HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Colton Orr Sucker Punch On Bourque

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 11:39 PM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
I do agree with you though. Prust wouldn't even look at Orr tonight.

Let's see if Prust has the balls to fight Orr in response to him dropping Bourque. They next play Feb 27

On another note, I have respect for Gorges. He stepped up and fought a guy who is known for fighting.
Re: Prust

If you are going to be a ***** and throw punches at someone tied up, then you don't give him a choice. Just beat his ass. Period. Even if he weren't looking.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:50 PM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthSpoke06 View Post
That is when you make a ******* like Prust eat lunch through a straw, not try to decapitate all the lightweights.
That's not how you deter Prust. Prust won't give a **** if you target him. He will care if he was the reason his teammates got beat up and will behave accordingly to prevent a similar event. If you run after Prust, he'll be happy and do it again the next game. You don't need to play hockey to understand this stuff, but it sure helps.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Fred Murtz

3 stooges remix of fight

Old
02-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Bring_Back_PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
This is getting ridiculous. It was NOT a cheapshot. Bourqe was obviously running in to grab Orr.

Right...so one of the toughest guys in the league has dropped his gloves with Gionta our 5'7 captain, but it wasn't a sucker because Bourque was skating at him with his gloves on to "gasp" grab him. Yeah ok.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:45 AM
LeafOfBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
Yeah but he wasn't jumping in to fight, he was just saying hey get away from gionta..

As orr was being a wimp going after Gionta one of our smallest players
Calling Orr a wimp? Lol, he'll beat up anybody on the Habs no problem.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Bring_Back_PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
Gionta and Bourque can thank Prust for that, seeing as he was throwing punches at a tied up Grabovski in the earlier scrum.
As Grabovski was chewing on Paciorettys arm, good show leafs.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:56 AM
cujoflutie

Send a message via ICQ to cujoflutie Send a message via Yahoo to cujoflutie
Gotta love habs fans, 10 pages in and still waiting for the first non-habs fan to come in and claim Orr was wrong to deck the 3rd man in. And they actually question why they are considered the worst fans in the NHL?

Stay classy Montreal.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:24 AM
Stoneberg
Bored

Bourque got what he deserved for trying to grab a guy that can beat the **** out of him while he wasn't looking. Pacioretty got what he deserved for shoving his arm in Grabo's face after already being suckered by and engaged with Prust. Leafs dominated the score sheet and physically, better luck next time.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:01 AM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
Yeah but he wasn't jumping in to fight, he was just saying hey get away from gionta..

As orr was being a wimp going after Gionta one of our smallest players
lmao ur calling orr a wimp

Old
02-10-2013, 02:01 AM
topcat986*

Sad to say it But Borque should never have got in his grill. then again recently I have read on this section of forumn how Lucic should fight a 4th line nobody like Orr. Of courser that is a ******** trade off a line 1 winger versus a 6 minute max a game player, but when you are Leaf fans you need to have moral victorys lol .

Old
02-10-2013, 02:08 AM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
The Colton Orr highlight reel:

He's a solid heavyweight.
lol ur so ignorant, do i need to show you how many people hes knocked out. I could easily pull up any heavyweight and show his bad fights lol, grow up

Old
02-10-2013, 02:22 AM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posey View Post
Ryan White is on your team, you shouldn't complain about sucker punches.
AMEN!! so glad someone braught this up lmao

Old
02-10-2013, 02:30 AM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucky View Post
Wait.... Bourque does grab him from behind and I think that provoked the punch. However, Bourque is coming to the defence of Gionta who obviously would get killed. I think that's a sucker punch but Bourque should have been ready for it as Orr threw off his gloves.
to be honest, bourque is going after one of the toughest guys in the league, if you dont expect a punch after you attack him from behind you should quit hockey. anyone who chirps orr is being soft

Old
02-10-2013, 02:47 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
he certainly wouldn't come at Giroux of Rinaldo or Sestito were in the game

He certainly wouldn't come at Seguin if Shawn Thorton was in the game

He certainly wouldn't come at Crosby if Steve MacIntyre was in the game

thats what I'm saying. I know he's a tough guy but he acts like he owns the ice when he knows he's not going to have to answer to anyone.
This is funny. Why would Orr be on at the same time as Giroux,Seguin or Crosby anyways? What's even funnier, you seem to imply he's some kind of coward. Maybe you should look at who Coltons fought. He'll fight anyone. He's beaten up Lucic. He just took down John freakin' Scott a few weeks ago. Name me tougher guys.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:17 AM
topcat986*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
This is funny. Why would Orr be on at the same time as Giroux,Seguin or Crosby anyways? What's even funnier, you seem to imply he's some kind of coward. Maybe you should look at who Coltons fought. He'll fight anyone. He's beaten up Lucic. He just took down John freakin' Scott a few weeks ago. Name me tougher guys.

He's a superstar what team is he on now? Yeah a Journeyman 1 trick pony with zilch for skill. But hey leafs win nothing at least they have Colton Orr! Sad sad dreamer fan base waiting to be relavant again

Old
02-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Broke Lucic's nose when he was like 19

If they went again today I believe the outcome would be munch different

However I do not want this to happen since Lucic means more to his team than Orr does

Old
02-10-2013, 03:41 AM
ITM
As Long As It Takes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
As Grabovski was chewing on Paciorettys arm, good show leafs.
Pacioretty had no problem reaching around Grabovski's neck and head, shoving his forearm on his face, and pulling it back with what looks like most of the pressure under and on his nose. And doing it while he's twisting, or trying to twist his head around using the strap on the opposite side of his helmet and doing so while Grabovski's body remained obstructed from turning with his head. And this after Prust's cheap shot.

So any mention of cheap shot after Gionta's bit on Reimer in 2011, or his play tonight...spare us. I think Carlyle said it best that if teams think cheapshotting the Leafs is going to prevent Orr and McLaren etc from jumping over...Think again

And wouldn't you'd think a move like Pacioretty's, is the kind of thing that sends players looking to lay guys out?

You'd think a guy like Pacioretty wouldnt want anything to do with cheap intimidation by now, wouldn't you?

Old
02-10-2013, 04:22 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucicfist View Post
He's a superstar what team is he on now? Yeah a Journeyman 1 trick pony with zilch for skill. But hey leafs win nothing at least they have Colton Orr! Sad sad dreamer fan base waiting to be relavant again
No skill? guessed you missed his assist tonight. Typical Bruins fan, craps all over a former player. Shocking. If the Leafs aren't relevant, what are you doing here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Broke Lucic's nose when he was like 19

If they went again today I believe the outcome would be munch different

However I do not want this to happen since Lucic means more to his team than Orr does
Orr is capable of laying a beatdown on anyone in the league, Lucic included.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:28 AM
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle

I don't consider it to be a sucker punch.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:18 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsey View Post
I'm saying Bourque deserved to get punched in the face and should've seen it coming.
Yeah, you hate to see someone get hurt, but if its to be someone -- guys like Rene Bourque and Patrick Kaleta are pretty much first in line..

Old
02-10-2013, 05:28 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
Orr was going for a shoulder check, Pleks jumps out of the way, and catches Orr's skate. There was no 'intent to knee' here. Intent to completely destroy with the shoulder yes.. but that isnt a penalty.

Yeah, I don't think you totally can defend Orr's punch. He knew what he was doing and was out there to hurt someone. I doubt he actually would have unleashed on Gionta but when Rene came in he let one go. You can debate and more or less make arguments towards it being within some kind of code, but atleast by my book its pretty disrespectful.

Simmonds threw the same kind of haymakers at Josefsson a couple of weeks ago in basically the same type of situation. That time it was a scrum infront of the net but
Simmonds punches only caught the helm of Josefsson.

Given the type of problems the league has with concussions, I don't quite see the motivation to not go after this type of punches.

But, the hit that missed looked a little worse than it was due to Orr and Plec's skates contecting; Plec's speed; and Orr subsequently tumbling on his arse due to not having all that much balance.

Last edited by Ola: 02-10-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Old
02-10-2013, 05:53 AM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPower View Post
Bourque learned a valuable lesson tonight.
Yea he learned that next time you jump a Leafs player, punch them behind the head. Expect them to act dirty.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:39 AM
jimmycarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
wait why is no one complaining about COLTON ORR going after Brian Gionta like that? He's so tough when he's playing a team without a real tough guy.
you serious clark?

Old
02-10-2013, 06:40 AM
jimmycarter

don't grab his stick out of his hands and throw it. and you won't get beaten up by him. (you still might get beaten up by him if you are scott, england or rupp tho)

Old
02-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Leafidelity
Its that new Toronto

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucicfist View Post
Jimmies successfully rustled.

Closed Thread