HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predictions -David Aebischer

Old
07-06-2006, 12:18 AM
yannhabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
People still waiting for Huet to falter, it makes me laugh.
Hey guys,

I am one to say that Huet played excellent for us last year. No negative comments on my part.

BUT, will he continue with performance night after night?
Ther are still many question mark in my mind toward Huet.

One half of season doesn't make a career... He has always been a second goalie in every team he's been with, so it might simply be he was on a hot streak (as was our entire team, for the most part).

I personnally would go for keeping Abby for the start of the season just to make sure that Huet is the real deal. After a long summer Huet might come back to earth with regular performance, not what he had us used to last year.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. He was HUGE for us last year and hope it will continue. But I rather have a back-up plan just in case it wasn't a one half of the season performance.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents in this matter

GO Habs GO
GO Huet GO

yannhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Yea we don`t know much Huet can really do. Aebischer is a proven number one goalie and I would not have a problem having him as a starter. I just have this feeling on the long run Huet will crumble.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Stone Cutter

I can see that several of you don't feel too comfortable with Huet on the long run, but Gainey's message is pretty clear to me, giving Huet a 3+ millions contract is because he'll be our #1 for the season. Bob beleive that Huet can do it again otherwise he would not have given this type of money for a guy that he beleives to be at best a #2.

Also, I don't see Bob keeping Aebischer just in case that Huet crumble. To be honest, whit that type of contract, I think that MTL will give Huet the full season to prove's himself again. If he has a bad start, they'll keep playing him with some rest (Danis starts). He will have to suck real bad to be remove from the #1 job now IMO. You just don't keep a 3 millions $ guy on the bench.

There also the matter of Danis needed to go through waiver or not. I'm not sure if this was settle or not, but in the event that Danis needs to go on waiver before being sent to Hamilton... I'm not sure that Bob will try as Danis could be a good back up for a team like NJ for example.

The way I see it, Aebischer is has good as gone. It's just a mather of where and for what. Obviously, Gainey will not trade him if the offer are not good enough, after all, better have him as a back up then a 5th round pick... ST-Louis, Detrois and Florida are team that I suspect could have some interest. St-Louis tried to sign Gerber, so they are looking for a G despite what their fans says.

Stone Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:26 AM
yannhabs

Also, I'm almost sure that if abby gets traded, it will be in a package deal, since there are much better goalies still available on the trade market than him. I'm thinking of Buffalo's and San Jose's goalies.

So teams will most likely go after them before they go for abby.
Unless if do a package deal and add a forward or defense to the trade.

yannhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:50 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I don`t know why but I get this vibe that the Habs would be better off with Aebischer than Huet. On the long run I`m afraid as a top goalie, Huet will crumble.
Having two goalies to start the first half with the backup stealing games would be great.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Astaroth

When given his chance, I predict he will take the number one spot from Huet. He will be that good.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:02 AM
znk

I'd take Hasek at 500K

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:53 AM
saskhab

I only see Florida, St. Louis, Detroit and possibly Columbus as in the market for a goalie of Aebi's caliber (possible #1, or at least a vet to split duties with another goalie).

Detroit looks to be getting Belfour if he passes his physicals, I could see St. Louis or Florida targeting Manny Legace to split with Sanford/Auld, and then targeting Biron via trade first, then Aebischer.

Anaheim and San Jose are both wildcards... I think they might move their goalies mid-season. If Giguere hasn't been traded yet, I don't see that happening unless Burke really pushes for it.

My money is more on a Huet/Aebischer tandem to begin the season now. At that point, I'd expect nothing but a Hackett type return for him.

saskhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 02:28 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
for who?

deals I'd consider...

to stl
Abby
Souray
Ribs

to mtl
Backman
2nd round pick 06
mcammond
thoughts?
Dean McAmmond isn't with the Blues anymore....

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
for who?

deals I'd consider...

to stl
Abby
Souray
Ribs

to mtl
Backman
2nd round pick 06
mcammond

or

to stl
Abby
Ribs
Zednik

to mtl
Tkachuk
3rd pick 06

thoughts?

STL will never send us Tkachuk, they didn't trade him last year you can bet he's there to stay. He's their franchise player even when he shows up 30 lbs overweight. I'd say Aebisher for Barett Jackman...He could make a good partner for Markov, has got grit and is great at D...but has no offensive upside so I'd see that trade being about even.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I can see the blues going with sanford

The blues were a 500 team with sanford in net. Too bad he got injured. He deserves another shot.

If he falters, the blues may look elsewhere then but they may already have their solution.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:41 PM
albertonhabsfan

Of course people want Huet to fail so they can go up one side of him and down the other, look at Jose gave us at least 3-4 awesome years, vezina winner and other awards, he has a bad stretch of 2-3 months over his tenure with the habs and he's hated and "has to go" we traded away one of the best goalies in the past 10 years because he was in a slunp for 2-3 months after how great he was for the habs for years!!! Good luke Huet, your gonna need it!!! don't slump or you'll see your head on a stake!!!!!

albertonhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 03:39 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Having two goalies to start the first half with the backup stealing games would be great.
I think having two good goalies could be a genuine strength for us if used right. It worked for the Sabres last season. We have to use what we have if we don`t have anything else. We could trade one of them at the trade limit before the playoffs(since by then a lot of goal tending "progects" would have failed for other teams).

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2 View Post
Only thing certain is he wont be traded until Huet is re-signed.
Huh ? Where the f have you been ?

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote