HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Preisst
Party On!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
That's what I'm saying, he got sucker punched. If Bourque wanted to fight with a guy who already had his gloves off, but Orr punched him before he was even ready to fight then he sucker punched him.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sucker-punch

Finally, a leafs fans and habs fan agreeing.
Just wanted to let you know how badly you are embarrassing yourself. Bourque attacked Orr from behind by the head and ripped his helmet off. How in the world can you even possibly think he got sucker punched before he was "even ready to fight". Your blind hatred is disgusting.

Old
M Gaz
Gogo Yubari

vCash: 50
Grabovski is a ***** for biting Pacioretty, Pacioretty is an idiot for putting his forearm in front of Grabovski's mouth, and Orr is a goon. I think I covered everything.

But seriously, that **** at the end was not cool. What does Orr have to gain by trying to smash Plekanec into a million pieces? You're up 6-0 with 5 minutes left, tone it down a bit. Anyway, I have a feeling that Montreal brings in another tough guy soon. Once Prust was tossed, any toughness the team had was tossed with him.

Old
Brymas McCaberle

1. Play poorly in a hockey game.
2. When victory is out of reach, start gooning it up.
3. Opponents happen to be tougher than anticipated, and attempted gooning subsequently results in getting collective butts kicked

4. Cry and whine about the outcome

Good going guys.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:05 AM
ryanwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
No they don't.

The 6 Canadian teams combined account for 45% of league revenue last time I checked.
Technically, there are 7, but we can let that slide since most people still think of them as the Thrashers...

Old
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Orr is a POS. so glad this type of player is becoming obsolete in today's nhl
Best enforcer in the league kid and he gets paid good money for it. Just like the "dangley ones" get paid siiiick money to dangle.

Old
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
Grabovski is a ***** for biting Pacioretty, Pacioretty is an idiot for putting his forearm in front of Grabovski's mouth, and Orr is a goon. I think I covered everything.

But seriously, that **** at the end was not cool. What does Orr have to gain by trying to smash Plekanec into a million pieces? You're up 6-0 with 5 minutes left, tone it down a bit. Anyway, I have a feeling that Montreal brings in another tough guy soon. Once Prust was tossed, any toughness the team had was tossed with him.
Orr was rightfully pissed off because Turtleneck slashed his hands and then threw Orr's stick out of his hands.

Justified, IMO.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Jigger77

Grabovski is just lucky Pacioretty forgot his chloroform at home tonight.

Old
Preisst
Party On!!

Quote:

What did Plekanec have to gain by giving Orr a slash across both hands seconds before?

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The thing is, I have no idea why biting shouldn't be permitted then. 'Cause chances are, if you bite somebody, is because you have the hand, the arm or whatever close enough that your teeth could reach it. I mean, I've rarely see a guy in a fight, suddenly fall on the ice and reach for the ankle and bite another player. So, if you can always use the excuse "well his hand was in my mouth"....why punish a player for biting then? Biting should be permitted as it's supposed to be the only way you can defend yourself of somebody grabbing you and getting too close to your mouth.

Old
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brymas McCaberle View Post
1. Play poorly in a hockey game.
2. When victory is out of reach, start gooning it up.
3. Opponents happen to be tougher than anticipated, and attempted gooning subsequently results in getting collective butts kicked

4. Cry and whine about the outcome

Good going guys.
This sums it up perfectly

Old
02-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preisst View Post
What did Plekanec have to gain by giving Orr a slash across both hands seconds before?
Is there video of this slash? Not that I don't believe you, I just didn't see it.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:08 AM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Would of been nice to see Grabovski fight Prust.. It can go both ways.
We have a long list of fighters; there is no need for Grabo to fight your toughest guy. Prust should stop going after star players and fight people who actually do it regularly; otherwise you have to expect the same action against your stars.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:09 AM
lampshade*

Quote:

Why you don't understand is Prust has nothing to offer Orr or Mclaren and we saw what Fraser did to him. Mtl has no toughness that can compete with the leafs.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:09 AM
M Gaz
Gogo Yubari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preisst View Post
That was Plekanec? My bad I thought that was a different Hab.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:10 AM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Grabovski is just lucky Pacioretty forgot his chloroform at home tonight.
It must have been behind his teams balls.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Brozak
i scoreded a goal

The whole biting thing is blown out of proportion. Grabo was in the mix with Prust and other random Habs and Patches comes up behind and facewashes Grabo, covering his nose and his mouth. If he did bite him, it certainly didn't leave much of a mark.

But take your victories wherever you can get em Habs fans. The Montreal Canadiens were outplayed in every facet of this game and I loved every single second of it.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Preisst
Party On!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Is there video of this slash? Not that I don't believe you, I just didn't see it.
They showed it during the game, so yes.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I don't remember THIS much outrage when Bergeron got bitten and watching NHL tonight wow The Canadiens are such whiners........

Old
M Gaz
Gogo Yubari

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
Why you don't understand is Prust has nothing to offer Orr or Mclaren and we saw what Fraser did to him. Mtl has no toughness that can compete with the leafs.
Prust is a warrior, but he needs to stick to the guys his own size. Squaring off with Orr probably wouldn't bode well. All the more reason why Montreal needs a big body on that team.

Old
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
How do you know what Grabovski was feeling when Max did that? It was cheap from Pac, period.
That justifies biting? Is Grabovski 4-years old?

Old
firstemperor

To summarize:

Habs took exception to the victory and had some fustration- which is fine, you don't let a team run you out of your building like that.

Leafs retaliated because they took exception to this. Orr got slashed across the hands and had his stick thrown. He went for run at Plek, which I don't agree with, but I didn't agree with the slash on him either.

Bourque hit him with a punch, it's instinct for Orr to expect a fight. Can't blame him there, don't blame Bourque for sticking up for his teammate.

At the end of the day, everything cancels out. Leafs outplayed the Habs tonight. The cheap shots given by both fan bases are petty and pointless.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

New thread up. Closed.