HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Winreims

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
The thing is he's not freaking trying to tear Grabovski's head off.
******** he isn't! Watch it again

Old
02-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
this isnt a knee?
If you pay attention, you'll notice that Orr's skate is still in front of Plekanec's. The next screenshot shows that the actual leg contact is around the ankle, hence why the two of the fell as they did.

It's funny just how well this thread shows the general unreliability of our eyes.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
Please skip to 1:11 of this video for the angle of where the contact was made. Clearly no knee contact. Orr goes for a big open ice hit, which probably would have been a charge if connected, Pleks jumps out of the way, and gets clip by Orr's skate. No knee whatsoever.

(...)
No knee contact, but what I see at 1:11 to 1:17 is Orr trying for a knee after Plekanec was agile enough to avoid him.

Old
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Okay so Leafs fans are saying that FOR SURE Pacioretty had his whole arm in Grabovski's mouth....but there's no conclusive evidence that Grabovksi bite him....I mean, where do you see all of that and in the same time don't see any of it? I mean you did ALL see that he was choking him to death as well.....but no sign of biting.

And about the fact that Grabovski CLEARLY wanted to fight Prust...can't wait the next game till he will clearly invite Prust to fight him. I mean, with no referees in the middle of them or anything. I mean, when Gorges, as stupid as it is, thought he had to show some nerves and went with McLaren he actually....went with McLaren. While Grabovski, aside form his biting and him putting his hockey stick in between his opponent's legs....he doesn't really want to fight. Trust me.
Go take a breather buddy. You need one.

Old
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Wait so... He bit Patches ? So he should get suspended.

The bullcrap argument about the sleeper hold doesnt stand. Every body gets holded like that.
Not if its not your fight and you're coming up behind a guy and choking the crap out of him.

If you have the ***** come face to face, at least.

Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Okay so Leafs fans are saying that FOR SURE Pacioretty had his whole arm in Grabovski's mouth....but there's no conclusive evidence that Grabovksi bite him....I mean, where do you see all of that and in the same time don't see any of it? I mean you did ALL see that he was choking him to death as well.....but no sign of biting.

And about the fact that Grabovski CLEARLY wanted to fight Prust...can't wait the next game till he will clearly invite Prust to fight him. I mean, with no referees in the middle of them or anything. I mean, when Gorges, as stupid as it is, thought he had to show some nerves and went with McLaren he actually....went with McLaren. While Grabovski, aside form his biting and him putting his hockey stick in between his opponent's legs....he doesn't really want to fight. Trust me.
Please...Grabovski isn't scared of a rat like Prust.

He fought Chris Neil knowing fully well he could have gotten his ass kicked to protect a teammate.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:44 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stoverall View Post
habs fans are just butt hurt/thread
Do you even realize that the OP is a Leafs fan?

Old
ktf

Send a message via MSN to ktf
As i was unfortunate enough to learn once... if you stick your finger/arm in someones mouth they will probably bite you...
In this case, Grabovski probably bit him, but you cannot really tell from that video, because his forearm is wrapped so tightly around grabovski mouth lol. He probably bit him, but I mean hes squeezing him so hard... This would be a great debate to settle with a physical experiment. Everyone just find a friend, stand behind him and put your forearm in his mouth and pull hard... see what happens, I am betting you may get teeth marks regardless...

Old
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
this isnt a knee?
Is that a serious question?

Kneeing is sticking your knee out. His knees were underneath him. He stuck his ass out and tried to hip check him if anything.

This after Plekanec two handed him going the other way. Poor him.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

How many threads about this game do we need?

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
Go take a breather buddy. You need one.
Thanks for worrying buddy. I'm fine. It's about time people worry about each other in this mad world.

Old
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

I guess the only positive thing taken from the game is an Orr or Grabo suspension/fine that will never happen. Nice Habs fans, nice.

Old
black charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
Not impressed with the Leafs at the moment.

Running up the score. Running at players, with the score out of reach.

Defend if Leaf fans.
Did you watch the game.The Habs players started all the crap but couldn.t finish.

Old
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:

Uh, it's completely different stepping up when something happens to depend your teammate to fight compared to just challenging someone to fight for no reason. You think Gorges would randomly challenge McLaren next game for no reason? No, he stuck up for his teammate because there was a reason to. There's absolutely no chance Grabo will challenge Prust next game because he has no reason to. Your argument is terrible.

Grabo has stepped up against guys like Neil and Prust when he needs to, but he won't needlessly fight someone. Your point is terrible.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Crossbar Ping

Whatever, Im on Grabo's side. The guy puts his hand on his mouth, what do you expect.

Old
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktf View Post
As i was unfortunate enough to learn once... if you stick your finger/arm in someones mouth they will probably bite you...
In this case, Grabovski probably bit him, but you cannot really tell from that video, because his forearm is wrapped so tightly around grabovski mouth lol. He probably bit him, but I mean hes squeezing him so hard... This would be a great debate to settle with a physical experiment. Everyone just find a friend, stand behind him and put your forearm in his mouth and pull hard... see what happens, I am betting you may get teeth marks regardless...
Logic isn't needed in this thread, please go

Old
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
(...)
Mclaren laughing is hysterical
And I see an overmatched player with a lot of courage and heart refusing to give up.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Please...Grabovski isn't scared of a rat like Prust.

He fought Chris Neil knowing fully well he could have gotten his ass kicked to protect a teammate.
Fine. So we will see a Prust-Grabovski fight then. Which shouldn't provoke a reaction by Orr or McLaren since Grabovski is totally capable of taking care of himself. Yet....didn't Carlyle said that we started it by going at the little skilled player that was Grabovski? You should talk to Carlyle now...he doesn't seem to be aware that Grabovski was that big tough guy now.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Is that a serious question?

Kneeing is sticking your knee out. His knees were underneath him. He stuck his ass out and tried to hip check him if anything.

This after Plekanec two handed him going the other way. Poor him.
His knee wasnt underneath him at all, you get that feeling because of the camera angle, the thing you are missing here is that Plekanec made a lateral movement to avoid the knee! It would have been a knee contact otherwise and I stand by my opinion.

Old
blendermf
GO LEAFS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
How many threads about this game do we need?
It was a heck of game, so I'm not totally surprised. It is kind of amusing though.

Old
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
So you're saying Bourque deserved to come in and get punched even though he wasn't coming to fight Orr but only to defend Gionta by separating them? Bourque didn't even have his gloves off while Orr did, he definitely wasn't there to drop them and fight or he would have skated up to him with his gloves off. Like I said, watch the game before making a decision...there is no doubt in my mind he was there just to separate the fight and save Gionta from getting beat up.
It's the refs job to separate players. Sorry, but players shouldn't be trying to be playing peacemaker in a scrum between a team mate and a player from the opponent. Both of them are in a heighten state of adrenaline and are well in the fight response, so anyone they conceive might be a possible threat is going to get the response that Bourque did.

It's also why linemen who jump into a scrum ASAP are really risking injury to not only the two players but to themselves as well. It's always best to let the players tire themselves out and get past the fight response and have less of an adrenaline rush before getting between them.

Orr did what anyone who has his role and was in that situation would do. Bourque only has himself to blame.

Old
Preisst
Party On!!

The real question is will Pacioretty get suspended for trying to kill another player?

Old
Getz2perry

is there really like 7 threads bout toronto vs montreal? lol

Old
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
And I see an overmatched player with a lot of courage and heart refusing to give up.
i think that's why he was laughing

Old
JackJ

How many threads can one game have?

Closed Thread