HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 11:56 PM
blueNwhite89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
No, character.

Enjoy your character bud

Old
Fat Jughead

Call it a charge if you have to call it anything, but I'm not sure you can even call it that. He sure as hell didn't knee em.

Doesn't look like he even stuck his leg out ffs. Habs fans are just looking for anything to cry about. Your team instigated a dirty game with a team way tougher than yours and got embarrassed. Go to bed with your shame.

Old
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
What do you mean "might be"?
Ok fine, it is the bias in me talking . I didn't think I could hate the leafs more than I already did...I can't wait for the next game, it should be a good one.

Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Oh my god I LOL'D!!! Perfect response
I thought it was fitting response to THAT

Old
02-09-2013, 11:57 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
As a Leafs fan, I love how mad some Habs fans are.

This one game gave me a short view into how B's fans feel

Old
featherhawk

come on folks.....

arms/hands around guys faces happen hundreds of times a night with this many games on the sked........biting on the other hand like grabovski did does not and should not belong......

Grabovski needs to be suspended.....

Old
AuGsY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
This isn't exactly an English class...why change the subject for the sake of purposely trolling him?

And I agree with him to an extent, the leafs not only ran up the score by icing their best players till the last second, but they got engaged in scrums in the 3rd by starting a few of their owns (the habs started some too). Both teams were classless in the 3rd, but this might be the bias in me talking but I feel like the Leafs were playing way too dirty in the 3rd.
Makes up for the gallager and prust trying to start **** the 1st 2 periods.

Old
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Quote:
Ok fine, it is the bias in me talking . I didn't think I could hate the leafs more than I already did...I can't wait for the next game, it should be a good one.
Agreed with you on that.

Old
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
even leaf fan cant defend this

running up the score
biting
cheap shot via punch
cheap shot via kneeing

nice job leafs, even when you win (which is very rare) you screw up

habs wont forget this, and so will the rest of the league

dont be crying when another team runs the score on you, which will happen many times
You cannot possibly be serious. It's almost as though you've never watched grown men play professional hockey before.

Old
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
This isn't exactly an English class...why change the subject for the sake of purposely trolling him?

And I agree with him tbh, the leafs not only ran up the score by icing their best players till the last second, but they got engaged in scrums in the 3rd by starting a few of their owns (the habs started some too). Both teams were classless in the 3rd, but this might be the bias in me talking but I feel like the Leafs were playing way too dirty in the 3rd.
Is this the minors or NHL?

1. It is not the Leafs problem montreal couldn't contain them. You CANNOT BLAME THE LEAFS FOR SCORING 6 GOALS. It's a ridiculous argument and I hate it when people bring this up. "waaah you ran up the score! how dare you!". Only in hockey do you hear this line.

2. Prust started tonights mess. You WILL NOT ADMIT THIS because you choose to ignore this fact. He ran Reimer more than once after the 4th goal and started to run around - that is when the Leafs responded.

It irks me that people lable our team as thugs when all they did was respond to montreals actions. Leave

Old
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
To be fair, it's really rare. And it is Grabovsky. He's a little... odd, to say the least.
And the Habs players are just .. little.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
blendermf
GO LEAFS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
even leaf fan cant defend this

running up the score
biting
cheap shot via punch
cheap shot via kneeing

nice job leafs, even when you win (which is very rare) you screw up

habs wont forget this, and so will the rest of the league

dont be crying when another team runs the score on you, which will happen many times
running up the score - defend it (scoring on a 5 on 3, that needs work, isn't running up the score)
biting - sure. however, I don't really blame him with the way he has being held.
cheap shot via punch - he came at Orr from behind and grabbed him
cheap shot via kneeing - not even close.

The Leafs did not screw up. They played well, and the Habs played like crap. And if you look, at least looking by the fanbases, the Habs fans are being outnumbered on these issues.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Yeah man, because you'd be super mad if the Habs beat someone 6-0 with goals in the third, eh?

Get over it.
I'm not so mad about the 6-0 loss. The habs deserved it, they played like garbage and I feel bad for Price for having to put up with that pathetic performance tonight. I'm more mad about the cheap shots thrown by both teams, mostly the leafs imo.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:59 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
marchand has already proven himself in the nhl though
A Leafs fan praising a Bruins player?

Must be in a thread about a Canadiens player.

An enemy of my enemy...

Old
Tonka
Diggles

Pac stuffed his hand on his mouth and tried pulling Grabo's head back. Most people would have done the same as Grabo was already tied up a defenseless. And judging from the fact Habs were down and trying to draw penalties, especially Pac who faked a penalty by grabbing Kostka's glove earlier- I'm almost certain Pac knew it was coming in hopes to draw a penalty.

Old
12345*

Quote:
Well I don't know how the leafs do it, but if a habs player gets hit or if the captain is about to get beat up, then other habs players will jump in to defend each other. It's a teams game, if you can prevent a captain or a teammate from getting beat up then you do it. And this isn't only for professionals, its a reaction for anyone who plays hockey or other team sports too so anyone who plays team sports should know that.
Well, yes I agree. Players step in for team mates and captains. But when you do that, that is at a player's peril. That is why it is respected by teammates. Its because you have to protect yourself and put your health at risk. People don't pat you on the back because you stepped in. Things don't somehow suddenly become loves and hugs when a nonfighter steps in during an aggressive situation. All players see is a threat when an opposing player steps in. If you step in to protect your teammate, you have to protect yourself or cling for dear life. Don't just grab a player with one hand and keep your other hand down. Scrubs are an aggressive situation, all players that get involved know to protect themselves.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:00 AM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

In mark11's defense - I'm pretty sure he's 13 or 14 years old and clearly skipped this entire thread where points were brought up on both sides.

Old
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
And I see an overmatched player with a lot of courage and heart refusing to give up.
Well, I don't blame you for not finding it funny, but seeing a small guy fighting a guy much larger and the large one laughing down at him while he tries to fight back is funny, especially coming from a rival team that's losing 6-0.

Still, I actually pointed this out earlier in our PGT; my respect for Josh Gorges went up a bit (and came back down after the interview, but that's beside the point ) when I saw him literally go all out on a guy he had no business in challenging. He should've been named your captain, not Gionta.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

Yes, Grabovski is a little skilled player but he has the heart of a lion.

He isn't going out there looking for fights, but if someone goes after his teammate he doesn't let it go (Prust going after Komarov).

The fight I am talking about is Chris Neil going after a Leaf rookie and trying to get him to fight. Grabovski stood up as a true veteran and protected a teammate even though he was outmatched.

Thanks for the proof. Grabovski pushing Neil from behind with NO INTENTION of fighting (I guess he does proove that he is intelligent...), keep his gloves and all till, with the ref by his side....and then tries to surprise Neil with a punch....missed....and the rest is history. I just want to see Grabovski, one day, AWAY from the any refs, pull a guy aside and go at it to protect a teamate and proove how tough he is.

Fine if you don't let go. Fine if you are there protecting a teamate. But if it counts for Orr punching Bourque because Bourque wanted to protect a teamate....why can't it count for Prust punching Grabovski? If Orr was right to punch Bourque...why wouldn't Prust be right to punch Grabs? Same freakin situation.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:01 AM
inewby

Old
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szechwan View Post
Both Leafs and Habs fans are delusional if they think the rest of the league care about every minute detail of this game. You'd think it was the cup final with the amount of new threads made.

Enough.
Leafs and Habs fan bring in half the money in the league. Frankly, there is no league without those teams so no one cares about what your opinion is.

Old
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szechwan View Post
Both Leafs and Habs fans are delusional if they think the rest of the league care about every minute detail of this game. You'd think it was the cup final with the amount of new threads made.

Enough.
Excuse me sir but if you take a look at the thread creators, they are not leaf fans. Do not blame us for this.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:02 AM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLblue75 View Post
(...)

Enjoy your character bud
How is that in any way relevant ???

Sooner or later I'll learn not to hope too much in way of reasonable discussions

Old
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Well, yes I agree. Players step in for team mates and captains. But when you do that, that is at a player's peril. That is why it is respected by teammates. Its because you have to protect yourself and put your health at risk. People don't pat you on the back because you stepped in. Things don't somehow suddenly become loves and hugs when a nonfighter steps in during an aggressive situation. All players see is a threat when an opposing player steps in. If you step in to protect your teammate, you have to protect yourself or cling for dear life. Don't just grab a player with one hand and keep your other hand down. Scrubs are an aggressive situation, all players that get involved know to protect themselves.
I actually agree with you...Bourque should have been more aware of his surrounding and more importantly more aware as to who he was grabbing a hold of. I also think it was Orr's responsibility to be aware of his surrounding...a guy who still has his gloves on and grabbing you doesn't warrant an unexpected punch in the face imo.

Old
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inewby View Post

And if people don't understand why Orr punched him in the nose, this should be clear enough.

Closed Thread