HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 12:36 AM
diceman934

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
First punch? He grabbed him to stop Orr from punching big tough guy Gionta. Then took his distance. So that's how you punch? Geez Bourque went to the wrong class again....
He tossed the first punch.....it shows clearly that he did....and Gionta came after Orr....

Old
02-10-2013, 12:37 AM
conway902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
First punch? He grabbed him to stop Orr from punching big tough guy Gionta. Then took his distance. So that's how you punch? Geez Bourque went to the wrong class again....
I don't think Orr would have punched Gionta after throwing him down, considering He usually wont punch another goon after they were down.

Old
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Fair and good enough point
I'm glad you can appreciate the opposite way of thinking.

As much as it would've been ideal for Orr to wrestle with him a bit, if you're in the middle of a scrum and you get grabbed in the manner he did, you've gotta expect punches to be thrown both ways. He was the third man in.

Bourque apparently interpreted it differently and was thrown off guard, which made it look worse than it was.

We'll see whether Shanahan thinks anything in this game was suspension worthy but I won't be surprised if he doesn't.

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
If you were in a fight and someone stuck their hand in your mouth, what would you do? Suck on it? Or do something to get it out?

I'm not saying I approve of biting. Just asking what you would do? Serious question.
If you mean a street fight, first I'd do anything possible to avoid the fight. If that's not possible, then anything goes.

In a scrum during a hockey game. No I wouldn't bite a guy's hand. It wouldn't even cross my mind.

Old
Call of the loonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuGsY View Post
okay so he bit him.....Now what? You still got rocked 6-0.
Yes! Shanahan could suspend Grabovski for biting, Orr for almost hitting someone, and Carlyle for being mean but the Leafs wiping the floor with the Habs is still a net gain.

Old
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post

He tossed the first punch....any questions.
Are we watching the same video?

Old
02-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
If you mean a street fight, first I'd do anything possible to avoid the fight. If that's not possible, then anything goes.

In a scrum during a hockey game. No I wouldn't bite a guy's hand. It wouldn't even cross my mind.
There is a difference between a normal hockey scrum and putting your bare hand over a person's face. I don't think Habs fans can or want to admit that right now.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:

How do you know he thought about it? What if it was completely reactionary? Something's in his mouth, so *chomp*?

That's not too unlikely, is it, especially when it's also squishing his nose and probably inhibiting his ability to breath?

Old
02-10-2013, 12:40 AM
KPower

Leafs sent a message to the habs tonight.

Intimidation works in hockey.

Can't wait for the next one.

Old
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:

Even if he's got his arm over your mouth and nose causing you the inability to breathe?

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
And lol about Bourque fighting. He's better off not getting involved.
Hey Matt Hendricks isn't Grabovski, but Bourque did pretty well against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
No, there were 2 other Habs in on that as well. 3 Habs vs 2 Leafs, it's on TSN.ca. Pacioretty went directly towards Komarov after Grabo stepped in vs Prust. Keep reaching though
Good job disregarding that Prust had let Komarov go and that if tough guy Grabovski doesn't come his way....there's no altercation whatsoever. And look closely...Bouillon is indeed close by, but when Bouillon takes Komarov from behind, Pacioretty is immediately taken by another Leafs. Bouillon is not participating in this until Pacioretty is taken by another guy.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:41 AM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Are we watching the same video?
Not if you are denying that he tossed the first punch....even when presented with video proof you are denying the truth.....wow!

Old
02-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
There is a difference between a normal hockey scrum and putting your bare hand over a person's face. I don't think Habs fans can or want to admit that right now.
It wasn't even his hand. I could understand the Habs fans reaction if he put his hand over his mouth and Grabs bit him. At least there's a possible moment there to think about what's happening and decide.

But it's a ****ing forearm in his mouth and nose. I'd be shocked if most people wouldn't bite down in that situation.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post
I'm glad you can appreciate the opposite way of thinking.

As much as it would've been ideal for Orr to wrestle with him a bit, if you're in the middle of a scrum and you get grabbed in the manner he did, you've gotta expect punches to be thrown both ways. He was the third man in.

Bourque apparently interpreted it differently and was thrown off guard, which made it look worse than it was.

We'll see whether Shanahan thinks anything in this game was suspension worthy but I won't be surprised if he doesn't.
I have no issues with Orr's punch to Bourque either. He was already engaged with Gio and Bourque came in there when Orr's head was down. He was already swinging and probably thought either I clock him or he clocks me.
I do think he tried to injure Plekanec though.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Sawyer
Wheeeee

LOL, at this point I just wanna find that vid of Cherry ripping on the Habs for putting out their top PP unit from a couple seasons ago when the Habs were up 4-0 vs the Bruins and Cherry ripped em on it and called it gutless and pointless just to see his reaction to tonights game if he brings it up

Old
02-10-2013, 12:43 AM
useref15

Is there a YT of Prust going after Komarov and Prust/Grabovski?

Old
02-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
It wasn't even his hand. I could understand the Habs fans reaction if he put his hand over his mouth and Grabs bit him. At least there's a possible moment there to think about what's happening and decide.

But it's a ****ing forearm in his mouth and nose. I'd be shocked if most people wouldn't bite down in that situation.
That's right the forearm! And then he was jerking Grabovski's head around. Pacioretty is a whiny little *****, period.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Is there a YT of Prust going after Komarov and Prust/Grabovski?
Post 65 on page 3.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
Whatever it is...the guy bit him. I just can't justify biting sorry. Just the way I think. Not trying to convince you otherwise. It's just one of those things that fall into the category of things you just don't do for me.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:45 AM
AuGsY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
LOL, at this point I just wanna find that vid of Cherry ripping on the Habs for putting out their top PP unit from a couple seasons ago when the Habs were up 4-0 vs the Bruins and Cherry ripped em on it and called it gutless and pointless just to see his reaction to tonights game if he brings it up
Cherry is so biased towards the bruins, if he starts talking about them I just change the channel

Old
02-10-2013, 12:46 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Rivalry is back baby!

The Leafs just make these boards more entertaining when the team is successful.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Quote:
Whatever it is...the guy bit him. I just can't justify biting sorry. Just the way I think. Not trying to convince you otherwise. It's just one of those things that fall into the category of things you just don't do for me.
But how can you think that if it was an instinctual reaction? He had his air supply cut off and a pound of flesh in his mouth. Do you really expect someone to keep their wits about them and not bite down?

Old
useref15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Post 65 on page 3.

I meant for what happened that caused the scrum in the first place

Old
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Not if you are denying that he tossed the first punch....even when presented with video proof you are denying the truth.....wow!
If you seriously think that THAT was a punch, something is wrong with your eyes.. he clearly took Orr's helmet off, threw it back, and simply brought his arm forward.. So, unless the "punch" was when he first jumped at him, I saw nothing.

And for anecdotal reasons, I AM a Leafs fan.

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
Even if he's got his arm over your mouth and nose causing you the inability to breathe?
Inability to breathe eh. Slight exaggeration perhaps?

Closed Thread