HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Post Game and 3 Stars : 2/9/13 : EDM @ DET

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Howard 23 37.70%
Khabibulin 15 24.59%
Datsyuk 58 95.08%
Brunner 7 11.48%
Ericsson 30 49.18%
Zetterberg 29 47.54%
Kronwall 12 19.67%
Schultz 1 1.64%
Lashoff 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-10-2013, 05:34 AM
Tomas W

vCash: 500
Damn I voted for Kronwall, should have voted for Ericsson, got a brain fart there. My real three stars:

Datsyuk, Ericsson, Howard.

Game thoughts

+ PK and PP. Ericsson and Datsuyk. Ericsson is earning his salary right now, good to see.

- 5 vs 5. To many missed passes. The Oilers looked very weak, DRW should have won with a bigger margin, but the first period in particular it was to many give aways.

Last edited by Tomas W: 02-10-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:43 AM
14ari13

I went with Datsyuk, Z and Kronwall. Kronwall cause it was a bomb and the GWG.
I do not know why people vote for Bullin. He did not make any big saves. It was an easy game for both goalies. The lone big save and the toughest one of the game was made by Howard. Howard was better than Bullin in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Ericsson is so important for this team, his $3.25M is a bargain right now. Quincey at $3.775M on the other hand... I also kinda liked Kindl tonight, he was solid in his own end and brought some offense as well.

Up front Datsyuk was great both ways, 80% on def zone faceoffs! (Hank was 17%...) Franzen made good plays in front on both goals and Brunner should have actually had 2 A's. Bottom-6 played a solid game too.

Howard had a couple of great saves, like the one on Schultz in the 2nd(?). I believe he'll be starting tomorrow as well.
Kinld looked confident to me. I was pleasently surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
When do they start winning?
+1
They seem they always have some young good players, but seems to me they can't develop them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Dats
E
Howard

I thought this was a big game for Howard. He needed to bounce back and he had a strong game today. Going back to back tomorrow makes me question the line about him tired. That or Mrazek getting tangled up with Backes in the 3rd resulted in some minor injury.

Meh, not a big fan of either of them. They're not bad, but they're not good, either.
I too think it was an important win for Howard. Hope he builds on on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Ericsson used to be my whipping boy, but having Kyle Quincey on the team makes you appreciate him.
If I remember right Ericsson used to be the whipping boy on this board. When Holland signed him to the contract, people went mad here. Seems like it was a good deal for Detroit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post
quincey has been better as of late imo
+1

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:47 AM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
I went with Datsyuk, Z and Kronwall. Kronwall cause it was a bomb and a GWG.
I do not know why people vote for Bullin. He did not make any big saves. It was an easy game for both goalies. The lone big save
I think you missed the replay of the save on Brunner. I was watching the CBC feed (as I like a national perspective from time to time), so maybe they didn't show it on FSN. But that was a great save.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:53 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
I think you missed the replay of the save on Brunner. I was watching the CBC feed (as I like a national perspective from time to time), so maybe they didn't show it on FSN. But that was a great save.
I forgot that one. Yet I thought Howard was better and made tougher saves.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote