HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Winreims

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
To me it was a clear act of defending your captain...the refs weren't doing ****.
It wasn't as if Orr was whaling on Gionta. You don't challenge a guy the way Bourque challenged Orr and expect not to fight, especially when it's Orr you're grabbing like that.

Old
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
If Prust was such a tough guy why didn't try to start something with Orr or McLaren?

Probably because he got his ass handed to him by Fraser, our 3rd best fighter.
Are you referring to what happened later on with Bourque and Gionta? Prust was served a 10 minute misconduct, so he was in the dressing room when this occurred.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
RogerRoeper*

James Reimer: .928 save%. We have our #1 goalie.

Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Who told Gionta to go after Orr? And who made Bourque a referee? I can understand he wanted to contribute since he did basically nothing in the game, but he isn't wearing stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
bourqe had no choice but to jump in
but no way was it was a cheap shot
he knew what he was getting into
That's a freaking cheap shot even in a bar fight... He's clearly not going in to fight, Orr is just classless for doing that and this is the biggest issue here.
And for the record I said the same thing about Ryan White. The only thing is that White was less retarded and it was against someone who actually drops the mitts and talk crap alot.

Old
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

Quote:
To me it was a clear act of defending your captain...the refs weren't doing ****.
He had to go in there to back up his captain. yes, but honestly, Orr would have just wrestled with Gionta and let the refs break them up. Gionta would have looked good, and inspired his teammates. Borque kind of messed up there. Got sat down.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:17 PM
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
LOL yeah brown sure looked tough versus prust two weeks ago. and phaneuf? ok
anyway see you on the 27th.
Ok so Prust can find Brown again and leave everyone else high and dry like tonight. Or he can try his luck at Orr or Mclaren. We saw how he did with Fraser tonight. See you on the 27th. I really hope Stortini, White or whoever else dresses. Orr needs another highlight after his blazing speed to the outside and a apple tonight.

Old
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
It would be incredibly stupid for Montreal to go after the Leafs. Browns a tough guy who can scrap. Throw in Orr,Fraser, and McLaren, the Habs are completely outmatched. Prust is a better fighter than Brown but I wouldn't put money on him beating the Leafs big boys.

Old
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
James Reimer: .928 save%. We have our #1 goalie.
Jinxed it

Old
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Well, might be longer than you think. As much as it pains me to say this, I have to say the Leafs look good man. Reimer was solid. Phaneuf looked like Phaneuf of old. They were physical, skilled up front, aggressive, first on the puck, won the special teams battle, something like 68% vs 34% on faceoffs and I could keep going. They handed Montreal their ***** tonight in every department.

But I still think the Orr knee, run whatever you want to call it was cheap, I thought the tall dude (sorry forget his name) fighting mini Gally was cheap and biting, no matter what the reason is, between men, I can never accept. Just me though.

And honestly I'd rather be here arguing about this stuff and hating you guys than the complete bore fest the rivalry's become in the last few years.

It's more fun to hate each other.

And as much as it sucked watching that game for me tonight. I'm sure it was awesome for you. Habs will respond though. That I promise.
Fair enough about Pacioretty. I agree about the biting being offside, but its hard to say how you'd react in that situation. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. Lets not forget this all started with Prust stalking Komarov after the whistle. Grabovski jumped in to defend his teammate and for some reason Pacioretty felt he needed to protect Prust from Grabovski?

Orr did run Plekanec, after Plekanec two handed him going the other way, what should he expect? Then Orr gets up and Gionta is coming at him, what was Gionta doing? If you go at someone like Orr after a questionable run like that, what do you expect? Then Bourque too, he comes in and grabs Colton Orr who already has to flippers off and is poised to defend his actions? Orr was surrounded by red jerseys so he started swinging at them.

Montreal lost their composure and that's why the game got so chippy.

Old
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Which was an started by a clear act of protecting our goalie.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:19 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Leafs' Leo Komarov asked about getting under Montreal's skin: 'I didnít have to do anything today. It was 6-0 so easy game for us.'

Old
12345*

Quote:
Why would Phaneuf fight a scrub? Phaneuf logs 30 minutes a night for us. Prust does what? If Prust wants to act like a tough guy, act tough against our tough guys. Orr and McClaren were around all game and Prust didn't say **** to them. Big bad Prust went after Komarov and Grabo. Prust initiated a green light on Montreal's skill by targeting our skill.

Old
The Kessel Run

This was the first time in.....geez, a REALLY long time that the Leafs actually showed a little sandpaper. It was great. The hyperbole from Habs fans tonight is also very entertaining. It's been so rare for the Leafs to actually physically impose their will on a team - nice to see that we might have a lineup that can do that when necessary. Cheers, look forward to the next matchup!

Old
02-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Lilou
t-.-t

Why can't hab fans admit Prust started tonights actions? This is a FACT. HE began to run around after the 4th goal and the Leafs ended it.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:21 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
That's a freaking cheap shot even in a bar fight... He's clearly not going in to fight, Orr is just classless for doing that and this is the biggest issue here.
And for the record I said the same thing about Ryan White. The only thing is that White was less retarded and it was against someone who actually drops the mitts and talk crap alot.
Watch the video and you will see that Orr did not sucker him but responded to him punching Orr first.

So now it is classes to defend your self?

Old
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
bourqe had no choice but to jump in
but no way was it was a cheap shot
he knew what he was getting into
I agree, he had to jump in, but he should've sucker punched Orr right off the bat instead of trying to get him off Gionta by pulling him away and then get sucker punched himself.

Old
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
Leafs' Leo Komarov asked about getting under Montreal's skin: 'I didnít have to do anything today. It was 6-0 so easy game for us.'
Trollmorov at his best.

Old
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
It wasn't as if Orr was whaling on Gionta. You don't challenge a guy the way Bourque challenged Orr and expect not to fight, especially when it's Orr you're grabbing like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
He had to go in there to back up his captain. yes, but honestly, Orr would have just wrestled with Gionta and let the refs break them up. Gionta would have looked good, and inspired his teammates. Borque kind of messed up there. Got sat down.
I'll admit Bourque ****ed up the way he separated Orr from Gionta, he shouldn't have grabbed his head to separate them and that did warrant a retaliation from Orr. I just think the punch to the face was unwarranted for a guy who didn't even have his gloves off and wasn't the least bit expecting the punch (based on the replay anyways). Although I'll admit Bourque should have expected something to go down with Orr, I still think Orr should have wrestled Bourque down too just like he had done to Gionta.

02-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Wilma

I think a combined forum for just Leaf / Hab games would have more posts than 50% of the Western Conference

Old
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
This will surely put Hab fans in a better mood.

Old
useref15

I'm still waiting to see a video that shows a bite that Habs fans are crying about....

Old
02-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
I'll admit Bourque ****ed up the way he separated Orr from Gionta, he shouldn't have grabbed his head to separate them and that did warrant a retaliation from Orr. I just think the punch to the face was unwarranted for a guy who didn't even have his gloves off and wasn't the least bit expecting the punch (based on the replay anyways). Although I'll admit Bourque should have expected something to go down with Orr, I still think Orr should have wrestled Bourque down too just like he had done to Gionta.
Given the amount of time Orr had to react, and considering he was, probably rightfully, expecting the person who just put him into a headlock to want a full-on fight, I can't for a second see how you could think the above.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:24 PM
PunchDLove*

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
I'm still waiting to see a video that shows a bite that Habs fans are crying about....
Don't be surprised that when it's posted, Max Pacioretty looks suspiciously like Evander Holyfield.

Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Watch the video and you will see that Orr did not sucker him but responded to him punching Orr first.

So now it is classes to defend your self?
Wait so next time a toddler punches me i punch him back?

Old
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
There is no conclusive evidence of a bite.

Prust went after Komarov in a 5-0 game because he is a rat, Grabovski went over to get after Prust, Prust punches Grabovski, scrum ensues, MaxPac comes from behind and puts his arm around Grabo's mouth/nose.

Closed Thread