HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Encompassing Tanking/Rebuilding/Selling at Deadline Thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 09:02 PM
CaliHab84

vCash: 500
this is the stupidest thread ever, i guess this is where the band-wagoners come...us real fans will still watch our team till the last second on the buzzer, ya we lost there is always tomorrow.......

Old
02-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliHab84 View Post
this is the stupidest thread ever, i guess this is where the band-wagoners come...us real fans will still watch our team till the last second on the buzzer, ya we lost there is always tomorrow.......
There are some fan who just want an 8-9-10 place team forever. There are some Habs fans that wants them to win the cup someday. I am of the second opinion.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:10 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
You don't win a cup by tanking. That's not a thing that happens.
You win a cup through good management, and we have a good management team. This team is leaps and bounds better than last year's, and it's only going to get better. Tank talk is only for people too ignorant to grasp the concept of running a hockey team.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Should be called the official "fans breaking their ankles jumping off the bandwagon" thread.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
You win a cup through good management, and we have a good management team. This team is leaps and bounds better than last year's, and it's only going to get better. Tank talk is only for people too ignorant to grasp the concept of running a hockey team.
That has yet to be seen...

Old
02-09-2013, 09:13 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
That has yet to be seen...
Well I feel as though Bergevin is a step in the right direction?

Old
02-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
By Tanking we all meen rebuilding. getting assets now to make our team better for the future.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
How are we supposed to be tanking with a winning record? Also, yeah 4 points away from bottom. 4 points also gets us division lead.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
How are we supposed to be tanking with a winning record? Also, yeah 4 points away from bottom. 4 points also gets us division lead.
Well the trade deadline is still far away. in a few game we should be closer to the bottom of the conference.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:35 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
I was ambivalent but getting Subban under the contract he did was really good. Now to see if he's gonna try to get Ryan O'Rielly and/or move DD.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:45 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
By Tanking we all meen rebuilding. getting assets now to make our team better for the future.
Rebuilding how? Trading proven players for question marks? Idiotic. Plus, we're 12 games into new management, new coaches, new everything. Are you going to whine like a little baby about tanking every time this team loses a few games?

Please.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Rebuilding how? Trading proven players for question marks? Idiotic. Plus, we're 12 games into new management, new coaches, new everything. Are you going to whine like a little baby about tanking every time this team loses a few games?

Please.
I am not whining, i have been hoping for such a rebuild for the last 15 years. And during that time, never once were we consodered a true cup contender. We have postponed the inevitable... I am hoping for what is best for our team. Short term sacrifice, for long term gain.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Undertakerqc

I could rellay see us assing two other first round pick this year by trading both Plekanec and Markov. And with markov they could possibly also get another second round pick. DD could possibly garner a second round pick. As for Gionta, Cole, Bourque, Bouillon and Moen, not sure we can geta second round draft pick for any of them. But maybe Bergevin can work some magic. Moen could have gotten us a second last year.

So that could mean we could have at least 3 First round draft pick, plus 5 second round draft pick. This would be awesome.

After those trade you play Galchenyuk and Eller has the top two centers till any of these draft pick can remove any of them from that spot.

Would open ton of cap space, althought not sure we should use that space right away.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
It's a marathon, not a sprint and not a roller coaster. Teams will have ups and downs. Folks that change their opinions based on hot or cold starts don't really have any real convictions towards their beliefs.
BTW,

When I said this a few weeks back, folks should realize that it goes both ways. The club did get off to a great start and has now run into the ditch. Yeah we got clobbered tonight but we're not as bad as the team we iced. We weren't as good as the team that started 6-1 but we're not as bad as what we saw tonight. There are some positive developments that we've seent this season not the least of which is the addition of the Gallys.

Just stay cool, watch what the team does in the coming weeks and how it reacts. Maybe we're better than last year (I suspect we are) or maybe not. And if we're not then we shouldn't go freaking out. We knew it was a possibility and if it comes to fruition then let's hope that management takes the rebuilding path.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon and there will be ups and downs. People who keep switching their opinions based on one or two wins or losses aren't worth paying attention to.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
With a home heavy schedule and facing some of the worst teams in the league so far for the most part. Not too mention OTT without Spezza and Gonchar.

This is a team that may still make the playoffs, but it's far more because of how bad the East is than anything else.
And we has wins against teams such has Washington and Florida. Its clear after tonight shelacking, we will go down fast.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
BTW remember guys that we have in our management guys that went throught succesfull complete rebuild, like Bergevin (in Chicago and Pittsburgh) and Dudley in Chicago.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:23 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
BTW,

When I said this a few weeks back, folks should realize that it goes both ways. The club did get off to a great start and has now run into the ditch. Yeah we got clobbered tonight but we're not as bad as the team we iced. We weren't as good as the team that started 6-1 but we're not as bad as what we saw tonight. There are some positive developments that we've seent this season not the least of which is the addition of the Gallys.

Just stay cool, watch what the team does in the coming weeks and how it reacts. Maybe we're better than last year (I suspect we are) or maybe not. And if we're not then we shouldn't go freaking out. We knew it was a possibility and if it comes to fruition then let's hope that management takes the rebuilding path.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon and there will be ups and downs. People who keep switching their opinions based on one or two wins or losses aren't worth paying attention to.
We're not as bad as the team that lost 6-0 to Toronto, but we're probably a team that ties Toronto 2-2 or 3-3. We're equivalent to Toronto, maybe a little worse, maybe a little better. I would think equivalent, I had both Toronto and Montreal as bottom-5 teams in the conference in my predictions at the start of the year.

We also shouldn't throw away data on the basis of "small sample size". The games against Boston and Toronto demonstrate a significant problem with this team: we're small, and we're forced to play a soft perimeter game against big, physical teams. That is a fundamental weakness.

We can have short guys on our team, like Gallagher, Desharnais, and Gionta; we just can't have three of them.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Well, I'm not posting in patofqc's 'tank thread' because that guy is basically a troll who wants the club to lose for the sake of it.
You mean a Nordiques fan?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Well, I'm not posting in patofqc's 'tank thread' because that guy is basically a troll who wants the club to lose for the sake of it.
LOL, not at all, i want us to rebuild now to be better later. If that makes me a troll, then a troll i am

Old
02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Tanking?

naaaah not enough for our team

We need some .........

...........Tumblering !!!!!!!!!

Old
02-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
You mean a Nordiques fan?
BTW the Nordiques have been gone for almost 18 years... believe it or not, i switched to being a Habs fan. Anyway i am used to the Flak, i have been getting it from Nords fans cause i root for the Habs.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I didn't want to be the one to bump this thread, as I feel it's still to early to tell.

At the beginning of the season, before games were played, I predicted 11th-15th place. However the improved play in the first few games made me suspect that bubble team status was possible.

We'll have to see, obviously finishing 14th is better than finishing 9th.
I'm on the fence as far as tanking, and I'm not sure tonight's game is an indication of what our team is made of, but if we're going downhill for a while, I agree that finishing 14th of Eastern conference is way better than finishing 9th, especially with this year's draft...

Old
02-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
I'm on the fence as far as tanking, and I'm not sure tonight's game is an indication of what our team is made of, but if we're going downhill for a while, I agree that finishing 14th of Eastern conference is way better than finishing 9th, especially with this year's draft...
And if we are that low in the standing, the right thing would be to start trading guys like DD, Plekanec, Markov, and older players so we can add to the 4 picks we have in the first to round.

I could see us adding 2 more first round pick and 2 second.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
And if we are that low in the standing, the right thing would be to start trading guys like DD, Plekanec, Markov, and older players so we can add to the 4 picks we have in the first to round.

I could see us adding 2 more first round pick and 2 second.
Imagine how great it would be to add 8 quality prospect to our pool of young players. Plus we already have a pretty good foundation with guys like Subban, Price, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller, Tinordi.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:49 PM
OneSharpMarble

Montreal is 2-4-1 against our own division, that is not a good sign.

Closed Thread