HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Do we need a heavyweight enforcer...

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Darcy Hordichuk on waivers?
Yes 21 33.87%
No 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 11:14 PM
CN_paladin

vCash: 500
Armstrong and Moen are big ******* letting a smaller 6' Prust to fend all for himself.

Where are all those folks who still think a bigger guy isn't needed to play the Leafs, Bruins and Flyers of this world? Tomas could have had his knee blown out on that play.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Besides....you cannot have agitators on your team and not respond. Marchand can agitate 'cause he knows that other guys in his team will take charge of the fighting departement. But if Gallagher, Subban and Co agitates and we can't respond....that will alienate a guy like Prust and Moen will be even more invisible....if that's possible.
Moen and Armstrong have been useless so far this season. Prust is all alone when it comes to standing up for the team. WTH

Old
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Besides....you cannot have agitators on your team and not respond. Marchand can agitate 'cause he knows that other guys in his team will take charge of the fighting departement. But if Gallagher, Subban and Co agitates and we can't respond....that will alienate a guy like Prust and Moen will be even more invisible....if that's possible.
Prust doesnt seem to have any problems responding, Moen and Armstrong on the other hand...

Old
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Just get Mirasty.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:18 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Armstrong and Moen are big ******* letting a smaller 6' Prust to fend all for himself.

Where are all those folks who still think a bigger guy isn't needed to play the Leafs, Bruins and Flyers of this world? Tomas could have had his knee blown out on that play.
the last guy who fought Orr on the Habs was in the line-up, and he'S 5'8...

if a guy like Cube has the balls to go against goons like Orr, I really dont see why Moen and Armstrong wouldnt go from time to time.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:18 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Just get Mirasty.
I don't think upper management really cares about these beatdowns. They seem to be more concerned with looking fast.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
I don't think upper management really cares about these beatdowns. They seem to be more concerned with looking fast.
We're fast alright. We're rapidly falling on the ice.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:21 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

Never been a fan of moen. The guy is just ok doesnt do too much and doesnt make many mistakes but all i all doesnt bring much to the table and armstrong seems like Moen 2.0 and really dissapointed me because i liked that signing

Old
02-09-2013, 11:22 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
the last guy who fought Orr on the Habs was in the line-up, and he'S 5'8...

if a guy like Cube has the balls to go against goons like Orr, I really dont see why Moen and Armstrong wouldnt go from time to time.
Gorges still fought a much bigger McLaren so yeah Moen and Armstrong are ****ing *******.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:27 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
We're fast alright. We're rapidly falling on the ice.
Losing to the Bruins, Sabres, and Leafs in a 5 day span may open the floodgates I'm afraid.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Bieber fever

I want steve macintyre

Old
02-09-2013, 11:46 PM
GenericFan2*

Armstrong can't fight for the life of him. He got pounded by Seidenberg last year versus the Bruins and was molested by Eager. Hes just not the Armstrong people remember in Pittsburgh and Atlanta.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Gary320

Get me a heavyweight who can help score or get points and also fight. Not a guy who is going to take a roster spot and sit on the bench for 53 minutes.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Can't believe we fell with this "we're so tough now".....Moen not wanting to be tough anymore....Armstrong was never really tough to begin with. Our tough guy is a 6'0'' full of heart but that doesn't scare anybody. And our only nutcase is in the stands 'cause he's too dangerous for his own team.....or supposed to be. Add the agitators that are Subban and Gallagher, the first who's a terrble fighter, the other that will do his best but is 5'8''. Add Emelin who is a great hitter but can never fight anymore because of his injury.

We're actually tough on paper. It's on the ice that it's way more complicated.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:52 PM
rockjngo

No fighter over 30 please, they stop fighting at that age. need someone around 25.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:53 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
Armstrong can't fight for the life of him. He got pounded by Seidenberg last year versus the Bruins and was molested by Eager. Hes just not the Armstrong people remember in Pittsburgh and Atlanta.
I don't know why anybody thinks Armstrong can fight, either. His fight card is probably the saddest one I've ever seen (loss to Fedotenko, draw with Comrie, Seidenberg pounding, etc.) He's pretty much a grinder that's capable of throwing a massive hit now and again.

Moen should be embarrassed. There is no way that he should have come out of this game with clean hands while guys like Gallagher and Gorges ended up fighting.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Can't believe we fell with this "we're so tough now".....Moen not wanting to be tough anymore....Armstrong was never really tough to begin with. Our tough guy is a 6'0'' full of heart but that doesn't scare anybody. And our only nutcase is in the stands 'cause he's too dangerous for his own team.....or supposed to be. Add the agitators that are Subban and Gallagher, the first who's a terrble fighter, the other that will do his best but is 5'8''. Add Emelin who is a great hitter but can never fight anymore because of his injury.

We're actually tough on paper. It's on the ice that it's way more complicated.
Pretty much.

Excellent analysis.

I sort of like that Therrien thought he was this severe school master punishing White and it came to bite him in the butt.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Bring back Staubitz!

Old
MetM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
And when we had Laraque, Lucic and Chara wanted none of it. So it was a pointless roster spot.
A 1st liner and a Norris trophy winner didn't want to lose 5 minutes of their time with a goon? Really? How surprising.

Thornton fought him.

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
I don't know why anybody thinks Armstrong can fight, either. His fight card is probably the saddest one I've ever seen (loss to Fedotenko, draw with Comrie, Seidenberg pounding, etc.) He's pretty much a grinder that's capable of throwing a massive hit now and again.

Moen should be embarrassed. There is no way that he should have come out of this game with clean hands while guys like Gallagher and Gorges ended up fighting.
The thing about Armstrong is that he never was a fighter but at least in the past he was a pest, a **** disturber, remember the huge hit he threw against Saku Koivu back in the day?

Old
02-09-2013, 11:59 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post

not only about fights, neither him or Moen were throwing their weight around... same for Cole (even though he isnt a grinder) who has the size and strenght to send a player overboard...

Old
02-10-2013, 12:05 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Get me a heavyweight who can help score or get points and also fight. Not a guy who is going to take a roster spot and sit on the bench for 53 minutes.
Problem is, our 4th line guys are terrible anyways. At least give me someone who will actually do his job.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
not only about fights, neither him or Moen were throwing their weight around... same for Cole (even though he isnt a grinder) who has the size and strenght to send a player overboard...
Cole doesn't and never had an edge. That's why Gauthier and Martin went to get him, he's their ideal player. Cole's whole game is taking the puck and forcing his way to the net. With his size and strength, he doesn't even hit other players when the opportunity is there.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Beendair Donedat

Embarrassed, beaten up and laughed at by the opposition tonight. Sickened by that display of gutlessness by the Habs tonight in their own rink.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

I didn't want a figher 'cause he'd be a waste of space. Well waste of space for waste of space....bring in a fighter. I'm done with Armstrong who's CLEARLY the player that Toronto didn't need to have. And I'm clsoe being done with Moen.

Closed Thread