HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Yeah Weiss will fix everything.
exactly

main and me. brains like peas and carrots

Old
02-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Mursak gets good on NHL 13

Old
02-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Quo
I, too, don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Mursak gets good on NHL 13
Is that a good thing?

Old
02-09-2013, 08:06 PM
neutral zone trap13

Greening brings toughness to Detroit!! And Id do that trade, it'd be awesome to have the second best Slovenian NHLer!

Old
02-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I would target a team in the west.

A lot of people won't like it but I would trade Michalek+ for Jeff Carter.

Michalek + Puempel + 3rd for Carter

Slot Carter in 2c until Spezza gets back

No Spezza

Zibanejad/Turris/Alfredsson
Latendresse/Carter/Silfverberg
Greening/Smith/Neil
JOB/Regin/Condra

When Spezza gets back

Latendresse/Spezza/Carter
Silfverbreg/Turris/Alfredsson
Greening/Smith/Neil
JOB/Zibanejad/Regin
I'd do that without even thinking twice...

LA would just laugh though...

Old
02-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
Is that a good thing?
Not sure.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:53 PM
bacon25

Sorry no to Jeff Carter, he wanted to go to LA because he wanted to be with his buddy Richards, so unless they are both coming to Ottawa it is pointless to think about it. After the whole Columbus debacle I have a pretty low opinion of Carter, although he is a good player when he is motivated.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Deku Scrub
Hey Scotty...

vCash: 3900
I see no reason for LA to trade Carter for that package.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
This team needs a small shake up. Nothing earth shattering, just something show certain guys that their place here needs to be earned.

On that note, I have no clue whats happened with Greening. I had high hopes for him this year. Sophomore slump I guess but the guy is what, 26 now? Light a fire under those boots.
I'm pretty sure I was quite vocal about Greening's value being at it's absolute peak during the offseason. He had nowhere to go but down.

Taken off a line in which Spez & Michalek could inflate his numbers, the guy is a 3rd 4th liner, tops. I made comparisons to guys like Trent Klatt, who had 40pt years in his mid-20's when put on a 1st line that didn't mesh with his other career numbers, but was told "I was out to lunch".

I like his game, but there is almost nothing special about him, outside of his speed. He's a good foot soldier. That is all.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

You guys thought that Greening could improve from last year without playing with Spezza? Everyone looks better playing with Spezza. He could get Colton Orr 30 points a year.

Anyway...we really need something added to this team if we want to compete. Even if we are in a "rebuild" Alfredsson likely retires next year and we have nobody to replace him. If we don't do something we're completely wasting Spezza's prime.

Make a move for O'Reilly it's the perfect time to do it. It allows us to compete while Spezza is injured and moving forward it gives us another top 6 forward...Spezza and Turris together on a line would be pretty awesome as Turris is actually very smart and can finish.

Just do something. Please.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

You guys thought that Greening could improve from last year without playing with Spezza? Everyone looks better playing with Spezza. He could get Colton Orr 30 points a year.

Anyway...we really need something added to this team if we want to compete. Even if we are in a "rebuild" Alfredsson likely retires next year and we have nobody to replace him. If we don't do something we're completely wasting Spezza's prime.

Make a move for O'Reilly it's the perfect time to do it. It allows us to compete while Spezza is injured and moving forward it gives us another top 6 forward...Spezza and Turris together on a line would be pretty awesome as Turris is actually very smart and can finish.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:57 AM
krapsik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
+1

This team needs new blood. And this mean new , not calling some guy from AHL. Scoring help needed.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:38 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Proposal:

Ben Bishop back to STL for returning Ottawa's 2013 2nd round pick.

Blues fans realized again last night that Brian Elliott is "what we (Sens fans) thought he was" in the immortal words of Dennis Green...a mediocre to crappy NHL goalie.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:00 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Huxtable View Post
Proposal:

Blues fans realized again last night that Brian Elliott is "what we (Sens fans) thought he was" in the immortal words of Dennis Green...a mediocre to crappy NHL goalie.
That would be hilarious.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:37 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Ottawa doesn't need to make a deal just for the sake of making a deal. The great thing about having a young team is that you can expect improvement from within. We're seeing it with Wiercioch, Da Costa, Turris and Silfverberg as they get more comfortable in the NHL and in their roles.

Im all for bringing a guy like O'Rielly aboard if we can do it without trading Turris, Zibanejad, or Cowen and preferably not our 1st. Without those assets on the table I'm not sure we can bring in a player like ROR. ROR would be a luxury and it's worth noting that he's currently hurt. We'd need him now but he's not ready.

I'm still more in favour of bringing in a good youngish D over a forward. I'll keep saying it, Fedor Tyutin would be perfect. He'd replace Gonchar and give us another bomb to use from the point.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

I would rather try to come up with SOME package to get Berglund, Perron or one of their young top 6 wingers. They have an abundance of them....maybe Schwartz even? I know that our management was high on Schwartz in his draft year.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Ottawa doesn't need to make a deal just for the sake of making a deal. The great thing about having a young team is that you can expect improvement from within. We're seeing it with Wiercioch, Da Costa, Turris and Silfverberg as they get more comfortable in the NHL and in their roles.

Im all for bringing a guy like O'Rielly aboard if we can do it without trading Turris, Zibanejad, or Cowen and preferably not our 1st. Without those assets on the table I'm not sure we can bring in a player like ROR. ROR would be a luxury and it's worth noting that he's currently hurt. We'd need him now but he's not ready.

I'm still more in favour of bringing in a good youngish D over a forward. I'll keep saying it, Fedor Tyutin would be perfect. He'd replace Gonchar and give us another bomb to use from the point.
IMO if this year's first is moved appropriately it's not that valuable if we can get into the playoffs. I wouldn't mind giving up our first for O'Reilly. I think that Colorado recognizes that they're not going to be competing this year.

Something like Puempel + 1st 2013 + 3rd 2013 for O'Reilly (signed). I would do that. Chances are that you are not going to get a player as good as O'Reilly in this year's draft past the 15th pick and it would allow us to compete more with Spezza's prime years. Turris could be moved to the wing if ROR from last year is for real (which we are banking on).

Michalek - Spezza - Turris
Zibanejad - ROR - Silfverberg

That's actually a legitimate top 6 IMO next year. We also have more flexibility if Spezza goes down because Turris can slot over and we can fill in the top 6 with a number of players.

I know that we're seeing a great amount of improvement from our guys, but the reality is that even though we've gone through a rebuild/retool or whatever you want to call it we ARE in a position to compete right now. If we're not going to take advantage of Spezza's prime, as much as it pains me to say it, we might as well trade him away because it's likely that his window of being elite is closing within the next 3 - 5 years.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:26 AM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

You're only going to get those kind of players by giving up something you don't want to part with to marginally improve an area that won't push this team over the top.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Huxtable View Post
Proposal:

Charge them their 2nd round pick as well :evil:

Old
02-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
remember when the sens were a lost team not too long ago and people said spezza was terrible?

it is the atmosphere of the team it needs to change. I think ovy will be good again if the team finds an identity
By people you mean some of the Spezza haters, right?? Hopefully those same people recognize that Spezza is still with the Sens after the purge of those terrible teams.

This "acquire Backstrom" movement is entirely based on where the Caps sit in the standings, somehow believing that makes him available.

It is entirely possible Backstrom will turn his season around and up the level of his play to his previous standard. However if this occurs all discussion about acquiring him will be in the realm of fantasy.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
IMO if this year's first is moved appropriately it's not that valuable if we can get into the playoffs. I wouldn't mind giving up our first for O'Reilly. I think that Colorado recognizes that they're not going to be competing this year.

Something like Puempel + 1st 2013 + 3rd 2013 for O'Reilly (signed). I would do that. Chances are that you are not going to get a player as good as O'Reilly in this year's draft past the 15th pick and it would allow us to compete more with Spezza's prime years. Turris could be moved to the wing if ROR from last year is for real (which we are banking on).

That's actually a legitimate top 6 IMO next year. We also have more flexibility if Spezza goes down because Turris can slot over and we can fill in the top 6 with a number of players.

I know that we're seeing a great amount of improvement from our guys, but the reality is that even though we've gone through a rebuild/retool or whatever you want to call it we ARE in a position to compete right now. If we're not going to take advantage of Spezza's prime, as much as it pains me to say it, we might as well trade him away because it's likely that his window of being elite is closing within the next 3 - 5 years.
A few comments, it is quite possible this team will draft in the top 12 this summer.

My reasoning is that this team is two young at key positions to be consistent, and in the shortened season the veterans are going to find it tougher as the games pile up at a fast pace.

If the Sens had any interest in O'Reilly they might as well offer Turris in return because moving Turris to the wing would spell the end of his effectiveness.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:13 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I don't think there's really an acquire Backstrom 'movement'. Theres just discussion around the bottom feeders and who could become available. Backstrom is probably the last guy who would be on the Caps. Washington could do a little retool on the fly if they like. Backstrom, johansson, Forsberg, Neuvirth/Holby, Alzner and Carlsson. That's a great core in addition to potentially the #1 overall pick and maybe a handsome return for Ovechkin and Green if they go down that road.

They don't have anyone coming up who could replace Backstrom but if for some reason they did move him I'd sell the farm for him. We dont have a legit left handed playmaker in the system and a line with Silf and Backstrom would be incredible under Maclean.

The other guys I'd look at are Laich and Green. Green is a HF pariah but I'd take him here in this system with sheltered minutes under Karlsson.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:18 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:

We have lost the last two games by only one goal, we have a good team that will only get better as our youth get better & we have more good young players coming. Your top six up there would be great if Spezza wasn't hurt, ROR is also hurt & the other four are not scoring & we need them too. What looks great when we write it down doesn't always work out on the ice when the guys you expect to score are not scoring although Turris is doing alright so far.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:20 AM
dan1el

I'm not a big fan of moving our first for banking on O'reilly repeating last year. The last thing we want is to move it then have it be lower then we expect it to be now. Toronto didn't expect to be missing Seguin and Hamilton, Columbus didn't expect to be missing Couturier, Colorado didn't expect to be missing Forsberg. Especially with Spezza out. Let's keep the first.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
A few comments, it is quite possible this team will draft in the top 12 this summer.
If no move is made to bolster our top 6 then yes, this is true.

Quote:
My reasoning is that this team is two young at key positions to be consistent, and in the shortened season the veterans are going to find it tougher as the games pile up at a fast pace.
We're mostly fine everywhere except our top 6. If we can get someone like ROR or even Weiss to let us beat the lower end teams until Spezza gets back we will be in really good shape come playoff time.

Quote:
If the Sens had any interest in O'Reilly they might as well offer Turris in return because moving Turris to the wing would spell the end of his effectiveness.
Not at all. In fact when Turris really got noticed he was playing the wing in the playoffs for Phoenix. We've seen him a little bit on the ice at the same time as Spezza and they feed well off eachother. Turris' intelligence, shot, speed and defensive awareness make him a great option to have on Spezza's wing and with ROR or Weiss he would be able to go there.

Closed Thread