HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2013, 10:51 PM
  #751
blendermf
GO LEAFS GO!
 
blendermf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Stratford, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
It was a fairly routine game, albeit lopsided in score, until the 3rd.
If this is routine, what the heck sport have I been watching? Yes, you missed a heck of game.

blendermf is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:51 PM
  #752
will13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
even leaf fan cant defend this

running up the score
biting
cheap shot via punch
cheap shot via kneeing

nice job leafs, even when you win (which is very rare) you screw up

habs wont forget this, and so will the rest of the league

dont be crying when another team runs the score on you, which will happen many times
Mad?

will13 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:51 PM
  #753
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Igy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preisst View Post
The real question is will Pacioretty get suspended for trying to kill another player?
Better start another thread.

Igy is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:51 PM
  #754
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,948
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Fine. So we will see a Prust-Grabovski fight then. Which shouldn't provoke a reaction by Orr or McLaren since Grabovski is totally capable of taking care of himself. Yet....didn't Carlyle said that we started it by going at the little skilled player that was Grabovski? You should talk to Carlyle now...he doesn't seem to be aware that Grabovski was that big tough guy now.
Yes, Grabovski is a little skilled player but he has the heart of a lion.

He isn't going out there looking for fights, but if someone goes after his teammate he doesn't let it go (Prust going after Komarov).

The fight I am talking about is Chris Neil going after a Leaf rookie and trying to get him to fight. Grabovski stood up as a true veteran and protected a teammate even though he was outmatched.


Pi is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:51 PM
  #755
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Uh, it's completely different stepping up when something happens to depend your teammate to fight compared to just challenging someone to fight for no reason. You think Gorges would randomly challenge McLaren next game for no reason? No, he stuck up for his teammate because there was a reason to. There's absolutely no chance Grabo will challenge Prust next game because he has no reason to. Your argument is terrible.

Grabo has stepped up against guys like Neil and Prust when he needs to, but he won't needlessly fight someone. Your point is terrible.
But he has every reason to. He will remember what happened in tonight's game and attack Prust because of it. 'Cause you do know that things like that are going from games to games sometimes right? While Gorges went after McLaren....was Gionta really going to go after Orr even if he had a reason to because of the Pleks-Orr incident? No, 'cause Gionta knows he can't fight. You think that if a gesture is made that went unpunished, that the opponent won't try to be even with it?

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:51 PM
  #756
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Not a knee, but if I was Orr I'd be pretty happy I didn't connect on that hit.
A voice of wisdom.

beauchamp is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:52 PM
  #757
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores
 
Senacus Maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,873
vCash: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
even leaf fan cant defend this

running up the score
biting
cheap shot via punch
cheap shot via kneeing

nice job leafs, even when you win (which is very rare) you screw up

habs wont forget this, and so will the rest of the league

dont be crying when another team runs the score on you, which will happen many times


Somebody didn't read the thread.

Senacus Maximus is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:52 PM
  #758
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
even leaf fan cant defend this

running up the score
biting
cheap shot via punch
cheap shot via kneeing

nice job leafs, even when you win (which is very rare) you screw up

habs wont forget this, and so will the rest of the league

dont be crying when another team runs the score on you, which will happen many times
Oh my lord, this is rich.

Rob Brown is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:52 PM
  #759
Patchey*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gaylord, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 12,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
even leaf fan cant defend this

running up the score
biting
cheap shot via punch
cheap shot via kneeing

nice job leafs, even when you win (which is very rare) you screw up

habs wont forget this, and so will the rest of the league

dont be crying when another team runs the score on you, which will happen many times
Running up the score?
That's ****ing adorable <3

Patchey* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:52 PM
  #760
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
He is an annoying little *******. He will be loved by hab fans.
But the Habs need to get someone help protect him a bit or he will quickly get over his head.

FireEverybody* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:53 PM
  #761
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,859
vCash: 50
Closed. There are enough threads about this game.

__________________
Uncle Jed, I decided I ain't gonna be a brain sturgeon.
Chairman Maouth is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:53 PM
  #762
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Igy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
even leaf fan cant defend this

running up the score
biting
cheap shot via punch
cheap shot via kneeing

nice job leafs, even when you win (which is very rare) you screw up

habs wont forget this, and so will the rest of the league

dont be crying when another team runs the score on you, which will happen many times
Good game man. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Igy is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:53 PM
  #763
sparxx87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thanks for worrying buddy. I'm fine. It's about time people worry about each other in this mad world.
Oh hey, sure. I'm worried about Pacioretty. Are you gonna call the police, or should I?

It surely needs to be investigated why someone would bite an arm that's forcefully put over their mouth from behind.

Also, Gionta and Bourque.. I mean, why would they ever think they'd get hit going at Colton Orr in a scrum? Poor guys.

sparxx87 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:53 PM
  #764
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,448
vCash: 50
I love all the threads bitter Habs fans have. (I know a Leafs fan started this thread)

Leafs destroyed you guys in every aspect of the game tonight, just accept it

kamosko is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:54 PM
  #765
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
So you're saying Bourque deserved to come in and get punched even though he wasn't coming to fight Orr but only to defend Gionta by separating them? Bourque didn't even have his gloves off while Orr did, he definitely wasn't there to drop them and fight or he would have skated up to him with his gloves off. Like I said, watch the game before making a decision...there is no doubt in my mind he was there just to separate the fight and save Gionta from getting beat up.
That's why players don't wear zebra stripes. It is completely different if Orr was pounding on Gionta relentlessly and no referee was in sight. Or if Gionta was on his back and Orr mounted him and was throwing. But Orr hit Gionta once - Gionta skated toward Orr - and that was it. Bourque has no place getting involved. I agree, he probably stepped in to separate the fight. But really, once a brawl starts, everyone is considered a physical threat and fighters respond quickly. They don't analyze fighting skill and intent in milliseconds. Everything is aggression - that is how you protect yourself. Honestly, if Bourque went in with some true aggression, he probably wouldn't have gotten popped.

12345* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:54 PM
  #766
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,634
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchDLove View Post
You can't even construct a proper sentence, nobody is taking you seriously.
This isn't exactly an English class...why change the subject for the sake of purposely trolling him?

And I agree with him to an extent, the leafs not only ran up the score by icing their best players till the last second, but they got engaged in scrums in the 3rd by starting a few of their owns (the habs started some too). Both teams were classless in the 3rd, but this might be the bias in me talking but I feel like the Leafs were playing way too dirty in the 3rd.

ottawa* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:54 PM
  #767
CaptainIginla
The king is back
 
CaptainIginla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,581
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchey View Post
Running up the score?
That's ****ing adorable <3
thats so funny coming from a Canucks fan

CaptainIginla is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:54 PM
  #768
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
even leaf fan cant defend this

running up the score
Not really. It was 5-0 in the 2nd. Hard to run up the score when there's still half a game to go. We scored the 6-0 goal after a stupid penalty by Gallagher running Reimer. They deserved to have that goal scored against them.

Besides, if we put Orr, McClement and McLaren out on the PP (who were the only non-regular PP guys on the team) and the brawl happened then, you'd be just as pissed off at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
biting
No evidence there was a bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
cheap shot via punch
Bourque charged a guy who had dropped his gloves and is a known tough guy. He got what he was asking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
cheap shot via kneeing
There is no evidence that there was even an attempted knee, let alone a "cheap shot" knee. In point of fact, the video evidence shows with certainty that there was no intentional attempt at a knee, since the knee was held properly under the body as contact happened.

Logic, learn it.

Leafsdude7 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:55 PM
  #769
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.
 
Flowzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,315
vCash: 500
He's a "punk" in the same way Komarov is and I ****ing love Komarov. Both will be invaluable to their teams come playoff time. He maybe small, but he's got more heart than some players on the Leafs on some nights. He's a rookie and he's already trying to stand up for himself and his team; better than some of the others on his roster.

Flowzak is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:55 PM
  #770
Quarter
Exploding Knees
 
Quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
This isn't exactly an English class...why change the subject for the sake of purposely trolling him?

And I agree with him tbh, the leafs not only ran up the score by icing their best players till the last second, but they got engaged in scrums in the 3rd by starting a few of their owns (the habs started some too). Both teams were classless in the 3rd, but this might be the bias in me talking but I feel like the Leafs were playing way too dirty in the 3rd.
What do you mean "might be"?

Quarter is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:55 PM
  #771
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Marchand is the new Gallagher

Gallagher has a better pedigree in juniors
marchand has already proven himself in the nhl though

kamosko is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:55 PM
  #772
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,948
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
even leaf fan cant defend this

running up the score
biting
cheap shot via punch
cheap shot via kneeing

nice job leafs, even when you win (which is very rare) you screw up

habs wont forget this, and so will the rest of the league

dont be crying when another team runs the score on you, which will happen many times
The Bruins ran up the score last year against the Leafs...I didn't whine about it. I hated losing 8-0...but there is no point trying to find excuses like bullying, running up the score, cheap shot via punch, cheap shot via kneeing

We sucked it up and accepted the Bruins outclassed and outplayed the Leafs in those games, just like they outclassed, outplayed and outfought the Habs tonight.

Pi is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:55 PM
  #773
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
This isn't exactly an English class...why change the subject for the sake of purposely trolling him?

And I agree with him to an extent, the leafs not only ran up the score by icing their best players till the last second, but they got engaged in scrums in the 3rd by starting a few of their owns (the habs started some too). Both teams were classless in the 3rd, but this might be the bias in me talking but I feel like the Leafs were playing way too dirty in the 3rd.
Yeah man, because you'd be super mad if the Habs beat someone 6-0 with goals in the third, eh?

Get over it.

Rob Brown is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:56 PM
  #774
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Well I don't know how the leafs do it, but if a habs player gets hit or if the captain is about to get beat up, then other habs players will jump in to defend each other. It's a teams game, if you can prevent a captain or a teammate from getting beat up then you do it. And this isn't only for professionals, its a reaction for anyone who plays hockey or other team sports too so anyone who plays team sports should know that.
Sure. And if you do it and you get punched out while trying, you don't ***** and moan about it.

Bottom line: Bourque made a beeline towards a scrum between two players where the opponent to him had his gloves off and was clearly looking for a fight and wasn't ready for the obvious result of that action.

Leafsdude7 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:56 PM
  #775
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
This. Let's keep biting out of the league...what's next? hair pulling???
To be fair, it's really rare. And it is Grabovsky. He's a little... odd, to say the least.

Jigger77 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.