HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

vCash: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Oh yeah rational thinking like : he took him in a sleeper hold so hes right to bite him
Dude, his arm is in his ****ing mouth. If some guy was trying to tear your head off and his arm was in your mouth, you'd probably bite it out of sheer instinct.

That's not to say that he actually bit him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post

You know things are serious when a Sens fan is defending against the Hab delusion.
I'm in the business of siding with the side I think has the right of it. Doesn't matter the team. Plus Leafs > Habs anyway.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:35 PM
1stoverall

vCash: 500
habs fans are just butt hurt/thread

Old
02-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
I'm sure the RCMP has been informed and has already formed a special unit to prosecute this travesty.
I find these comments and the 911 comments amusing coming from leaf fans and even bruin fans. Dino Ciccarelli was charged and actually spent a day in jail for an incident against a leaf player in Toronto.

Boston police also attempted to arrest a Montreal player in the dressing room after a game.

Old
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
did you even watch the game. He wasn't coming in to challenge Orr, he was coming in to defend Gionta so he didn't get the **** kicked out of him. Please watch the game before making uninformed posts.
Did YOU watch the game? Orr was fighting/battling with the player and Bourque came over and grabbed him by the head. That's a challenge to me. What was orr to do? Take it like a *****? Sorry, he isn't a Hab...

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
It's been posted 5 times now.

You're either blind (in which case, my apologies, but then how the hell do you think it might have been a knee in the first place) or purposely and willfully ignoring it.
Yeah probably.

Old
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Well nothing in this still shot. I'm talking about the part just before. When Orr's leg was so far left it looked like he was about to pull a groin.
WTF?

His leg is properly wide in the first image. Clearly, he went to throw the hit and, as is expected, he pulled his legs together. You can't say that, because he was skating in the proper balanced position with his legs apart right before he threw the hit, he was trying to knee him when he immediately and quickly pulled that knee inward as he went to throw the hit.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenacusMaximus View Post
Dude, his arm is in his ****ing mouth. If some guy was trying to tear your head off and his arm was in your mouth, you'd probably bite it out of sheer instinct.

I'm in the business of siding with the side I think has the right of it. Doesn't matter the team. Plus Leafs > Habs anyway.
I like this guy

Sens > Habs

Old
Ewan McGregor

vCash: 622
Quote:
Well nothing in this still shot. I'm talking about the part just before. When Orr's leg was so far left it looked like he was about to pull a groin.
Looks like Orr pulled his knee in actually.

Old
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
Why are Habs acting like Pacioretty would even fight Grabo? He's pretty much a wuss. Like the rest of the team.
What are you talking about? He clearly had no regard for his own safety when he went after Mikhail Grabovski. It's a good thing he did, Grabovski may have just killed Brandon Prust.

I think the Montreal police should launch a full investigation into the matter.

Old
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2626 View Post
Change your avatar, you're making excuses. At least we didn't run Price like when your little wannabe NHLer pushed Dion, without the puck, directly into Reimer. McLaren could have rearranged Georges's face but decided to just go for the emotional victory. Subban literally punched Komarov in the jock at one point. Plekanec threw Orr's stick for no reason, then Gionta takes a run at him and rather than getting punched in the face like he deserved Orr goes for a clean takedown. Then Bourque gets the solid punch to the face that he deserved.

The only way the Leafs played dirty tonight is in their 6 dirty goals against one of the best goalies in the NHL (I'll concede at least one compliment in this post) in a complete smackdown. Can't wait for next game.
This is probably the most biased post in this thread...poor innocent leafs right? You make it sound like they were victimized and set up by the habs to look like the most classless bullies take off your homer-glasses. Both teams ****ed up, but to put the entire blames on the habs is just being a homer to a tee. The leafs deffs did some stupid things too, like the Colton Orr punch on Bourque for coming in (not to fight) to defend Gionta was just unfair. I'll admit the habs were also playing dirty too. And this isn't directed to specifically you, but other leafs fans too that are implying just what you are.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
OK, so we've established that
1) Orr did not try to knee Plekanec
2) Grabovski did not bite Pacioretty

But Montreal fans are still arguing...well, I have no clue what the hell they're talking about. They're just raging.

Old
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
did you even watch the game. He wasn't coming in to challenge Orr, he was coming in to defend Gionta so he didn't get the **** kicked out of him. Please watch the game before making uninformed posts.
Guess how hockey players defend themselves?

I'll give you a hit - its not hugging.

And guess who pursued Orr - it was Gionta. Orr didn't pursue anyone. Don't skate up like a tough guy who is already ready to go. Orr knew he ran Plekanac and was expecting to have to handle it. Nothing would have happened if no one skated up to Orr. Montreal thought they needed to respond, and the result is just the nature of who was involved.

You poked the bear (Orr), the bear got enraged (dropped the gloves), and attempted to tame him with a hug? (What?).

Old
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
This whole situation is getting blown out of proportion so bad.

You can clearly see Orr pull his leg AWAY. Why so angry?
Pacioretty shoved his arm INTO Grabo's mouth. Why so angry?
Bourque JUMPED on Orr while he had his gloves off. More questionable, but it will get dealt with.

When someone tries to knee somebody else, they put their leg OUT. Not pull it in.

When you shove your arm in someone's mouth, it does not matter if they bite you or are already deceased. You are going to get bite marks and it's going to hurt.

And honestly, you can't jump on an enforcers head while he has his gloves off and not expect to get punched. Obviously Bourque had to protect Gionta, but to stand there with a blank stare on his face and not protect himself? You need to know that is coming. But still, Orr will be dealt with on this one.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Plekanics or w/e his name is, is dirty so karma was trying to get him back

Mclaren laughing is hysterical

Old
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post

this isnt a knee?

Old
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP View Post
Did not watch the game, don't know anything about him, but just from reading this thread, I like him.
Who does he play for?
This for me.

Gotta make sure to catch a Habs game soon, one of the few teams I haven't watched a full game of yet.

Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenacusMaximus View Post

The thing is he's not freaking trying to tear Grabovski's head off.. And even if he was, biting is some girl thing and shouldnt be done.

I agree though that Prust did not help the whole case. If he stayed calm probably none of this wouldve happened.

Old
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins_19 View Post
LOL I doubt this thread ends well
10th times the charm?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

vCash: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
I like this guy

Sens > Habs

I sincerely hope that Grabovski receives no follow up discipline for this incident.

I also agree with everything that has been said about the Orr situation, in regards to him doing nothing inherently wrong.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Okay so Leafs fans are saying that FOR SURE Pacioretty had his whole arm in Grabovski's mouth....but there's no conclusive evidence that Grabovksi bite him....I mean, where do you see all of that and in the same time don't see any of it? I mean you did ALL see that he was choking him to death as well.....but no sign of biting.

And about the fact that Grabovski CLEARLY wanted to fight Prust...can't wait the next game till he will clearly invite Prust to fight him. I mean, with no referees in the middle of them or anything. I mean, when Gorges, as stupid as it is, thought he had to show some nerves and went with McLaren he actually....went with McLaren. While Grabovski, aside form his biting and him putting his hockey stick in between his opponent's legs....he doesn't really want to fight. Trust me.

Old
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
this isnt a knee?
Hint: You can't knee someone by sticking your knee underneath your body.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:42 PM
PunchDLove*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
this isnt a knee?
Uh, no. That's Orr attempting to lower his shoulder into Plekanec.

Old
blendermf
GO LEAFS GO!

Quote:
Yeah, lets look at that, and ignore the part where Orr moved his leg in away from the player.

Old
ottawa*
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Guess how hockey players defend themselves?

I'll give you a hit - its not hugging.

And guess who pursued Orr - it was Gionta. Orr didn't pursue anyone. Don't skate up like a tough guy who is already ready to go. Orr knew he ran Plekanac and was expecting to have to handle it. Nothing would have happened if no one skated up to Orr. Montreal thought they needed to respond, and the result is just the nature of who was involved.

You poked the bear (Orr), the bear got enraged (dropped the gloves), and attempted to tame him with a smurf hug? (What?).
So you're saying Bourque deserved to come in and get punched even though he wasn't coming to fight Orr but only to defend Gionta by separating them? Bourque didn't even have his gloves off while Orr did, he definitely wasn't there to drop them and fight or he would have skated up to him with his gloves off. Like I said, watch the game before making a decision...there is no doubt in my mind he was there just to separate the fight and save Gionta from getting beat up.

Old
blueNwhite89

don't know what these guys were thinking going up against the leafs heavyweights tonight. did they win a single fight?

Closed Thread