HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#11 - 02/10/2013 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2013, 12:10 AM
  #76
Machinehead
Moderator
Hanta Yo
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 43,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
powe had more blocked shots than cally leave him out of this he is better defensively than boyle. boyle has to beat halpern for a spot which torts clearly doesnt think he has done
Why does he have to beat Halpern? What has Asham done to secure a spot?

__________________

die fabelhafte linken Flügel (:
Machinehead is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:11 AM
  #77
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 49,694
vCash: 50
I don't even think Asham does anything bad, for the record. I just don't think he does anything period. Nothing good and nothing bad.

__________________


"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:12 AM
  #78
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,663
vCash: 500
i feel like people are seriously overrating boyles checking game. for his size he should be hitting more and harder than he is now. he is also an awful skater and he cannot pass, shoot, or even possess the puck well. he had 1 fluke of a season and everyone loves him

Dactyl is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:13 AM
  #79
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
If you don't think he should play above the 4th line, that's fine. Hell, I agree with you. He is offensively inept at times. Looks like he is trying to shoot the puck with a Pogo stick. That said, Asham has yet to show me a single offensive skill that is head and shoulders above Boyle. Defensively it isn't even close and Asham can fight. Good for him.

The day we need to physically beat Tampa Bay down....
I'm going on his career and a few moves he's made in his limited ice time this season. I remember a few times over the last 10 years where Ash has blasted one off the wing and shocked the hell out of me. His skating is not what it was but he was a big scorer in junior. He has decent hands.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:13 AM
  #80
Machinehead
Moderator
Hanta Yo
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 43,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I don't even think Asham does anything bad, for the record. I just don't think he does anything period. Nothing good and nothing bad.
Yeah he hasn't made any turnovers or blatant defenses lapses which led directly to a goal. [I'm looking at you John Mitchell]

That being said I just don't think he brings the positives that Boyle does.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:13 AM
  #81
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Why does he have to beat Halpern? What has Asham done to secure a spot?
He is our only fighter. You need at least one.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:14 AM
  #82
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
i feel like people are seriously overrating boyles checking game. for his size he should be hitting more and harder than he is now. he is also an awful skater and he cannot pass, shoot, or even possess the puck well. he had 1 fluke of a season and everyone loves him
We love him for saying hes a superior player than... Asham?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:15 AM
  #83
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Why does he have to beat Halpern? What has Asham done to secure a spot?
some people around here (the stu defenders) claim we need a tough guy. quite honestly i like asham more. he has made some good quick passes and can carry the puck (two things boyle cant do in his dreams) asham isnt as much of a black hole offensively as boyle.

Dactyl is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:15 AM
  #84
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 49,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I'm going on his career and a few moves he's made in his limited ice time this season. I remember a few times over the last 10 years where Ash has blasted one off the wing and shocked the hell out of me. His skating is not what it was but he was a big scorer in junior. He has decent hands.
Career wise, yes. Asham isn't a goon like many are quick to label him but he is 34 and I just can't see his offensive upside anymore.

Bob Richards is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:15 AM
  #85
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Boyle bullied the Sens early that series, we don't win without him intimidating Karlsson, the best player in hockey.





:20 seconds in.

Machinehead is absolutely right. Free Boyle.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:16 AM
  #86
Machinehead
Moderator
Hanta Yo
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 43,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
i feel like people are seriously overrating boyles checking game. for his size he should be hitting more and harder than he is now. he is also an awful skater and he cannot pass, shoot, or even possess the puck well. he had 1 fluke of a season and everyone loves him
Top 15 in the league in hits in 2011 and 2012 and top 15 so far this year.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:16 AM
  #87
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 19,007
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Career wise, yes. Asham isn't a goon like many are quick to label him but he is 34 and I just can't see his offensive upside anymore.
He can make a pass

Boyle can't make a pass

That's my opinion on the subject, and that's all I'll say

__________________
Krampus is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:17 AM
  #88
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 49,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
i feel like people are seriously overrating boyles checking game. for his size he should be hitting more and harder than he is now. he is also an awful skater and he cannot pass, shoot, or even possess the puck well. he had 1 fluke of a season and everyone loves him
No one is calling him the second coming of Wendel Clark. Just the second coming of the numerous amount of players better than Asham.

Bob Richards is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:18 AM
  #89
Krams
what a time
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Shawinigan
Posts: 4,782
vCash: 69
I've seen Asham actually carry the puck into the offensive zone and create a scoring chance a few times this year. I cannot remember if Boyle has ever done that.

Krams is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:18 AM
  #90
Machinehead
Moderator
Hanta Yo
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 43,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
He is our only fighter. You need at least one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
some people around here (the stu defenders) claim we need a tough guy. quite honestly i like asham more. he has made some good quick passes and can carry the puck (two things boyle cant do in his dreams) asham isnt as much of a black hole offensively as boyle.
A guy who can fight is a nice luxury but not at the expense of a far superior player.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:19 AM
  #91
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
We love him for saying hes a superior player than... Asham?
he really hasnt looked like much of an nhl player this year. he provides absolutely nothing offensively. he can win a face off so can jtm and halpern. he cannot fight. his checking is severely overrated. he cant skate and is the easiest player on the team to knock off the puck. i would rather have asham right now but i would take ferry-o over him or asham 10 times out of 10

Dactyl is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:20 AM
  #92
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Top 15 in the league in hits in 2011 and 2012 and top 15 so far this year.
But his hits are usually "rubs" not hits like Cally. Sometimes he falls over guys because he has 10 inches on them and it looks like a big hit. But it really isn't. I don't question his effort; ever. I question his effectiveness.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:21 AM
  #93
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
A guy who can fight is a nice luxury but not at the expense of a far superior player.
agreed ferriero is a far superior player

Dactyl is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:21 AM
  #94
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
I can't believe how much this fanbase underrates Brian Boyle.

Taking Asham and Benn ****ing Ferreiro over him? That's just insane.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:21 AM
  #95
Machinehead
Moderator
Hanta Yo
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 43,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Boyle bullied the Sens early that series, we don't win without him intimidating Karlsson, the best player in hockey.





:20 seconds in.

Machinehead is absolutely right. Free Boyle.
Not to mention he drew a 5 minute penalty for Carkner's antics, and if our PP didn't suck and scored twice on that Boyle would be an even bigger hero.

He also scored in that game. MVP of the series after Hank imo.

How quickly people forget. And then they blame him for firing the Sens up and getting them back in the series. But getting under the skin of their best player (something this fanbase worships Sean Avery for) meant nothing.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:22 AM
  #96
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
A guy who can fight is a nice luxury but not at the expense of a far superior player.
But he's not far superior. There are too many holes in his game to say he is far superior to anyone else suiting up in the NHL. And Ash is better than you are giving him credit for.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:22 AM
  #97
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
But his hits are usually "rubs" not hits like Cally. Sometimes he falls over guys because he has 10 inches on them and it looks like a big hit. But it really isn't. I don't question his effort; ever. I question his effectiveness.
exactly how i feel

Dactyl is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:23 AM
  #98
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I can't believe how much this fanbase underrates Brian Boyle.

Taking Asham and Benn ****ing Ferreiro over him? That's just insane.
It's not insane. They are all 4th line players. It's really a matter of taste.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:23 AM
  #99
Machinehead
Moderator
Hanta Yo
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 43,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
But he's not far superior. There are too many holes in his game to say he is far superior to anyone else suiting up in the NHL. And Ash is better than you are giving him credit for.
I'm just not seeing what you're seeing in Asham. He's done nothing.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 12:24 AM
  #100
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I can't believe how much this fanbase underrates Brian Boyle.

Taking Asham and Benn ****ing Ferreiro over him? That's just insane.
what does boyle do well other than win a couple of face offs, block a shot here and there, and is a nice guy in the locker room

Dactyl is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.