HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cooke, Dupuis, Kennedy: Keep one, Trade one, Let walk

Old
02-10-2013, 03:23 AM
deakka

vCash: 500
Same as most others. Would depens on how much Dupuis wants tho.

I dont know how the "hes played with sid" argument would play into contract talks. Hes scored 60 points and are on pace for the same amount this year. 60 point players usually cant be had for 1.5 mil.

deakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:38 AM
Miss Ausguins
The Aussie Penguin

Don't wanna think about it..........As long as it has nothing to do with Philly

Miss Ausguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:14 AM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

Sign Kennedy
Let Duper walk
Trade cooke for winger for Crosby

am i doing it right?

Antaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:16 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

One interesting thing in this context is what the cap-drop will do for non-elite players. As said elsewhere, I don't believe we have any cap issues for next season at all.

But several other teams will have, and while waiting to see if there is positive movement as regards the cap for 2014-2015, I don't see a lot of money being thrown at peripheral assets. Perry and the likes will get paid, but there will be lots of good players who will have to wait.

Dupuis is first in line to stay, because even if he isn't a great option with Sid, he works there. And he works almost anywhere in a lineup, even if think he is a bad fit for Malkin, because he plays strict North/South hockey and Malkin does not. Ie. Bylsma can use him anywhere else, and he is a fixture on the PK.

Cooke.... while he had a good scoring season last year, also boosted by Staal's coming out party offensively, I don't consider him a key/core player after he stopped being nasty and a pest.

Kennedy.... a bit of waiting for Godot there. Would have hoped he would have rebounded to show more of the shot he did in his 20+ goals season. He hasn't and to be honest I think that this season so far is about the weakest I can recall in so far as winning battles and driving our cycle game on the third line. If he has trade value, he is very replaceable just like Cooke. From within or in free agency.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:33 AM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
**** Cooke
Marry Dupuis
Kill Kennedy

oh, not that game.
The only right answer, though.

BrunoPuntzJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Keep Dupuis if the price is reasonable but he may have priced himself out of town.

Trade Kennedy - I could see Kennedy being a sweetener in a big trade around the deadline. He's still fairly young, a decent enough player and RFA.

Let Cooke walk - I'd probably move on from him. I just think he's on the downside of his career now. I certainly didn't agree when he went way over the top and did what he did to Savard but damn do I miss the villain he used to be. He was one of the meanest, most ruthless and most hated guys in the league in his prime.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
Even if Cooke is playing better than Kennedy(which is debatable I suppose), I still think Kennedy's age/past production, and Cooke's baggage give Kennedy the higher trade value.
Kennedy probably has more trade value due to contract situation and age. Cooke has absolutely been a better player so far this year. He does more than TK already, and on top of it he's out producing him.

and ya, sign Dupuis trade TK let Cooke walk.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:50 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Sign Kennedy because of his age but it has to be no more than 1.8 a year.

Trade Dupuis I guess only because of his age.

Cooke walks only because of his age. Doesn't have too many seasons left in him at the same play level.

I've said this before that a lot of our third line two-way gays are getting older & we don't have anyone in the system to replace them. These guys are so important to our success & people don't realize it.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Value-wise, this is pretty easy. I was going to say "let Kennedy walk because he'll get less in a trade than Cooke"... but someone mentioned age and that's true too. So probably:

Keep: Dupuis (this part is not in question IMO -- he's far more valuable than Kennedy, and usually more valuable than Cooke too.)

Trade: Kennedy (just don't expect much in return)

Walk: Cooke

WHAT I WOULD MUCH RATHER DO, looking towards next year (I still think Cooke has a good year left in him):

Keep: Dupuis, Cooke

Trade: Kennedy, Tangradi

Walk: Adams

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:15 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
WHAT I WOULD MUCH RATHER DO, looking towards next year (I still think Cooke has a good year left in him):

This ^

Do some of you other guys even realize that both Cooke & Dupuis are going to be UFAs after this season and will have ZERO trade value once the playoffs are done, right? And if you think Shero would move one of these guys before our playoff run, you must be on on some pretty bad drugs.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
So what exactly happened to Kennedy? His shooting percentage has traditionally been around 8-9 percent, the last couple years it's been almost half that. We always joked about the chest snipes, but the guy could put in 15-20 a year, now he plays like he couldn't do 10. Was one of his injuries a wrist or shoulder thing? Back? 26 year olds generally don't have their shooting percentage drop like that.

Cookie is good, but he's old.

Don't touch Dups. Dups is one of the best utility players in the league. He can check, be on an energy line, fill in on a scoring line and not look completely out of place, kills penalties, is disciplined. Dups is a good player. I'll never understand why they took Kunitz off Malkin's line, and Dupuis off Crosby's. Dups is one of the few guys who can keep up with Crosby's speed, and Malkin needs Kunitz to do boardwork and cause havoc in front of the net. That's been how you build a Malkin line, you put one hitter (like Malone, Kunitz) and one sniper (like Sykora, Neal).

Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Value-wise, this is pretty easy. I was going to say "let Kennedy walk because he'll get less in a trade than Cooke"... but someone mentioned age and that's true too. So probably:

Keep: Dupuis (this part is not in question IMO -- he's far more valuable than Kennedy, and usually more valuable than Cooke too.)

Trade: Kennedy (just don't expect much in return)

Walk: Cooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
This ^

Do some of you other guys even realize that both Cooke & Dupuis are going to be UFAs after this season and will have ZERO trade value once the playoffs are done, right? And if you think Shero would move one of these guys before our playoff run, you must be on on some pretty bad drugs.
you guys are bad at this game thing. Nobody thinks we have to do one of each in real life.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

I feel shame.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote