HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles and Oilers talking deal.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2013, 10:05 PM
  #126
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
No, I wouldn't want Streit for Klefbom, but they aren't quite the same in that:

A) Hemsky is 29 and signed for another year, Streit is 35 and UFA.

B) Klefbom hasn't asked to be traded out of our organization.
Nino's agent has said twice, in seperate interviews, that he doubts Snow will trade Nino. He says he expects tough contract talks in 2 yrs.

Nino has tried tossing blame for the trade demand onto his agent, saying he's just going to concentrate on playing.

Snow says he's not trading Nino.

Reporters such as McKenzie, Staple, Botta and Strang say Snow is not trading Nino.

The people waiting for a Nino trade are fans, who don't grasp what Nino and his agent already have: 20 yr old Nino has no leverage to force a trade.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:05 PM
  #127
devils61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
At least whoever gets traded won't need new equipment

devils61 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:09 PM
  #128
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
It's an Eklund rumor and the team's don't really match up all that well since they are in similar 'rebuilding' situations. None of these trade proposals are very likely.

The only thing I see is a Reasoner for a low pick. The Oilers need bodies with their injuries at center and he can at least help in the faceoff circle.
You are right. Both are building around their homegrown youngsters and they don't match up well.

Not one credible source, has reported on this so called major deal.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:14 PM
  #129
MrBigglesworth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Entirely depends on what you're looking for. Streit is an offensive D who is typically very solid in his own zone as well. Smid is a defensive specialist without the offense. Different players for different needs.
The sentiment is true, but it's a bit like saying Eric Cole > Patrice Bergeron.

MrBigglesworth is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:14 PM
  #130
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 14,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
I think a trade around MPS and Nino makes the most sense.
I think if I smoke meth and then try to fly off of the empire state building it would make more sense then that...

Come on people,

Hammer is a 22 year old shutdown defensman

Nino is a top prospect that is an AHL all star and playing up to his 30+ goal scoring potential...

EDM fans keep throwing these 2 in deals like they are nobody..

StrongIslanders90 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:19 PM
  #131
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 14,286
vCash: 500
Also between Hemsky's Injury history,contract, and the fact that his season high in goals was in 2008 and it was a whoping 23

okposo has a better contract and is younger and set his season high of 24 goals just last year....

So lets not act like Hemsky holds crazy value

StrongIslanders90 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
  #132
WhalerTurnedBruin55
Registered User
 
WhalerTurnedBruin55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Nino's agent has said twice, in seperate interviews, that he doubts Snow will trade Nino. He says he expects tough contract talks in 2 yrs.

Nino has tried tossing blame for the trade demand onto his agent, saying he's just going to concentrate on playing.

Snow says he's not trading Nino.

Reporters such as McKenzie, Staple, Botta and Strang say Snow is not trading Nino.

The people waiting for a Nino trade are fans, who don't grasp what Nino and his agent already have: 20 yr old Nino has no leverage to force a trade.
To be fair... what happens if the Oilers offered a package that made Snow re-think that?

Possible. Snow won't trade Nino because Nino wants to, but if someone else wants him, then maybe?

You are likely right that he won't. But maybe the offers coming from the Oilers side.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
  #133
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I think if I smoke meth and then try to fly off of the empire state building it would make more sense then that...

Come on people,

Hammer is a 22 year old shutdown defensman

Nino is a top prospect that is an AHL all star and playing up to his 30+ goal scoring potential...

EDM fans keep throwing these 2 in deals like they are nobody..
MPS and Nino are at least close though I'd agree the Oilers would have to add slightly.

With Hamonic it's the same dilemma the Oiler fans always have on here. He doesn't have the value of an RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yakupov but he's worth much more than anyone else Edmonton has.

Lessy is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:36 PM
  #134
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Also between Hemsky's Injury history,contract, and the fact that his season high in goals was in 2008 and it was a whoping 23

okposo has a better contract and is younger and set his season high of 24 goals just last year....

So lets not act like Hemsky holds crazy value
Hemsky isn't cheap and has been hurt in the past, those are valid.

The goal scoring thing is weak though, unless you're using it to state that you don't think the Islanders want him because you need a shooter.

Judging Hemsky on his goal production is a poor way of assessing value.

SDig14 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:41 PM
  #135
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
My guess is Reasoner and Striet

I dont know who NYI would need from the Oilers

Maybe im off base but be something like

From Oilers:
Hemsky, Whitney, B prospect, 2/3rd round pick

From NYI
Reasoner, Streit, el Nino

:shrug:

Hard to value guys from NYI since I dont see them that often
So the Oilers dump the guys they've been trying to get rid of what seems like forever and the Isles trade their captain and Nino. Hilarious, young Oiler fan.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:45 PM
  #136
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,702
vCash: 500
People listing Hall, Eberle, Smid, Hamonic and a goalie going to Edmonton are wrong.

Smid isnt moving. Oilers love him, he loves Edmonton.

Dubnyk has around a 930 sv % and is lights out. Nothing says the Oilers do not like Dubey.

The others are obvious.

Valic is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
  #137
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
To be fair... what happens if the Oilers offered a package that made Snow re-think that?

Possible. Snow won't trade Nino because Nino wants to, but if someone else wants him, then maybe?

You are likely right that he won't. But maybe the offers coming from the Oilers side.
According to Strang, Staples and Botta, Snow actively shopped his 2010, 2011 and 2012 high lottery picks.

According to Strang and Botta, he wanted 1 young player back with similar upside, to the players on the draft board that he was passing up. Botta indicates the Isles eyed Jeff Carter when Philly shopped him, while Snow shopped his 4th/5th overall. I'm guessing he would have offered that pick, as the big trade chip in a package, if they hadn't been burned on longterm deals for Yashin/DiPietro.

So, Snow in a youth movement, has a 20 yr old he thinks has 30 goal potential.
Snow doesn't care about Nino's trade demand or getting 2-3 less talented players for Nino.

Nino's not gonna bring back Hall, RNH, Eberle or Nail.
There's nothing to indicate Snow wants Hemsky, Gagner or Paarjarvi.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:50 PM
  #138
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
MPS and Nino are at least close though I'd agree the Oilers would have to add slightly.

With Hamonic it's the same dilemma the Oiler fans always have on here. He doesn't have the value of an RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yakupov but he's worth much more than anyone else Edmonton has.
Isles like Nino's chippy, physical game and think he has 30 goal potential.
Imo the Isles aren't trading Nino for a downgrade+ sweetener.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:58 PM
  #139
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
How has Mark Streit looked?

Oiled up* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:06 PM
  #140
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,694
vCash: 500
I simply don't see a trade between these two teams..

Riseonfire is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:06 PM
  #141
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
Here's a name not nearly being mentioned enough in this thread: Griffin Reinhart.

This past summer, the Oilers thought so highly of Reinhart they were considering taking him 1st overall instead of Yakupov.

I wouldn't want to give Griff up for peanuts obviously, but if this deal is as big as Eklund is making it out to be, I could easily see him being a major piece going back to Edmonton.
No ones that dumb, give Tambellini more credit than that haha..

Oiled up* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:09 PM
  #142
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Okposo > MPS
Streit > Smid
Reasoner < 3rd.

Why in the hell would the Islanders do this? Not a fan of either team but some of these proposals from EDM fans are hilarious
The person u quoted is a jets fan, relax.

Oiled up* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:11 PM
  #143
giddy up
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
No ones that dumb, give Tambellini more credit than that haha..
It's true. Bob Mckenzie said it numerous times during the draft.

giddy up is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:14 PM
  #144
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
It's true. Bob Mckenzie said it numerous times during the draft.
Ya...that didn't happen.

There were reports that we liked Reinhart, but that's about as far as that ever went. The end debate was between Yakupov and Murray, Reinhart was no longer part of that discussion.

I think it could have been possible they kicked tires on trading down, but were never compensated enough or didn't think their guy would be there.

SDig14 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:19 PM
  #145
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
It's true. Bob Mckenzie said it numerous times during the draft.
We would have been interested if we traded our pick to NYI or toronto, not draft him with the 1st overall.

Oiled up* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:19 PM
  #146
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
A major domino of sorts and shift the balance?

Isles fans are speculating about Eberle to LI.

Don't let us down Eklund
Eberle is going nowhere. They just gave him an A and he's considered a leader of the young guys. Complete wishful thinking and this Eklund guy once again speculates on something we all could speculate on because of the Thomas move.

Complete random bs.

Petes2424 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:47 PM
  #147
sabresEH
Registered User
 
sabresEH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
What about something around MPS for Okposo? With imo EDM adding a pick.

sabresEH is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:56 PM
  #148
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 53,629
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Ya...that didn't happen.

There were reports that we liked Reinhart, but that's about as far as that ever went. The end debate was between Yakupov and Murray, Reinhart was no longer part of that discussion.

I think it could have been possible they kicked tires on trading down, but were never compensated enough or didn't think their guy would be there.
the poster is getting Reinhart confused with Murrey--Bpbby Mac suggested him as the top guy a few times

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
  #149
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Snow would not take on Hemsky's contract.
Don't see why the Islanders would trade Reasoner for a draft pick, maybe as an added player or with Streit for a higher pick.
Neiderreiter could be available, but would cost the Oilers

DesertDawg is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:07 AM
  #150
giddy up
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Ya...that didn't happen.

There were reports that we liked Reinhart, but that's about as far as that ever went. The end debate was between Yakupov and Murray, Reinhart was no longer part of that discussion.

I think it could have been possible they kicked tires on trading down, but were never compensated enough or didn't think their guy would be there.
Ya.....it did.

Start listening at the 30 second mark.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG5kJ5A5tRU

giddy up is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.