HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2013, 10:29 PM
  #651
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Just finished watching the Gorges interview where he was asked about the Grabovski biting.

Pacioretty had him in a sleeper's hold. What the hell does he expect and what do you do to get out of that?!

This will get blown way out of proportion.
Wait so... He bit Patches ? So he should get suspended.

The bullcrap argument about the sleeper hold doesnt stand. Every body gets holded like that.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
  #652
ottawa
go habs go
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,125
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by will13 View Post
Habs fans just can't accept the fact that they got their ***** handed to them by the leafs..
We can accept that fact. Habs got dominated...the leafs played dirty though that's the topic of the title. Everyone is talking about the bite, not the habs fans so called 'denial of ass handing'.

__________________
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/SpiderManNL/24cups.gif
ottawa is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
  #653
Sundinftw
Registered User
 
Sundinftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,887
vCash: 500
Half of you didn't even watch the game yet are spewing completely misinformed judgements. Typical HFers

Sundinftw is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
  #654
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
No one can convince you because you are completely illogical. The league will say there was no knee on knee collision there. I would bet you $10 000 using an escrow service right now that no suspension will come from the hit attempt of Plekanec. And I know you won't take the bet because your argument has no evidentiary basis other than blatant homerism.
We'll see. Maybe you're right. I still think he stuck out the knee though.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
  #655
SP
Registered User
 
SP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Did not watch the game, don't know anything about him, but just from reading this thread, I like him.

Who does he play for?

SP is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:31 PM
  #656
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Look at it from the side angle. This is after Plecky dodges it.

It was as clear as an attempt to injure gets imo.
Do you know what kneeing is? You clearly haven't played hockey or watched hockey for long enough to understand. To take out someones knee, Orr's left leg would have to be stuck out of his body as Plekanac dodges the hit. Orr's left leg couldn't be further underneath his center of mass. Leg to center of mass positioning is a defining characteristic of the intent of the hit. When people have their legs under their body, it means they are stabilizing to hit with their upper body. When they stick their leg out, they are intenting to catch the player with their body part.

You are completely clueless and it is beyond hilarious - I just feel sorry for you.

12345* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:31 PM
  #657
mikeo1
Registered User
 
mikeo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post



Pay attention Habs fans: This is what we call "conclusive" and "clear" evidence.

mikeo1 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:31 PM
  #658
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)
 
snizzbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 500
Colton Orr's 'Knee'

Please skip to 1:11 of this video for the angle of where the contact was made. Clearly no knee contact. Orr goes for a big open ice hit, which probably would have been a charge if connected, Pleks jumps out of the way, and gets clip by Orr's skate. No knee whatsoever.










snizzbone is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:31 PM
  #659
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,098
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Wait so... He bit Patches ? So he should get suspended.

The bullcrap argument about the sleeper hold doesnt stand. Every body gets holded like that.
I dare you to find even one image of that happening to anyone else.

Leafsdude7 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:31 PM
  #660
Badger Mayhew*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,682
vCash: 500
P.K Subban punches Komarov in a fit of rage. No penalty

Anybody have a gif/image/video? Because everyone who watched the game knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Badger Mayhew* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
  #661
stakesishigh
how swede it is
 
stakesishigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Look at it from the side angle. This is after Plecky dodges it.

It was as clear as an attempt to injure gets imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Thief.
His stuff ^




Explain to me what part of this play is "as clear as an attempt to injure gets"

Please, enlighten the rest of us in this thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SenacusMaximus View Post
Two things: "Habs fans" are not a team; and I'm pretty sure the rational thought is coming from the other side in this thread.
You know things are serious when a Sens fan is defending against the Hab delusion.

stakesishigh is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
  #662
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenacusMaximus View Post
Two things: "Habs fans" are not a team; and I'm pretty sure the rational thought is coming from the other side in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2626 View Post
Well that's a rather irrational statement. And there's no better sign of class than sanctimony.
Oh yeah rational thinking like : he took him in a sleeper hold so hes right to bite him

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
  #663
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Wait so... He bit Patches ? So he should get suspended.

The bullcrap argument about the sleeper hold doesnt stand. Every body gets holded like that.
Everyone is holded like that, yeah?

I don't know, man. It's hard to get holded like that.

Rob Brown is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
  #664
Winreims
Registered User
 
Winreims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Pacioretty now knows not to grab a guy's face and try to rip it off. Piece of **** he is

Winreims is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
  #665
HABS2DCUP
Registered User
 
HABS2DCUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP View Post
Did not watch the game, don't know anything about him, but just from reading this thread, I like him.

Who does he play for?
Nashville Predators.

HABS2DCUP is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
  #666
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,098
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post
Explain to me what part of this play is "as clear as an attempt to injure gets"

Please, enlighten the rest of us in this thread.
Thief.

Leafsdude7 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
  #667
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Did you ignore my post?

And side angle is going to be a much worse angle to judge this.

Must have missed it. Maybe if you used more smileys I don't know.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #668
Ewan McGregor
Registered User
 
Ewan McGregor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,055
vCash: 1053
Why are Habs acting like Pacioretty would even fight Grabo? He's pretty much a wuss. Like the rest of the team.

Ewan McGregor is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #669
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,098
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Must have missed it. Maybe if you used more smileys I don't know.
It's been posted 5 times now.

You're either blind (in which case, my apologies, but then how the hell do you think it might have been a knee in the first place) or purposely and willfully ignoring it.


Last edited by Leafsdude7: 02-09-2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Edit: posted 5 times :)
Leafsdude7 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #670
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post
Explain to me what part of this play is "as clear as an attempt to injure gets"

Please, enlighten the rest of us in this thread.


You know things are serious when a Sens fan is defending the Hab delusion.
If Plekanec remains still and doesnt dodge him he's clearly getting injured.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #671
ottawa
go habs go
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,125
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
None of this piling up when there is a scrum, drop the gloves if you plan on coming in. (I'm looking at you Bourque, Atleast Grabovski intending on going with Prust [bad idea, i know] )

It's a mans game.
did you even watch the game. He wasn't coming in to challenge Orr, he was coming in to defend Gionta so he didn't get the **** kicked out of him. Please watch the game before making uninformed posts.

ottawa is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:34 PM
  #672
Kesselology
License to Phil
 
Kesselology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
We can accept that fact. Habs got dominated...the leafs played dirty though that's the topic of the title. Everyone is talking about the bite, not the habs fans so called 'denial of ass handing' so troll some more why don't you, and do a better job at it
Change your avatar, you're making excuses. At least we didn't run Price like when your little wannabe NHLer pushed Dion, without the puck, directly into Reimer. McLaren could have rearranged Georges's face but decided to just go for the emotional victory. Subban literally punched Komarov in the jock at one point. Plekanec threw Orr's stick for no reason, then Gionta takes a run at him and rather than getting punched in the face like he deserved Orr goes for a clean takedown. Then Bourque gets the solid punch to the face that he deserved.

The only way the Leafs played dirty tonight is in their 6 dirty goals against one of the best goalies in the NHL (I'll concede at least one compliment in this post) in a complete smackdown. Can't wait for next game.

Kesselology is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:34 PM
  #673
compile
Give me Scotch!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vaughan, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,706
vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Do you hear yourself? You're right, it was orr/gionta and then Bourque jumped in. That right there gives orr the right to deck bourque. He will not get any sympathy from Shannahan or the hockeyworld. If you're 3rd man in you're fair game.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest...unches-Bourque
go watch the ****ing video.
Gionta DOES NOT drop his gloves, neither does Bourque, so since both players wanted to curse him out, he has the RIGHT to drop his gloves and clock 2 people?

Btw, he had his knee out. Pleks dodged the hit, hitting Orr's skate in the process. Go watch it frame by frame.

Throwing a stick != taking a run at someone. This is why the NHL is a farce of a league, because UNSKILLED baboons play in it, and the fans love them for their "unsportsmanlike" conduct.

Can't wait until fighting is gone, so I can start watching real hockey again.

__________________
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire
There's no ghosts... only god exists. Luckily, he is our netminder.
compile is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:34 PM
  #674
bruins_19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
ya there was no knee but LOL I doubt this thread ends well

bruins_19 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:34 PM
  #675
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post




Explain to me what part of this play is "as clear as an attempt to injure gets"

Please, enlighten the rest of us in this thread.


You know things are serious when a Sens fan is defending the Hab delusion.
Well nothing in this still shot. I'm talking about the part just before. When Orr's leg was so far left it looked like he was about to pull a groin.

Jigger77 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.