wearing a birdcage. Scared of getting his plates rearranged.
So he should take it off and risk going blind if one of the plates moves because...?

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-09-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: qmep
Old
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

vCash: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by theripper View Post
this is like putting your hand in fire and complaining that you got burned. if you put your hands in someones mouth,you're gonna get bitten.
This. There is literally nothing else to be said about this issue.

/thread.

Old
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
From what I see:

Pacioretty goes to put Grabovski in a headlock. Grabovski is probably already upset when dealing with a different Montreal player and bites Patches on the arm. Personally, I said the same when Ruutu bit Peters, there's no room for biting in the NHL.

I must admit this is a very entertaining night on HF Boards seeing Montreal and Toronto fans go at it.

Old
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Oh, ok. So the guy has his arm around your mouth and nose from behind. Solution, just punch him. Sounds like it would work well.

Alternately, you could move as he's holding you there. Seems simple enough to do as I can't breathe.

Edit: So people don't confuse this with being serious

Old
JackJ

Grabo is a crazy mofo.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

This thread is ****ing hilarious.

Old
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Just like MacCleran (sp?) HAD to fight Josh ****ing Gorges right, the guy that barely hits anyone? Or Orr clocking 5'8 Gionta in the face for no reason?

Yes Max was cowardly, I'll remember that next time the Leafs play and Phaneuf bearhugs someone from behind. I'll make sure I'll post that.
Watch McClaren's fight again. He barely hit him. Gorges wasn't even damaged. McClaren was just laughing at Gorges continuing to throw despite the fact that McClaren backed off.

You don't skate up to a player like Orr to talk. Both Gionta and Bourque are obviously idiots if they can simply walk up to Orr, especially Bourque. Orr knew he incited a questionable event against Plekanac and was ready to go and fight. Is Bourque dumb or something? Orr had already dropped his gloves and Bourque grabbed him. Orr had no idea who it was - his kill switch was engaged when the gloves are dropped and he is surrounded by red jerseys. No one in their right mind would grab him unless he was ready to go.

Old
mikeo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
What? I've got no preference in this, but it's absolutely clear Pacioretty was mugging Grabovski with his arm across Grabovski's face; you can even see that Grabovski looks to be struggling to get free, not even knowing whose arm it is that's grabbing onto his face.
We're in the twilight zone here, where completely inconclusive videos are labelled as "conclusive" and videos are said to "clearly" show things that they never showed.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

vCash: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
Oh, ok. So the guy has his arm around your mouth and nose from behind. Solution, just punch him. Sounds like it would work well.

Alternately, you could move as he's holding you there. Seems simple enough to do as I can't breathe.
How was he supposed to move? He was sandwiched in between several people. I doubt he'd even be able to elbow him or turn around and give him a punch,

Old
02-09-2013, 10:05 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
We're in the twilight zone here, where completely inconclusive videos are labelled as "conclusive" and videos are said to "clearly" show things that they never showed.
Don't forget that dimly lit picture with a circle in it.

Closed Thread