HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2013, 10:42 PM
  #701
Winreims
Registered User
 
Winreims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
The thing is he's not freaking trying to tear Grabovski's head off.
******** he isn't! Watch it again

Winreims is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:42 PM
  #702
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,191
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
this isnt a knee?
If you pay attention, you'll notice that Orr's skate is still in front of Plekanec's. The next screenshot shows that the actual leg contact is around the ankle, hence why the two of the fell as they did.

It's funny just how well this thread shows the general unreliability of our eyes.

Leafsdude7 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
  #703
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
Please skip to 1:11 of this video for the angle of where the contact was made. Clearly no knee contact. Orr goes for a big open ice hit, which probably would have been a charge if connected, Pleks jumps out of the way, and gets clip by Orr's skate. No knee whatsoever.



(...)
No knee contact, but what I see at 1:11 to 1:17 is Orr trying for a knee after Plekanec was agile enough to avoid him.

beauchamp is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
  #704
Quarter
Exploding Knees
 
Quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Okay so Leafs fans are saying that FOR SURE Pacioretty had his whole arm in Grabovski's mouth....but there's no conclusive evidence that Grabovksi bite him....I mean, where do you see all of that and in the same time don't see any of it? I mean you did ALL see that he was choking him to death as well.....but no sign of biting.

And about the fact that Grabovski CLEARLY wanted to fight Prust...can't wait the next game till he will clearly invite Prust to fight him. I mean, with no referees in the middle of them or anything. I mean, when Gorges, as stupid as it is, thought he had to show some nerves and went with McLaren he actually....went with McLaren. While Grabovski, aside form his biting and him putting his hockey stick in between his opponent's legs....he doesn't really want to fight. Trust me.
Go take a breather buddy. You need one.

Quarter is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
  #705
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Wait so... He bit Patches ? So he should get suspended.

The bullcrap argument about the sleeper hold doesnt stand. Every body gets holded like that.
Not if its not your fight and you're coming up behind a guy and choking the crap out of him.

If you have the ***** come face to face, at least.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
  #706
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,924
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Okay so Leafs fans are saying that FOR SURE Pacioretty had his whole arm in Grabovski's mouth....but there's no conclusive evidence that Grabovksi bite him....I mean, where do you see all of that and in the same time don't see any of it? I mean you did ALL see that he was choking him to death as well.....but no sign of biting.

And about the fact that Grabovski CLEARLY wanted to fight Prust...can't wait the next game till he will clearly invite Prust to fight him. I mean, with no referees in the middle of them or anything. I mean, when Gorges, as stupid as it is, thought he had to show some nerves and went with McLaren he actually....went with McLaren. While Grabovski, aside form his biting and him putting his hockey stick in between his opponent's legs....he doesn't really want to fight. Trust me.
Please...Grabovski isn't scared of a rat like Prust.

He fought Chris Neil knowing fully well he could have gotten his ass kicked to protect a teammate.

Pi is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:44 PM
  #707
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stoverall View Post
habs fans are just butt hurt/thread
Do you even realize that the OP is a Leafs fan?

beauchamp is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:44 PM
  #708
ktf
Registered User
 
ktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ktf
As i was unfortunate enough to learn once... if you stick your finger/arm in someones mouth they will probably bite you...
In this case, Grabovski probably bit him, but you cannot really tell from that video, because his forearm is wrapped so tightly around grabovski mouth lol. He probably bit him, but I mean hes squeezing him so hard... This would be a great debate to settle with a physical experiment. Everyone just find a friend, stand behind him and put your forearm in his mouth and pull hard... see what happens, I am betting you may get teeth marks regardless...

ktf is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:44 PM
  #709
sparxx87
Registered User
 
sparxx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
this isnt a knee?
Is that a serious question?

Kneeing is sticking your knee out. His knees were underneath him. He stuck his ass out and tried to hip check him if anything.

This after Plekanec two handed him going the other way. Poor him.

sparxx87 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:45 PM
  #710
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 35,495
vCash: 500
How many threads about this game do we need?

Epsilon is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:45 PM
  #711
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
Go take a breather buddy. You need one.
Thanks for worrying buddy. I'm fine. It's about time people worry about each other in this mad world.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:45 PM
  #712
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Igy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 500
I guess the only positive thing taken from the game is an Orr or Grabo suspension/fine that will never happen. Nice Habs fans, nice.

Igy is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:45 PM
  #713
black charger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
Not impressed with the Leafs at the moment.

Running up the score. Running at players, with the score out of reach.

Defend if Leaf fans.
Did you watch the game.The Habs players started all the crap but couldn.t finish.

black charger is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:45 PM
  #714
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Okay so Leafs fans are saying that FOR SURE Pacioretty had his whole arm in Grabovski's mouth....but there's no conclusive evidence that Grabovksi bite him....I mean, where do you see all of that and in the same time don't see any of it? I mean you did ALL see that he was choking him to death as well.....but no sign of biting.

And about the fact that Grabovski CLEARLY wanted to fight Prust...can't wait the next game till he will clearly invite Prust to fight him. I mean, with no referees in the middle of them or anything. I mean, when Gorges, as stupid as it is, thought he had to show some nerves and went with McLaren he actually....went with McLaren. While Grabovski, aside form his biting and him putting his hockey stick in between his opponent's legs....he doesn't really want to fight. Trust me.
Uh, it's completely different stepping up when something happens to depend your teammate to fight compared to just challenging someone to fight for no reason. You think Gorges would randomly challenge McLaren next game for no reason? No, he stuck up for his teammate because there was a reason to. There's absolutely no chance Grabo will challenge Prust next game because he has no reason to. Your argument is terrible.

Grabo has stepped up against guys like Neil and Prust when he needs to, but he won't needlessly fight someone. Your point is terrible.

Rob Brown is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:46 PM
  #715
Crossbar Ping
Registered User
 
Crossbar Ping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
Whatever, Im on Grabo's side. The guy puts his hand on his mouth, what do you expect.

Crossbar Ping is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:46 PM
  #716
Quarter
Exploding Knees
 
Quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktf View Post
As i was unfortunate enough to learn once... if you stick your finger/arm in someones mouth they will probably bite you...
In this case, Grabovski probably bit him, but you cannot really tell from that video, because his forearm is wrapped so tightly around grabovski mouth lol. He probably bit him, but I mean hes squeezing him so hard... This would be a great debate to settle with a physical experiment. Everyone just find a friend, stand behind him and put your forearm in his mouth and pull hard... see what happens, I am betting you may get teeth marks regardless...
Logic isn't needed in this thread, please go

Quarter is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:46 PM
  #717
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
(...)
Mclaren laughing is hysterical
And I see an overmatched player with a lot of courage and heart refusing to give up.

beauchamp is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:46 PM
  #718
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Please...Grabovski isn't scared of a rat like Prust.

He fought Chris Neil knowing fully well he could have gotten his ass kicked to protect a teammate.
Fine. So we will see a Prust-Grabovski fight then. Which shouldn't provoke a reaction by Orr or McLaren since Grabovski is totally capable of taking care of himself. Yet....didn't Carlyle said that we started it by going at the little skilled player that was Grabovski? You should talk to Carlyle now...he doesn't seem to be aware that Grabovski was that big tough guy now.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
  #719
CaptainIginla
The king is back
 
CaptainIginla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,355
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Is that a serious question?

Kneeing is sticking your knee out. His knees were underneath him. He stuck his ass out and tried to hip check him if anything.

This after Plekanec two handed him going the other way. Poor him.
His knee wasnt underneath him at all, you get that feeling because of the camera angle, the thing you are missing here is that Plekanec made a lateral movement to avoid the knee! It would have been a knee contact otherwise and I stand by my opinion.

CaptainIginla is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
  #720
blendermf
GO LEAFS GO!
 
blendermf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Stratford, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
How many threads about this game do we need?
It was a heck of game, so I'm not totally surprised. It is kind of amusing though.

blendermf is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
  #721
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,191
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
So you're saying Bourque deserved to come in and get punched even though he wasn't coming to fight Orr but only to defend Gionta by separating them? Bourque didn't even have his gloves off while Orr did, he definitely wasn't there to drop them and fight or he would have skated up to him with his gloves off. Like I said, watch the game before making a decision...there is no doubt in my mind he was there just to separate the fight and save Gionta from getting beat up.
It's the refs job to separate players. Sorry, but players shouldn't be trying to be playing peacemaker in a scrum between a team mate and a player from the opponent. Both of them are in a heighten state of adrenaline and are well in the fight response, so anyone they conceive might be a possible threat is going to get the response that Bourque did.

It's also why linemen who jump into a scrum ASAP are really risking injury to not only the two players but to themselves as well. It's always best to let the players tire themselves out and get past the fight response and have less of an adrenaline rush before getting between them.

Orr did what anyone who has his role and was in that situation would do. Bourque only has himself to blame.

Leafsdude7 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
  #722
Preisst
Party On!!
 
Preisst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
The real question is will Pacioretty get suspended for trying to kill another player?

Preisst is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
  #723
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 500
is there really like 7 threads bout toronto vs montreal? lol

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
  #724
blueNwhite89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
And I see an overmatched player with a lot of courage and heart refusing to give up.
i think that's why he was laughing

blueNwhite89 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
  #725
JackJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 500
How many threads can one game have?

JackJ is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.