HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Is this the minors or NHL?

1. It is not the Leafs problem montreal couldn't contain them. You CANNOT BLAME THE LEAFS FOR SCORING 6 GOALS. It's a ridiculous argument and I hate it when people bring this up. "waaah you ran up the score! how dare you!". Only in hockey do you hear this line.
Nah, you hear it a lot in football too. But you are correct in that it's ridiculous. These are pros, not kids.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:03 AM
EdVanP*

That has to be the most "untucked" tucked knee I have ever seen.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Dangles78

Bust

Honestly though, I am so glad Kadri is shutting up 85% of non-Toronto fans with his play this year. Even if I dislike a majority of Toronto fans, I always thought Kadri would turn out to be a solid NHLer....plus I traded Brendan Smith for him in my dynasty league...

Keep it up kid and remember haters gon hate

Old
02-10-2013, 12:04 AM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
I actually agree with you...Bourque should have been more aware of his surrounding and more importantly more aware as to who he was grabbing a hold of. I also think it was Orr's responsibility to be aware of his surrounding...a guy who still has his gloves on and grabbing you doesn't warrant an unexpected punch in the face imo.
GIF above clearly demonstrates that Bourque was ungloved (one hand at least). And you can see the time relationship between Orr standing up and Orr throwing at Bourque.

Old
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVanP View Post

That angle makes it look like a knee. Whereas every other angle has the opposite effect.

You join HF just to post this?

Old
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Hey no need for videos, which star players did Prust wanted to hurt all night long? Just name them and when.
Prust ran Reimer more than once and was running around after the 4th goal. Do you disagree? I'm still waiting for a habs fan to admit Prust initiated tonights debacle.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
And if people don't understand why Orr punched him in the nose, this should be clear enough.
And if people don't understand why Bourque needed to come to Gionta's defense, this should be clear enough.

Old
PunchDLove*

Quote:
This isn't exactly an English class...why change the subject for the sake of purposely trolling him?

And I agree with him to an extent, the leafs not only ran up the score by icing their best players till the last second, but they got engaged in scrums in the 3rd by starting a few of their owns (the habs started some too). Both teams were classless in the 3rd, but this might be the bias in me talking but I feel like the Leafs were playing way too dirty in the 3rd.
Because I can.

The Leafs had their 4th line playing in the 3rd period for quite a while, hence Orr getting into a scrum with Gionta and Bourque. So we certainly didn't have our best players on the ice for the entire 3rd period.

If a team starts taking cheap shots and starting scrums after the whistle while you're ahead by a few goals, you have two options; A) Run up the score or B) Let it turn into a slug-fest.

The Leafs did both tonight.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
As a Leafs fan, I love how mad some Habs fans are.

This one game gave me a short view into how B's fans feel
Well, might be longer than you think. As much as it pains me to say this, I have to say the Leafs look good man. Reimer was solid. Phaneuf looked like Phaneuf of old. They were physical, skilled up front, aggressive, first on the puck, won the special teams battle, something like 68% vs 34% on faceoffs and I could keep going. They handed Montreal their ***** tonight in every department.

But I still think the Orr knee, run whatever you want to call it was cheap, I thought the tall dude (sorry forget his name) fighting mini Gally was cheap and biting, no matter what the reason is, between men, I can never accept. Just me though.

And honestly I'd rather be here arguing about this stuff and hating you guys than the complete bore fest the rivalry's become in the last few years.

It's more fun to hate each other.

And as much as it sucked watching that game for me tonight. I'm sure it was awesome for you. Habs will respond though. That I promise.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Zarpan

Love Gallagher, he's going to have a good NHL career. Good skills and tons of heart.

Probably should give Grabovski a fine, but that's about it.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:06 AM
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by inewby View Post

Who here thinks Bourque was there to fight? He was clearly there to save Gionta from getting his ass kicked...the ref wasn't separating them so he was defending the captain.

02-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Jigger77

Quote:

About as clear as day on that shot. Still won't convince Leafs fans. But hopefully the league at least takes a look. You hate seeing hacks taking runs at skill players no matter what team their on.
Thank god he missed.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:07 AM
blendermf
GO LEAFS GO!

Quote:
And if people don't understand why Bourque needed to come to Gionta's defense, this should be clear enough.
Sure, doesn't mean Orr can't punch him for coming at him, and grabbing him from behind.

Old
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Nah, you hear it a lot in football too. But you are correct in that it's ridiculous. These are pros, not kids.
Exactly. I mean, when the Bruins ran up the score on the Leafs the last couple years, not once did I think of accusing the b's of running up the score. We lost those games because we sucked. For all the unwritten rules in this game, this is by far the worst.

Old
PunchDLove*

Quote:

Lol, were you so angry that you had to create an account on here so you could chime in?

Old
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Who here thinks Bourque was there to fight? He was clearly there to save Gionta from getting his ass kicked...the ref wasn't separating them so he was defending the captain.
It doesn't ******* matter... you jump into a fight, you're part of the fight. Whatever happens to you is your own fault.

Old
MakeTheGoalsLarger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Leafs and Habs fan bring in half the money in the league. Frankly, there is no league without those teams so no one cares about what your opinion is.
lol so true

Old
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Quote:
Orr had him in a bearhug. Bearhugs are harmless.

Old
Winreims

Quote:
Don't grab people like Orr like that unless you want to fight. That was a clear challenge grabbing Orr by the head from behind.

Old
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

Quote:
If you're going to separate a fighting person from who he's trying to fight; you had better be ready to be the replacement.

It's not Orr's fault Bourque wasn't ready for the consequences of his actions.

Old
blendermf
GO LEAFS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
About as clear as day on that shot. Still won't convince Leafs fans. But hopefully the league at least takes a look. You hate seeing hacks taking runs at skill players no matter what team their on.
Watch the video, and watch all the angles. It's clear as day not a knee.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Fat Jughead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
As a Leafs fan, I love how mad some Habs fans are.

This one game gave me a short view into how B's fans feel
You see, we're not insane. This is how they blubber all the time after their team instigates some greasy ****...except the Bruins actually do cheap shot them most of the time I don't have a clue what they think they're whining about this time? Old habits...

Old
02-10-2013, 12:08 AM
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Sure. And if you do it and you get punched out while trying, you don't ***** and moan about it.

Bottom line: Bourque made a beeline towards a scrum between two players where the opponent to him had his gloves off and was clearly looking for a fight and wasn't ready for the obvious result of that action.
That's what I'm saying, he got sucker punched. If Bourque wanted to fight with a guy who already had his gloves off, but Orr punched him before he was even ready to fight then he sucker punched him.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sucker-punch

Finally, a leafs fans and habs fan agreeing.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:09 AM
conway902

Quote:
He might not be there to fight but he ripped a fighters helmet off who already had one of his gloves dropped. Not smart.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Fabs

Leafs were playing nice until the Habs got sore being down 6-0 and Prust decided to start something. Don't care if Grabovski bit Pacioretty or not given Grabovski was probably already getting a taste of his arm.

As for Orr, he didn't go for the knee and if Plekanec hadn't slashed him across the hands moments earlier Orr wouldn't have gone looking for payback.

Closed Thread