HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team 990 Top 5 remaining UFA

Old
07-06-2006, 10:36 AM
x-bob

vCash: 500
I read on the Leafs board (what the hell was I doing there?) that Lindros is pretty much signed. The sources are on the Leafs board

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
I read on the Leafs board (what the hell was I doing there?) that Lindros is pretty much signed. The sources are on the Leafs board
good, they can keep Bonnie's boy

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:40 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Extra years as options (player or team) aren't allowed in the new CBA, as I recall.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Stone Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
That's only if you view the 3rd line in a traditional checking way. I think the Habs are to a point where they don't have much in terms of top end talent but have enough depth to roll 3 balanced scoring lines and one checking/energy line. Ryder's bread and butter is PP, not 5-on-5.
granted, they have a different style, but I don't see Sykora producing more in MTL then Zednik did. This is what I was thinking in my comment.

Stone Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:43 AM
KaptainKourage*

No Shanahan ? Did he sign somewhere during I sleep ?
Beh.. no Kozlov here please.. freaking grosse vache à lait...

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:44 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
that's your opinion and I respect it, but I don't agree. I think Koslov with Kovalev could be something to watch
Samsonov is also a playmaker so Kozlov on the line with Kovy would have a different role. The line of Kovy, Sammy and Kozlov would be enetrtaining.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:45 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cutter View Post
granted, they have a different style, but I don't see Sykora producing more in MTL then Zednik did. This is what I was thinking in my comment.
Sykora played like a soft Zed last year.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Astaroth

Samsonov is a viable option, and he has been productive when not injured. In this year's postseason, he was injured and still produced. We still need to round out our Top 6 which is looking pretty bad at the moment. Our prospects still need polish, they are too raw. And Perezhogin needs to learn or remember how to finish before he can hack it. Even now, he's in the nebulous zone; third liner but not really since he's not a checker.

Sykora; if he's to perform, it needs to be a one year contrat. He needs to find his game again. But if he does, it'll be the biggest bargain ever because he's one hell of a warrior... when he's on.

Kozlov: Underacheiver, yes, enigma, yes, worse than Ribeiro... no. His skillset is quite amazing, has good size and is deceptively fast. Big problem, he dissapears for months at a time. When he gets it together, he makes Kovalev look like a pee-wee (I exagerrate barely). But he almost never does.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:16 AM
BORAT

Kozlov is a big Forward who is definitly more of a presence on the second line than anything we currently really have

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:18 AM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
Samsonov is a viable option, and he has been productive when not injured. In this year's postseason, he was injured and still produced. We still need to round out our Top 6 which is looking pretty bad at the moment. Our prospects still need polish, they are too raw. And Perezhogin needs to learn or remember how to finish before he can hack it. Even now, he's in the nebulous zone; third liner but not really since he's not a checker.

Sykora; if he's to perform, it needs to be a one year contrat. He needs to find his game again. But if he does, it'll be the biggest bargain ever because he's one hell of a warrior... when he's on.

Kozlov: Underacheiver, yes, enigma, yes, worse than Ribeiro... no. His skillset is quite amazing, has good size and is deceptively fast. Big problem, he dissapears for months at a time. When he gets it together, he makes Kovalev look like a pee-wee (I exagerrate barely). But he almost never does.

totally agree

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Kaizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
Again, I ask for confirmation about this 'cause I didn't remember Kozlov with Kovy on his line. But that's what they said so.....I guess Kovy played on 2 lines at one point so probably end up playing with Kozlov at one point.
May be it's me but I don't remember any signle shift when Kovalev and Kozlov played together

Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:52 PM
jcpenny

Ribeiro and Kozlov skill wise are kind of the same except Kozlov has a better shot and hes 6'5 and shoot right...come to think of it id give him a one year deal, trade ribeiro and bring up Grabovsky next year.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Reiher

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal25m View Post
A one year deal..ok..one thing I remember with Kozlov...he was very good at penelty shots....
call up dagenais for that

Reiher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 04:18 PM
sposman

I have no problem with a guy like Kozlov or Carter for 1 year. These kinds of players are perfect (for 1 year) for a team with a lot of rookies that still need to try and make the postseason. Another teams will always be interested in a veteran type during the year on a 1 year contract. If you see your young players are progressing to the point where they NEED more ice time, it shouldn't be difficult to move a guy like Kozlov or Carter (assuming they have performed at decent levels).

sposman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

1- Samsonov : I'd pass.Already have too many small forwards like him.I'd rather see Perez , Kost or Latendresse in the spot instead.

2- Sykora : Coukd be a decent replacement for the Z man even though i'm not very high on him overall.

3- Carter : Wouldn't mind him if the price is right.Scored 33 goals last year.Would be an good replacement for the Z man.

4- Kozlov : I have read too many horror stories about this guy from Florida and NJ fans.I don't think that it would be a good idea at all , especially if he wants a long term contract.Only way he could be interesting is if he accept a 1 year/low money "tryout" contract.

5- Lindros : Do you want me to go on a rant ?

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 05:30 PM
HabstuckinTO

Not much interest in most of them, but Kozlov would be interesting short term. Lindros, though, is a different story. Gainey is too smart for that. Besides, my hatred for him was complete when he signed for the Leafs - homecoming for the big momma's boy - please don't destroy that.

HabstuckinTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 12:20 AM
chillmat

Must say that Shanahan is the guy that will fit the best the Habs needs in offense, he's big, has a good shot and, the more important, he stays in front of the net and provides loads of goals in PP...

chillmat is offline   Reply With Quote