HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#11 - 02/10/2013 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2013, 10:49 PM
  #26
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Fish View Post
no joke i actually had a dream last night about the rangers taking an early penalty, i was so pissed in my dream lmfao.
Probably too many men..

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:52 PM
  #27
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 400
I'll be in attendance.

Krams is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:52 PM
  #28
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,744
vCash: 500
Maybe Nash will actually finish one of his adorable little dipsy doodles in this game.

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:53 PM
  #29
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Probably too many men..
You can dress a sorority for the Rangers and they'd still get a too many men penalty.

/corny joke

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:54 PM
  #30
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
You can dress a sorority for the Rangers and they'd still get a too many men penalty.

/corny joke
lolololololololololololololololol.

Snowblind isn't always cold and calculated. He cracks jokes!

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:08 PM
  #31
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED
 
Swedish Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Probably too many men..

Swedish Fish is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:14 PM
  #32
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yeah just put him in for Asham. It's ridiculous how much better Boyle is than Asham.
Asham > Boyle. Leave it as it is.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
  #33
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I feel like Torts should show Boyle some trust and see if sitting lit a fire. Put em on a giant line with Nash. Try this:

Hagelin Richards Gaborik
Pyatt Boyle Nash
Miller Stepan Callahan (give miller less defensive responsibility by putting him on wing)
Kreider Halpern Powe (that line is fast, work Kreider in on the top lines)

Sit Asham - tb doesnt fight.

That's deep
Great Idea. Take the guy with some of the worst hands in the league and put him with your best offensive threat. Did Nash do something to your sister? Boyle is a 4th liner. Period.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:17 PM
  #34
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Asham > Boyle. Leave it as it is.
I really don't even know how to respond to this anymore.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:24 PM
  #35
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Asham > Boyle. Leave it as it is.
At what, checkers? Clearly not hockey....

Machinehead is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:27 PM
  #36
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Fish View Post
I laughed out loud. The look on his face fits perfectly. Was that photoshopped or a mistake? I really hope it's the latter.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:30 PM
  #37
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I really don't even know how to respond to this anymore.
Then don't Bob. You have your opinion, I have mine. You are under no obligation to respond. Just watch the games with an open mind and maybe you'll see what I see.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:31 PM
  #38
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Then don't Bob. You have your opinion, I have mine. You are under no obligation to respond. Just watch the games with an open mind and maybe you'll see what I see.
I understand that you loathe Boyle. Fine. But to call Asham a better player? How'd you form that opinion? Scribble it on some paper and pull it out of a hat?

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:31 PM
  #39
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Then don't Bob. You have your opinion, I have mine. You are under no obligation to respond. Just watch the games with an open mind and maybe you'll see what I see.

I don't think the idea of Nash doing someone's sister can be evident through watching the game but what do I know?

Cresto is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:36 PM
  #40
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
At what, checkers? Clearly not hockey....
Yeah clearly! BB is great; great skater; superb hands; great vision; outstanding playmaker, tough to get off the puck, strong on his skates; strong, accurate shot.

He can get in the way of a puck and win a little more than 1/2 his faceoffs. Fine for a 4th liner. But nothing more. Asham has actually made some plays in this league and he can protect his teammates. Right now Boyle is somewhat redundant. We have plenty of PK guys with the new additions and Cally being healthy again. Asham is unique on this team because of his toughness and that's right he has superior hands and a much better shot than BB. I'm not sure where all this Asham hate comes from. He's a Ranger now and he is acclimating. Boyle has no excuse for his play that is worse than usual.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:37 PM
  #41
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED
 
Swedish Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I laughed out loud. The look on his face fits perfectly. Was that photoshopped or a mistake? I really hope it's the latter.
im pretty sure thats real lol

Swedish Fish is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:37 PM
  #42
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
I don't think the idea of Nash doing someone's sister can be evident through watching the game but what do I know?
Nash wouldn't be able to do someone's sister. He'd pull a number right away, get a date immediately, proceed to have an amazing date, get invited in for coffee, and still not score.

Just like on the ice.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:37 PM
  #43
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I understand that you loathe Boyle. Fine. But to call Asham a better player? How'd you form that opinion? Scribble it on some paper and pull it out of a hat?
I don't hate Boyle!!!

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:39 PM
  #44
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
I'd rather be arguing about Boyle vs Asham for 4th line and Eminger vs Gilroy for 3rd pairing than Christensen vs Avery for 1st line.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
  #45
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
I'd rather be arguing about Boyle vs Asham for 4th line and Eminger vs Gilroy for 3rd pairing than Christensen vs Avery for 1st line.
EC had the thousand yard stare that turned men into statues. He has to be a first liner.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
  #46
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Yeah clearly! BB is great; great skater; superb hands; great vision; outstanding playmaker, tough to get off the puck, strong on his skates; strong, accurate shot.

He can get in the way of a puck and win a little more than 1/2 his faceoffs. Fine for a 4th liner. But nothing more. Asham has actually made some plays in this league and he can protect his teammates. Right now Boyle is somewhat redundant. We have plenty of PK guys with the new additions and Cally being healthy again. Asham is unique on this team because of his toughness and that's right he has superior hands and a much better shot than BB. I'm not sure where all this Asham hate comes from. He's a Ranger now and he is acclimating. Boyle has no excuse for his play that is worse than usual.
So does my grandmother, big deal.

He still doesn't have Boyle's size, defensive ability, checking game, ability in the faceoff circle, or PK ability. And for all the talk of Boyle being soft, I've never seen Aaron Asham screw with the head of a top 5 player in the game the way Boyle ****ed up Karlsson in the playoffs.

He does however, have the ability to have staged fights. Wonderful. I think we're moving away from that and I say good riddance.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:42 PM
  #47
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED
 
Swedish Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
The only thing Asham does better then Boyle is fight

Swedish Fish is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:45 PM
  #48
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,744
vCash: 500
The only thing Boyle ever did wrong was be 6'7". If he was 5'11" people would love him.

But people see a guy who's that size and automatically he has to be a great fighter, throw highlight reel hits, and be a convicted serial killer or he sucks.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:48 PM
  #49
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Don't try to fix what isn't broken.

Leave boyle on the bench or in the press box in this case.

FromTheSide is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:49 PM
  #50
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
So does my grandmother, big deal.

He still doesn't have Boyle's size, defensive ability, checking game, ability in the faceoff circle, or PK ability. And for all the talk of Boyle being soft, I've never seen Aaron Asham screw with the head of a top 5 player in the game the way Boyle ****ed up Karlsson in the playoffs.

He does however, have the ability to have staged fights. Wonderful. I think we're moving away from that and I say good riddance.
This is unfair. Asham his entire career has done what we loved Pruster for. He stood up for his guys and dropped them to change a game. He had one staged fight this year at the beginning of a game and now he's labeled. That's not the kind of player he is and that's awesome that your grandmother can light the lamp. Asham has a good shot; if you didn't know that, now you do. Not sure what you're talking about with Karlsson. He played great against us in that series. BB facewashed him and got a beating for it. Didn't really accomplish too much. In fact that little episode fired up the Sens who took us to the brink.

Yes, Asham doesn't kill penalties anymore. But his skill set is no less important than BB. If Brian gets back into the lineup I would be surprised if it was at the expense of Asham.

Bardof425* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.