HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Can we all please calm down?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Can we all please calm down?

We lost. It happens.

We lost by a pretty big margin. It happens.

We started off the season 6-2, against all odds, and pretty much nobody here was pissing on the team like you are tonight.

We lose 3 in a row. It happens. Teams go through peaks and valleys. We have a group with a bunch of players who weren't here last year, an entirely new coaching staff, and entirely new organizational leadership and direction. Change takes time. Changes doesn't happen overnight.

If you thought we were on our way to the Cup before the Boston game, then you were way off your rocker. If you think that we're bottom-feeders now, you're even more off your rocker.

Take a step back from the emotional roller-coaster and realize that there have been many positives so far this season, and many things that could, conversely, be improved.

**** ****ing happens and we had a crap game. Sorry, we've had a crap week.

So why should we tank now? Why should we take the C off Gionta's jersey now? Why should we trade every conceivable good asset on our team now?

Where was this kind of talk last week?

Get a ****ing grip, please. I'm angry we lost too, but maybe, just MAYBE for once we can take a step back and move on. There is still plenty of hockey to be played and winners and losers aren't decided after 10 games.

No excuses, right? No ****ing excuses. So stop acting like the sky is falling.

The defending cup Champs are 3-4-2.

Perspective, please.

Go Habs Go!

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Face81

I just hate the leafs so bad

Face81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Nedved

scratch cole, boullion, and armstrong.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:01 PM
TennisMenace

I appreciate your optimism, but friend, but we all need to take the blinders off and be objective. We have not gotten bigger at all. In fact, it seems we are now smaller.

Look at our defense! What a joke, all these 190 guys. And we still have 4 smurfs up the middle playing center. This is 2013, and this is a big man's sport. One or two smaller players is okay, but not the majority of the team. And why don't we ever draft guys who weigh more than 220?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this team stinks and will not have a chance to win in any playoffs, let alone even make it.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
We lost. It happens.

We started off the season 6-2, against all odds, and pretty much nobody here was pissing on the team like you are tonight.

We lose 3 in a row. It happens. Teams go through peaks and valleys. We have a group with a bunch of players who weren't here last year, an entirely new coaching staff, and entirely new organizational leadership and direction. Change takes time. Changes doesn't happen overnight.

If you thought we were on our way to the Cup before the Boston game, then you were way off your rocker. If you think that we're bottom-feeders now, you're even more off your rocker.

Take a step back from the emotional roller-coaster and realize that there have been many positives so far this season, and many things that could, conversely, be improved.

So why should we tank now? Why should we take the C off Gionta's jersey now? Why should we trade every conceivable good asset on our team now?

Get a ****ing grip, please. I'm angry we lost too, but maybe, just MAYBE for once we can take a step back and move on. There is still plenty of hockey to be played and winners and losers aren't decided after 10 games.

Perspective, please.

Go Habs Go!
well said coldplay....well said

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jakomyte

Its a really bad loss against the team I like beating the most, but if you would have told me the Habs would start with a 6-4-1 record a month ago, I'd be cool with that.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
I appreciate your optimism, but friend, but we all need to take the blinders off and be objective. We have not gotten bigger at all. In fact, it seems we are now smaller.

Look at our defense! What a joke, all these 190 guys. And we still have 4 smurfs up the middle playing center. This is 2013, and this is a big man's sport. One or two smaller players is okay, but not the majority of the team. And why don't we ever draft guys who weigh more than 220?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this team stinks and will not have a chance to win in any playoffs, let alone even make it.
Friend, there are no blinders here. The Cup isn't won after every win and we don't need to tank after every loss. That's all I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Its a really bad loss against the team I like beating the most, but if you would have told me the Habs would start with a 6-4-1 record a month ago, I'd be cool with that.
Likewise, even though I KNOW we could be 7-4-0 or 8-3-0 right now, had we not **** the bed against the Bruins/Sabres. Things could easily be better. I'm not giving up hope and neither should anyone else. This team has shown they are much better than last season so far.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:05 PM
coolasprICE

I remember Cold Play made a similar thread last year too. We got a nice 3rd overall.. keep working your good karma.

coolasprICE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:07 PM
TennisMenace

I really don't believe in tanking anyhow.

I'm sure we will lose more than we win by playing all out.

My desire is to get better in the FUTURE, and I for one am not even holding my breath on this team this year.

I'm excited watching Gally and Chuckie, but little else amuses me. Oh, I do love Eller, so I hope he blossoms.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:07 PM
JAVO16

You can't tell us to calm down. If this place was a police car, it would be on fire right about now.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
You can't tell us to calm down. If this place was a police car, it would be on fire right about now.
I'm not telling you, I'm asking you. And I said please.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:09 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I remember Cold Play made a similar thread last year too. We got a nice 3rd overall.. keep working your good karma.
LOL, but there is nothing wrong with being optimistic. I think it's healthier and certainly more hopeful.

Me personally, I see how the Leafs are rebuilding and they are doing it the right way. We are not.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Patofqc

Its the way we lost the game and what happened in it that is devastating. This team wont get up from it. We just received a Boston type beatdown. We look awfully small and scared. its devastating to the team spirit.

Patofqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Cupmonger

Expected this kind of reaction. The loss against Boston was tough. The OT loss against Buffalo was annoying. Tonight was just purely embarrassing. I expected a slump sooner or later. But the way we've been performing so far, we should never have been trounced like this by the Leafs. As if the scoring wasn't bad enough, they completely tossed us around and beat the **** out of us.

The game shouldn't have happened the way it did with all that was going on so far. No fan wants to see their team like this.

Does this mean our team sucks? That we can't make the playoffs? Absolutely not.

However people are really pissed about the turnout of the game. Which was to one of our most hated rivals, no less. They'll vent and look for people to blame, as well as finding all kinds of excuses or faults. Let it be. This isn't new. And this will pass when the team redeems itself.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Patofqc

Quote:
LOL, but there is nothing wrong with being optimistic. I think it's healthier and certainly more hopeful.

Me personally, I see how the Leafs are rebuilding and they are doing it the right way. We are not.
The Leafs have refused finish real low and have traded their first round picks. They are showing people how not to rebuild.

Patofqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:12 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
The Leafs have refused finish real low and have traded their first round picks. They are showing people how not to rebuild.
The guys they are picking up, be it offseason or on waivers, are good. I think the new leaders up top will be even smarter.

Picking up Kessel for a number one was smart to me.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:14 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Its the way we lost the game and what happened in it that is devastating. This team wont get up from it. We just received a Boston type beatdown. We look awfully small and scared. its devastating to the team spirit.
Who enjoyed watching Gorges get killed by McLaren? Thank God McLaren eased up - he could have seriously hurt him if he wanted too.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
We lost. It happens.

Perspective, please.

Go Habs Go!
You know my thoughts on the team and what we should do.

But you're absolutely right. Folks need to get a grip.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Who enjoyed watching Gorges get killed by McLaren? Thank God McLaren eased up - he could have seriously hurt him if he wanted too.
What I enjoyed was Gorges taking to fighting a guy that was much too big for him, and watching Gionta go after Colton Orr even if he shouldn't have.

I love this team because they don't give a **** about any of these perceived limitations of theirs - they go out there and play hard and for each other, no matter the consequence or perception they're "smurfs". They stick up for each other and goddamit I love it.

I'd rather have "smurfs" that will do what it takes even if they get beatdown than a bunch of deadweights like Latendresse or outright goons like John Scott.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You know my thoughts on the team and what we should do.

But you're absolutely right. Folks need to get a grip.
Fully aware, good sir. And while we have diverging views, I do respect your views.

But enough's enough, really. We all need to relax.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Gary320

Quote:
What I enjoyed was Gorges taking to fighting a guy that was much too big for him, and watching Gionta go after Colton Orr even if he shouldn't have.

I love this team because they don't give a **** about any of these perceived limitations of theirs - they go out there and play hard and for each other, no matter the consequence or perception they're "smurfs". They stick up for each other and goddamit I love it.

I'd rather have "smurfs" that will do what it takes even if they get beatdown than a bunch of deadweights like Latendresse or outright goons like John Scott.
Seriously. That's what I loved about it [only thing to love tonight]
Look they looked awful out there, they were frustrated as hell. But they all stood up for each other, they got their ass kicked with fights but everyone one of them stood up for his teammate and for themselves. Last year, we hardly saw any of that ****.

Not saying sticking up is gonna win you games.. just saying it's freaking nice to see these guys protecting one another. Acting as a team.

Yes we sucked.
But **** there have been so many positive things so far. We are going to let one ****ing game ruin the optimistic attitude we had? What kind of quitting attitude is that.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:22 PM
habtastic

The only thing about tonight that's really any different is that it will take a climb in the standings (over a two week span) to help us get over this loss.

As for us taking a beatdown - what I DID see was no Hab backing down. NO ONE. One can construe it as being beaten up, but really I saw every player stand up for their fellow players. As for Moen being invisible, the leafs didn't want to fight guys they might have a problem with. They went for guys who they had an advantage over. It's cowardly. Bruins, Leafs, same **** now.

We are not a bad team and calm down about the league now knowing how soft we are.

Score goals. Stop goals. Do that and there's no problem. Right now, particularly tonight - that was a problem. Eller to "first line" duties STAT.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TennisMenace

Quote:

Then we will have to agree to disagree. I got ZERO pleasure watching those beatdowns, although I do respect Gorges for the effort. We should have role players doing that dirty work instead.

Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
I think part of the reaction tonight is because we were told that the type of stuff that happened tonight would not be happening anymore. We may not win, but no way the opposition will come into the BC and run all over us.

But it happened. And it escalated as badly, if not more, than it ever had in the past.

And it happened against one of our biggest rivals (at least in the fans mind).

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Seriously. That's what I loved about it [only thing to love tonight]
Look they looked awful out there, they were frustrated as hell. But they all stood up for each other, they got their ass kicked with fights but everyone one of them stood up for his teammate and for themselves. Last year, we hardly saw any of that ****.

Not saying sticking up is gonna win you games.. just saying it's freaking nice to see these guys protecting one another. Acting as a team.
A million times yes.

Obviously I don't like seeing us lose fights (or fight at all, for that matter, that's not how we should be playing - we're a team built on speed and skill), but it is damn refreshing to see the guys care about each other and will back each other up.