HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 11:25 PM
12345*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
I'm still waiting to see a video that shows a bite that Habs fans are crying about....
There isn't one. Just circumstantial in the scrum.

I'm pretty sure Grabo bit him but there is no definitive evidence.

I don't condone what he did but MaxPac had no right putting a neck crank on Grabo when he was engaged with another player.

Old
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Wait so next time a toddler punched me i punch him back?
Oh my god.. You really have no argument. Just stop.

Old
tape to tape

Bourque rips Orr's helmet off and gives him a jab to the face with his glove still on. What did you expect?

Old
conway902

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
I'll admit Bourque ****ed up the way he separated Orr from Gionta, he shouldn't have grabbed his head to separate them and that did warrant a retaliation from Orr. I just think the punch to the face was unwarranted for a guy who didn't even have his gloves off and wasn't the least bit expecting the punch (based on the replay anyways). Although I'll admit Bourque should have expected something to go down with Orr, I still think Orr should have wrestled Bourque down too just like he had done to Gionta.
If you look at it Orr might not have seen both hands and could not tell if he had his gloves off or not??

Old
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
When a guy like Orr is tied up with a player and has 1 glove already off, if you come up behind him and grab his face with your glove and tug his helmet off you have to know that he's coming up swinging.

blendermf
GO LEAFS GO!

Quote:
Oh, so that's how you guys view your players. Got it.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Fair enough about Pacioretty. I agree about the biting being offside, but its hard to say how you'd react in that situation. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. Lets not forget this all started with Prust stalking Komarov after the whistle. Grabovski jumped in to defend his teammate and for some reason Pacioretty felt he needed to protect Prust from Grabovski?

Orr did run Plekanec, after Plekanec two handed him going the other way, what should he expect? Then Orr gets up and Gionta is coming at him, what was Gionta doing? If you go at someone like Orr after a questionable run like that, what do you expect? Then Bourque too, he comes in and grabs Colton Orr who already has to flippers off and is poised to defend his actions? Orr was surrounded by red jerseys so he started swinging at them.

Montreal lost their composure and that's why the game got so chippy.
Like I said Prust had already started to let go of Komarov when Grabovski joined in. But let say you are right and Purst is indeed with Komarov...Grabovksi joining it...doesn't it makes 2 Leafs on 1 Habs? Wasn't Pacioretty justified to take Grabovski while Pacioretty HIMSELF was also grabbed from behind? And if Orr was so incredibly surrounded by Habs, which in fact was Gionta and Bourque...2 Habs...wouldn't Prust also be surrounded by Leafs?

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Fair enough about Pacioretty. I agree about the biting being offside, but its hard to say how you'd react in that situation. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. Lets not forget this all started with Prust stalking Komarov after the whistle. Grabovski jumped in to defend his teammate and for some reason Pacioretty felt he needed to protect Prust from Grabovski?

Orr did run Plekanec, after Plekanec two handed him going the other way, what should he expect? Then Orr gets up and Gionta is coming at him, what was Gionta doing? If you go at someone like Orr after a questionable run like that, what do you expect? Then Bourque too, he comes in and grabs Colton Orr who already has to flippers off and is poised to defend his actions? Orr was surrounded by red jerseys so he started swinging at them.

Montreal lost their composure and that's why the game got so chippy.
No doubt Montreal lost their composure. Pacioretty did what players always do. Prust (who was a bit out of control tonight if you ask me) was going after Kumarov, Grabovsky went to defend his teamate so Pacioretty held him back. Guys facewash guys ALL the time. Phaneuf grabbed Gio by the face 3 times in front of the net. Doesn't mean you freaking bite the guy. It's just gross.

Having said that, they said they'd be more severe with the facewashing this year and so far they're not. They're calling ridiculous ghost penalties and letting guys get away with way too much after the whistles. Pacioretty's hand in my face like that would have infuriated me yes. But there is no way in hell I'd ever, ever BITE a guys hand. It's wrong on every level.

Old
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:

Hockey has separate rules than that from the real world. Any analogy made from actions taken in the game and real life is just dumb.

After all, by the same reasoning, I should be able to run headlong and completely deck a guy standing at a red light with a stiff shoulder check by the same reasoning.

Old
RogerRoeper*

Who cares who was the biggest cheap-shot artist. The Leafs were just far too good for the Habs tonight,

Old
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Wait so next time a toddler punches me i punch him back?
If it makes you feel better about tonight's game, go right ahead and retaliate against a toddler.

Old
The Kessel Run

Quote:
Wait...what? So Bourque is the equivalent of a toddler? What's your point here?

Old
Fat Jughead

Quote:
I'm still waiting to see a video that shows a bite that Habs fans are crying about....
Doesn't exist. CBC showed the "elusive" front view, and all you can see is Pax mugging Grabo, and Grabo trying to pull his hand off his face.

Maybe he bit em, maybe he didn't. But you can't see for sure.

Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Oh my god.. You really have no argument. Just stop.
It's an hyperbole... But hey your arguments are clearly better than mine

Old
02-09-2013, 11:27 PM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Given the amount of time Orr had to react, and considering he was, probably rightfully, expecting the person who just put him into a headlock to want a full-on fight, I can't for a second see how you could think the above.
Agreed. I'm sure Orr didn't even know who it was. He just had someones hands in his face and he acted like he normally does when he throws a heavy counterpunch. Right hoook.

Old
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Wait so next time a toddler punches me i punch him back?
Lol? Welcome to hockey -- no free shots, no take backs, no good intentions assumed. Being a shrimp isn't a free pass.

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Why can't hab fans admit Prust started tonights actions? This is a FACT. HE began to run around after the 4th goal and the Leafs ended it.
I can. I agree. He lost his cool.

Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kessel Run View Post
Wait...what? So Bourque is the equivalent of a toddler? What's your point here?
Hyperbole...

Orr being one of the heavyweights of this league and Bourque being heh.... bourque.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
bourqe had no choice but to jump in
but no way was it was a cheap shot
he knew what he was getting into
No he didn't know. If he'd knew, he would have dropped it. Bourque had dropped those gloves before....he still remember how to do it. Bourque was going there to stop Orr from going with Gionta. Not to confront Orr himself. If Bourque knew, and knows that it's nutcase Orr, he would have punched Orr first.

Old
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Agreed. I'm sure Orr didn't even know who it was. He just had someones hands in his face and he acted like he normally does when he throws a heavy counterpunch. Right hoook.
And down goes Bourque.

Old
Chips*

Great game Fabs. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Old
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
There isn't one. Just circumstantial in the scrum.

I'm pretty sure Grabo bit him but there is no definitive evidence.

I don't condone what he did but MaxPac had no right putting a neck crank on Grabo when he was engaged with another player.
I applaud Pacioretty. Ca you imagine what Mikhail Grabovski would have done to Prust had he let him go? Pacioretty selflessly put his own limb in harms way to potentially save a teammate. No police needed.

Talk about captain material.

Old
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Given the amount of time Orr had to react, and considering he was, probably rightfully, expecting the person who just put him into a headlock to want a full-on fight, I can't for a second see how you could think the above.
Fair and good enough point

Old
02-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Reuben

Quote:
go to the habs forum you'll see two angles as well as the bite marks on Pacorietty's arm. After seeing both video's and the bite marks on the arm, someone would have to be a massive idiot or a giant homer to suggest he didn't bite him.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:29 PM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
No doubt Montreal lost their composure. Pacioretty did what players always do. Prust (who was a bit out of control tonight if you ask me) was going after Kumarov, Grabovsky went to defend his teamate so Pacioretty held him back. Guys facewash guys ALL the time. Phaneuf grabbed Gio by the face 3 times in front of the net. Doesn't mean to freaking bite the guy. It's just gross.

Having said that, they said they'd be more severe with the facewashing this year and so far they're not. They're calling ridiculous ghost penalties and letting guys get away with way too much after the whistles. Pacioretty's hand in my face like that would have infuriated me yes. But there is no way in hell I'd ever, ever BITE a guys hand. It's wrong on every level.
If you were in a fight and someone stuck their hand in your mouth, what would you do? Suck on it? Or do something to get it out?

I'm not saying I approve of biting. Just asking what you would do? Serious question.

Closed Thread